It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

sabresEH
 Post subject: Re: Scott Hartnell
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:12 pm 
Garbage Man

mechaphil wrote:
See, I love Hartnell as well...or at least, what he represents. Power forward, gets his nose dirty, etc etc. But he also takes dumb penalties and is a doucher. The ladies don't like him cuz he's all sorts of scummy looking.

And for the record, I have posted in other threads that we could really use Hartnell on this team. I'm just too damned lazy to find 'em.

I remember Phil. Any player that actually uses their big frame is welcome to our roster. Hartnell, Byfuglien, Bourque, Malone, Penenr. I dont give a fuck who it is just get us a top six power fucking forward.

Eh

jvaccaro6
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:51 pm 
Certifiably Hotter than ETC

sabresEH wrote:
mechaphil wrote:
See, I love Hartnell as well...or at least, what he represents. Power forward, gets his nose dirty, etc etc. But he also takes dumb penalties and is a doucher. The ladies don't like him cuz he's all sorts of scummy looking.

And for the record, I have posted in other threads that we could really use Hartnell on this team. I'm just too damned lazy to find 'em.

I remember Phil. Any player that actually uses their big frame is welcome to our roster. Hartnell, Byfuglien, Bourque, Malone, Penenr. I dont give a fuck who it is just get us a top six power fucking forward.

Out of all those guys, the only one I'd want is Malone and MAYBE Hartnell; Malone to me is worth his money, because he does much more than play 5v5 he's a good PP guy, and can kill penalties as well. Hartnell is good on the PP, but I can't remember him being overly strong on PK, and he does disappear for 15-20 games a season.

Squanto 7/27/2010

mechaphil
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:52 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

Now, Malone last season would have been easy to snatch up with a good trade. But this year, he's absolutely remade himself on a Tampa Bay team that will push for the playoffs, and he won't be going anywhere unless Tampa can get something greater than him in return.

jvaccaro6
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:59 pm 
Certifiably Hotter than ETC

mechaphil wrote:
Now, Malone last season would have been easy to snatch up with a good trade. But this year, he's absolutely remade himself on a Tampa Bay team that will push for the playoffs, and he won't be going anywhere unless Tampa can get something greater than him in return.

To get Malone I'd trade Butler, and Connolly + 1st rounder.

Give a little, get a little. They'd improve on defense, and continue to build beyond St. Louis and Lecavilier; I think that Weber could become just as good as Butler if he continues to develop. He's hitting that age where he should be playing NHL hockey, he's completely destroying the AHL right now. +17 with 10 points in 36 games. Very promising stats.

Squanto 7/27/2010

mechaphil
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:01 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

Quite a return to the Weber we thought we saw...perhaps last season really was just an injury-riddled disappointment. I haven't been paying attention to the Pirates as much as last season - how're his penalty minutes? More majors than minors this season, I hope?