It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

sabresrocker56
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:14 pm 
Garbage Man

jvaccaro6 wrote:
I'll tell you right now, this deal wont be done until atleast draft day. And if it is done at all, it's going to involve Buffalo rolling the dice, and going with a youthful center, or trying to sign Comrie, Lombardi, or a 2nd tier free agent. Patrick Marleau is going to earn 7-8M this off season, and Darcy will still need to sign 1 defender to be our PP QB.

Patrick Marleau is not going to be on Buffalo's radar. He's simply out of our price range given the RFAs we are going to be trying to retain in a few years. I'll give you a hint he's 6'7 and his name rhymes with Tires...

If that's the case, I'd go after Lombardi first. He seems to be more consistent than Comrie. Lombardi had a career year with 53 points last year while Comrie hasn't come close to that since 05-06 when he hit 60 points. Granted, the past few seasons he's been on very bad teams (NYI and EDM namely) but still Lomabrdi seems a more reliable choice for a center.

Gerbacity

NYIntensity wrote:
Sabres2Sabres wrote:
If Miller and Myers were playing like they did last year, we'd probably be over 500 right now.

If I had decided to jerk off instead, I probably wouldn't be paying child support...

"Grier coming in over the line. He leaves it to Gaustad. The shot. THEY SCOOOREE!! RING UP ANOTHER ONE FOR THE GOOSE!!! HONK IF YA HEAR THE GOOSE!! 3-0 BUFFALO!"

jvaccaro6
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:10 pm 
Certifiably Hotter than ETC

Ok, well here is what I heard today; and this is just total hear-say from a guy who is connected pretty close with an NHL organization.

"The Sabres are being very aggressive right now talking trades, and will possibly move 2-4 players by or at the Draft. They are looking for size on their first line, and adding depth scoring on their second and third lines."

With that being said, my guess is, we may be moving one of Connolly or Roy, attempting to move Stafford, and possibly even an early draft pick and prospect if the right deal comes along.

Keep in mind my source isn't a GM, he's not an assistant GM, but he does work closely with the front office of an NHL franchise, and he's just relaying what he's heard around the office.

He has been right on several occasions, and he's been wrong on several occasions. He's not Ecklund, but he's not Dreger.

If for nothing else it makes for interesting discussion.

Squanto 7/27/2010

Stuuuuuuu
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:15 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

jvaccaro6 wrote:
Keep in mind my source isn't a GM, he's not an assistant GM, but he does work closely with the front office of an NHL franchise

The window cleaner?

jvaccaro6
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:21 pm 

Stuuuuuuu wrote:
jvaccaro6 wrote:
Keep in mind my source isn't a GM, he's not an assistant GM, but he does work closely with the front office of an NHL franchise

The window cleaner?

He actually sells popcorn at the circus events there, and cleans the elephant tents :lol:

Check your inbox :)

Squanto 7/27/2010

mechaphil
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:23 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

For the record, I can vouch for Jay's story.

SabresBillsFan
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:28 pm 
Power Forward

jvaccaro6 wrote:
Ok, well here is what I heard today; and this is just total hear-say from a guy who is connected pretty close with an NHL organization.

"The Sabres are being very aggressive right now talking trades, and will possibly move 2-4 players by or at the Draft. They are looking for size on their first line, and adding depth scoring on their second and third lines."

With that being said, my guess is, we may be moving one of Connolly or Roy, attempting to move Stafford, and possibly even an early draft pick and prospect if the right deal comes along.

Keep in mind my source isn't a GM, he's not an assistant GM, but he does work closely with the front office of an NHL franchise, and he's just relaying what he's heard around the office.

He has been right on several occasions, and he's been wrong on several occasions. He's not Ecklund, but he's not Dreger.

Hopefully if anyone is moved it's Connolly, Stafford or one of the odd man out defenseman Sekera or Butler. Hopefully Darcy makes some moves and not giving up high picks for a mediocre player. I like the trades he did way back when he acquired Briere and Dumont. Now those were great trades. The last few years I haven't been impressed at all and I'm not too fond of giving up 2nd round picks for a rental especially when this organization is big on building from within. This team needs offense and some offense prospects in the worst way.

