It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 10:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

sabresEH
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:49 pm 
Garbage Man

I know its Eklund but its still nice to hear and speculate. He mentioned Marty back to Buffalo should happen. Also that we are still in the running for Whitney. Right now Eklund may know what he's talking about as he is at the Olympics surrounded by people who are actually in the know.

Eh

mechaphil
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:50 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

At this point, I'm digging anything I hear, and since Eklund seems to do it for the lulz, then I dig it.

Because, really, it's all about doin' it for the lulz :lol:

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:13 pm 
Cup Winner

mechaphil wrote:
At this point, I'm digging anything I hear, and since Eklund seems to do it for the lulz, then I dig it.

Because, really, it's all about doin' it for the lulz :lol:

That's right Phil.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

PuckSniperPensel
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:15 pm 
Page Side

Didn't he say the same thing last year?

sabresEH
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:57 pm 
Garbage Man

I dunno. I dont remember him saying much about the sabres last year. I do recall him saying Moore would be a Darcy Regier pick up.
I wouldn't mind Whitney on this team. Not one bit.

Eh

PuckSniperPensel
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:58 pm 
Page Side

I'd love Whitney.

Timbo Slice
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:00 am 
Franchise Defenseman

I know that Eklund is full of BS, but this is still fun to hear.

patkane88
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:07 am 
Captain Clutch

Backup goal tending (BIRON) is really the only I would like to see.

Twitter @BUrbanowicz13

Wyohomeboy
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:13 am 
Power Forward

" Right now Eklund may know what he's talking about as he is at the Olympics surrounded by people who are actually in the know.[/quote]"

In a Pigs Ass

sabresEH
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:21 am 
Garbage Man

I'm just saying wyohomeboy Eklund is surrounded by people who have real sources. He may overhear a thing or two.

Eh

slesh
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:56 am 
Franchise Defenseman

I don't think Biron is coming back to Buffalo, I think Darcy rides out Lalime's contract.
I also don't believe Whitney is coming to Buffalo, Darcy won't give him the extension he is looking for.

It all sounds fun to speculate, but I cannot see Darcy giving up Stafford or MacArthur for a rental player, I do, however, see Darcy making a deal for someone with an existing contract.
Horton makes alot of sense, has a current contract is roughly 25 yrs old and would be the type of player Buffalo would be looking for. RWer with some tenacity.
I would say looking at Florida, Edmonton, St. Louis and Columbus as sellers, there are a number of players that may fit what the team is looking for as far as upgrades for both this season and the foreseeable future.

Jim Bob
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:04 am 
Penalty Killer

With Alex Auld clearing waivers, I'll be POd if the Sabres give up assets to acquire a new back up goalie.

And as far as the Sabres being big buyers, I'll believe it when I see it.

My guess is that after the deadline Regier will say that they were talking about getting some of the "name" guys out there ala Whitney but things didn't work out.

Squanto
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:16 am 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

sabresEH wrote:
I'm just saying wyohomeboy Eklund is surrounded by people who have real sources. He may overhear a thing or two.

Eklund surrounds himself by sycophants who do nothing but suck off his massive ego. He's no more connected than anyone here.

PuckSniperPensel
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:05 am 
Page Side

slesh wrote:
I don't think Biron is coming back to Buffalo, I think Darcy rides out Lalime's contract.
I also don't believe Whitney is coming to Buffalo, Darcy won't give him the extension he is looking for.

It all sounds fun to speculate, but I cannot see Darcy giving up Stafford or MacArthur for a rental player, I do, however, see Darcy making a deal for someone with an existing contract.
Horton makes alot of sense, has a current contract is roughly 25 yrs old and would be the type of player Buffalo would be looking for. RWer with some tenacity.
I would say looking at Florida, Edmonton, St. Louis and Columbus as sellers, there are a number of players that may fit what the team is looking for as far as upgrades for both this season and the foreseeable future.

How do you know Darcy won't give him an extension?

Why do people think this is out of the realm of possibility?

You have no idea whether or not Darcy would think it'd be a good idea to extend Whitney.

Personally, I think he would. He's playing well, he doesn't want a ridiculously long or expensive contract, and he adds veteran presence that we need.

Howie Hodge
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:34 pm 
Star Sniper

sabresEH wrote:
I know its Eklund but its still nice to hear and speculate. He mentioned Marty back to Buffalo should happen. Also that we are still in the running for Whitney. Right now Eklund may know what he's talking about as he is at the Olympics surrounded by people who are actually in the know.

Pictures of him with some of these people; or he's not really even there. He's most probably still in his mother's basement, or out having sex with some male student who posed as a girl to get naked pics of Ek's tiny package. :shhh:

-Bowler, imitating Freddy Blassie, at the very first M & G.

AudSabres
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:40 pm 
Superstar Goalie

Quote:
In a Pigs Ass

In a pigs ass....

Eklund is in it.

He's a middling AHL player who had the good fortune of a drunk arbitrator. - The Squanto re: Tim Kennedy

Howie Hodge
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:50 pm 
Star Sniper

I know he's just my living room recliner; but it's fun to listen to him. He says that Buffalo actually will definitely make; or will definitely not make one - or both of these moves! LRR3

-Bowler, imitating Freddy Blassie, at the very first M & G.

slesh
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:59 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

PuckSniperPensel wrote:
slesh wrote:

You have no idea whether or not Darcy would think it'd be a good idea to extend Whitney.

Personally, I think he would. He's playing well, he doesn't want a ridiculously long or expensive contract, and he adds veteran presence that we need.

Well PSP, I don't know, thats why, as I make that statement its proceeded by "I believe" inferring an opinion, not fact. But based on Darcy's past track record as well as what can actually be expected of a player who will no doubt decline in production as he approaches 40 yrs old. It makes no sense to spend young assests on a guy like Whitney.

MakinItLookMean
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:10 am 
Power Forward

Ok Eklund is reporting this....this means that we will be sellers, just like i thought.....next year folks...darcy is not trying to win this year

Tyler Myers - Future captain of the Buffalo Sabres, and future Norris Trophy Winner

Manning the machine gun on the Tyler Myers Bandwagon - just in case any teams have an idea of prying him away from us (3 GM's shot already)

Connolly/Roy - 2 goals in the last 47 playoff games

PuckSniperPensel
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:11 am 
Page Side

slesh wrote:
PuckSniperPensel wrote:
slesh wrote:

Well PSP, I don't know, thats why, as I make that statement its proceeded by "I believe" inferring an opinion, not fact. But based on Darcy's past track record as well as what can actually be expected of a player who will no doubt decline in production as he approaches 40 yrs old. It makes no sense to spend young assests on a guy like Whitney.

...unless you're gunning for a Stanley cup over the next 2 years with Miller in his prime and the organization not far from having the pieces in place they need.

It's true hockey is a young man's game now, but look at all of the Stanley Cup winners over the past 20 years, and I bet you'll find every roster has at least 2 forwards over the age of 35.