It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 12:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
mechaphil
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:05 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

jvaccaro6 wrote:
I just got a text from a semi-reliable source that Horton and prospect Drew Shore to Buffalo for Connolly and 2 3rd round picks. (ours and atlantas)

Interesting...very interesting.

Your usual source?

jvaccaro6
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:09 pm 
Certifiably Hotter than ETC

My only semi-reliable one, other than you, lol

Squanto 7/27/2010

MakinItLookMean
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:43 pm 
Power Forward

jvaccaro6 wrote:
I just got a text from a semi-reliable source that Horton and prospect Drew Shore to Buffalo for Connolly and 2 3rd round picks. (ours and atlantas)

I hope this is true.....

now you got me searching the internet for more info on this.....lol

Tyler Myers - Future captain of the Buffalo Sabres, and future Norris Trophy Winner

Manning the machine gun on the Tyler Myers Bandwagon - just in case any teams have an idea of prying him away from us (3 GM's shot already)

Connolly/Roy - 2 goals in the last 47 playoff games

mechaphil
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:44 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

MakinItLookMean wrote:
jvaccaro6 wrote:

I hope this is true.....

now you got me searching the internet for more info on this.....lol

You're not the only one - I've been digging like a mad man, too!

MakinItLookMean
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:52 pm 
Power Forward

spector's is reporting (info from NESN) that the Bruins may be on the verge of getting Horton....that would suck for us.....not only not getting him, but having him in our division

http://www.spectorshockey.net/index.php ... s&Itemid=4

Tyler Myers - Future captain of the Buffalo Sabres, and future Norris Trophy Winner

Manning the machine gun on the Tyler Myers Bandwagon - just in case any teams have an idea of prying him away from us (3 GM's shot already)

mechaphil
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:53 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

NESN's rumor is bullshit. The speculation originated on the Bruins sub-forum at HF Boards. This Horton to Boston rumor is almost as laughably fake as that Semin for Brodeur trade yesterday.

MakinItLookMean
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:55 pm 
Power Forward

mechaphil wrote:
NESN's rumor is bullshit. The speculation originated on the Bruins sub-forum at HF Boards. This Horton to Boston rumor is almost as laughably fake as that Semin for Brodeur trade yesterday.

well thats good to hear.....

Come on Darcy !!!

Sabresfansince1980
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:00 pm 
Star Sniper

Connolly for Horton is almost equal, only because Horton is signed for three more seasons to Connolly's one. After that trading two 3rd rd picks for an average prospect is a pure giveaway. I'd make it one 3rd rd pick and it's almost sort of even. As I've said before, it would make more sense if Regier had another deal pending for a proven #1 center.

X-pensfan
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:09 pm 
Star Sniper

Sabresfansince1980 wrote:
Connolly for Horton is almost equal, only because Horton is signed for three more seasons to Connolly's one. After that trading two 3rd rd picks for an average prospect is a pure giveaway. I'd make it one 3rd rd pick and it's almost sort of even. As I've said before, it would make more sense if Regier had another deal pending for a proven #1 center.

This. I don't see how this trade would help either team or either player, there isn't an underlying social problem going on with either player as far as I know. Like when Heatley needed a change of scenery they got Hossa straight up. That was a wash.

"And I love that I have an erection that doesn't involve homeless people." Kreiger

sabresEH
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:09 pm 
Garbage Man

If we land Drew Shore also in this deal than that is a slick trade by Darcy imo. 19 pts in his freshman year as a defenceman is pretty good.

Eh

mechaphil
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:26 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

sabresEH wrote:
If we land Drew Shore also in this deal than that is a slick trade by Darcy imo. 19 pts in his freshman year as a defenceman is pretty good.

He's a center, actually.

Ennis ,Gerbe= Future
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:09 pm 
Rink Rat

sabresEH wrote:

Drew Plays Center . :dance:

sabresEH
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:14 am 
Garbage Man

Shit eh. For some reason I thought he was a d-man. My bad.

Eh

SabresBillsFan
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:28 am 
Power Forward

This team needs to find a taker for Connolly period. He is too injury prone and he was completely worthless in the playoffs when this team needed him the most. Connolly for Horton I would be in favor for plus a change for Horton might change his ways.

X-pensfan
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:13 pm 
Star Sniper

SabresBillsFan wrote:
This team needs to find a taker for Connolly period. He is too injury prone and he was completely worthless in the playoffs when this team needed him the most. Connolly for Horton I would be in favor for plus a change for Horton might change his ways.

I'm sure a team like the Islanders would LOVE to have him, and Regier could get a nice prospect, 2nd round pick, or maybe even both for him. Then the question becomes, who are you going to sign as a UFA to replace him? The only guy is Marleau and he might cost you 7+ million a season.

"And I love that I have an erection that doesn't involve homeless people." Kreiger

ScottP
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:27 pm 
First Rounder

[/quote]I'm sure a team like the Islanders would LOVE to have him, and Regier could get a nice prospect, 2nd round pick, or maybe even both for him. Then the question becomes, who are you going to sign as a UFA to replace him? The only guy is Marleau and he might cost you 7+ million a season.[/quote]

Take a risk on Jokinen?

MakinItLookMean
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:31 pm 
Power Forward

X-pensfan wrote:
SabresBillsFan wrote:

I'm sure a team like the Islanders would LOVE to have him, and Regier could get a nice prospect, 2nd round pick, or maybe even both for him. Then the question becomes, who are you going to sign as a UFA to replace him? The only guy is Marleau and he might cost you 7+ million a season.

this exactly....darcy will have to do something to get a #1 center after the trade.....it will be interesting to see how this pans out should we get horton

jvaccaro6
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:39 pm 
Certifiably Hotter than ETC

I'll tell you right now, this deal wont be done until atleast draft day. And if it is done at all, it's going to involve Buffalo rolling the dice, and going with a youthful center, or trying to sign Comrie, Lombardi, or a 2nd tier free agent. Patrick Marleau is going to earn 7-8M this off season, and Darcy will still need to sign 1 defender to be our PP QB.

Patrick Marleau is not going to be on Buffalo's radar. He's simply out of our price range given the RFAs we are going to be trying to retain in a few years. I'll give you a hint he's 6'7 and his name rhymes with Tires...

Squanto 7/27/2010

SabresBillsFan
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:21 pm 
Power Forward

jvaccaro6 wrote:
I'll tell you right now, this deal wont be done until atleast draft day. And if it is done at all, it's going to involve Buffalo rolling the dice, and going with a youthful center, or trying to sign Comrie, Lombardi, or a 2nd tier free agent. Patrick Marleau is going to earn 7-8M this off season, and Darcy will still need to sign 1 defender to be our PP QB.

Patrick Marleau is not going to be on Buffalo's radar. He's simply out of our price range given the RFAs we are going to be trying to retain in a few years. I'll give you a hint he's 6'7 and his name rhymes with Tires...

I don't expect Buffalo to go after Marleau as he's way too much money for Darcy to handle. I wouldn't mind Darcy looking at up and coming prospects from other teams and try filling the void that way like he did years ago with Briere, and Dumont.

Ennis ,Gerbe= Future
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:39 pm 
Rink Rat

jvaccaro6 wrote:

Thanks for the Info.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next