Ennis ,Gerbe= Future
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:31 pm 
Rink Rat

jvaccaro6 wrote:

Thanks for the information . :D

sabresrocker56
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:53 pm 
Garbage Man

This could be really interesting if your guy is right.

Gerbacity

NYIntensity wrote:
Sabres2Sabres wrote:
If Miller and Myers were playing like they did last year, we'd probably be over 500 right now.

If I had decided to jerk off instead, I probably wouldn't be paying child support...

"Grier coming in over the line. He leaves it to Gaustad. The shot. THEY SCOOOREE!! RING UP ANOTHER ONE FOR THE GOOSE!!! HONK IF YA HEAR THE GOOSE!! 3-0 BUFFALO!"

Van_Da_Man
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:00 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

I'd be angry if Roy got moved, he's much more dependable then Connolly and has a much better contract IMHO.

"I'm going to go to the spa and have a hot tub and massage and relax," Miller said. "That's it, and it's back to work tomorrow." Ryan Miller after clinching the North East division.

MakinItLookMean
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:31 pm 
Power Forward

man, i hope jvaccaro is right on this one........i'm frothing at the mouth to see some trades

Tyler Myers - Future captain of the Buffalo Sabres, and future Norris Trophy Winner

Manning the machine gun on the Tyler Myers Bandwagon - just in case any teams have an idea of prying him away from us (3 GM's shot already)

Connolly/Roy - 2 goals in the last 47 playoff games

burner087
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:00 am 
Brawler

ESPN is talking about Horton to the Bruins as well now.

We heard the Boston Bruins were one of many teams in on Nathan Horton, but now a source tells WEEI.com that they are now "on the verge" of acquiring the 25-year-old winger.

Other team that may have inquired about Horton are the Minnesota Wild, Toronto Maple Leafs and Buffalo Sabres. But if the Bruins are the frontrunners, which it sounds like they are, we haven't heard what they're giving up for Horton.

It will likely involve a draft pick, since the Bruins have the No. 15, No. 32 and No. 45 picks to deal with and Panther GM Dale Tallon probably wants to make his mark in this draft. Also, there were rumors Blake Wheeler was on the block, and deals involving Marc Savard have been thrown around, as well

Jim Bob
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:38 am 
Penalty Killer

If Boston can't deal Thomas, they are going to be cap tight if they deal a pick for Horton.

burner087
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:22 pm 
Brawler

The Boston Bruins acquired Nathan Horton and Gregory Campbell from the Florida Panthers on Tuesday.

In return, the Bruins sent Dennis Wideman, Boston's first-round pick (15th overall) in this year's draft and a third-round draft pick in 2011 to the Panthers.

jvaccaro6
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:22 pm 

Well I'm sad this didn't come to fruition, but it is nice to know Darcy was atleast trying to get active this off season, I think this still puts us in a good position, with some talent to deal, in a market where assets can be had.

Squanto 7/27/2010

Rutledge222
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:44 pm 
Power Forward

Mind as well Ax this thread lol. Maybe Connolly will still be shipped off somewhere.. but who knows

Van_Da_Man
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:18 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Fuck.

"I'm going to go to the spa and have a hot tub and massage and relax," Miller said. "That's it, and it's back to work tomorrow." Ryan Miller after clinching the North East division.

Los9090
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:24 am 
Superstar Goalie

Maybe people don't want TC

HelloMyKneeGrows
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:54 am 
Garbage Man

I wouldn't lose a bit of sleep if Connolly were to get shipped out, but Roy's production for the money he is making is really not going to be able to be filled by anyone else for anywhere near $4 million a season.

daz28
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:12 am 
Star Sniper

I really hope Horton for Staffy was a hoax, because I'd place more faith in Nathan than Drew at this point.

On a side note, what they(Boston) paid for him seemed like more than just Stafford. Campbell is a capable player, and Wideman is Loods/Monty junior. He just can't think as fast as the other guys, and has untimely give-aways when pressured. The 15th overall pick is the deal breaker for me. That guy has the chance to be better than all of them.