It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 11:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

X-pensfan
 Post subject: Good UFA link
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 8:02 am 
Star Sniper

I discovered this cool UFA list, it's not up to date so if you know a better one I'm all...clicks?

http://www.sportscity.com/nhl/2010-nhl- ... -position/

The pickings at forward are kind of slim. Somebody mentioned Holmstrom in another thread and he would be a great fit for the Sabres! I despise Bertuzzi in my heart, but I'm smart enough to know that the Sabres could actually use a big body that can drive the net on scoring lines, so he's an option. Owen Nolan? Meh...

Not a great many choices via UFA, seems like being a big badass net crasher is a dying art.

I've always been a fan of Jed Ortmeyer, he caught my eye as a tremendous defensive forward who would probably be a Selke candidate if he had better skill. They Sabres don't need a PK upgrade, but for the right price he's a guy that can really help the team push a 90% kill rate.

On defense, Paul Martin is a very interesting dude. He's a bit of an enigma, never really became the high scoring blue liner I thought he could be but he's got a solid all around game. If I were going to pay a Leopold 3m/year, I would certainly entertain the idea of forking out another .5m for Martin instead. He's just as good but even faster. In fact, he's a tremendous skater who can do a pretty good Neidermeyer impression when lugging the puck on the power play.

Jay McKee might rejuvenate his career back in Buffalo, two years, 3 million total would be a nice contract in my opinion. Who knows, he might even play his way up to being a stay at home defender on the top pairing. Stranger things have happened. I thought he played his best hockey for the Penguins in the playoffs while Leopold was hurt. Very savvy, hard nosed defender-but yeah, he isn't going to win the fastest skater competition.

Randy Jones has a really good well rounded game. Seems like a player that can contribute in any role.

"And I love that I have an erection that doesn't involve homeless people." Kreiger