All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

GoSabres29
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:41 pm 
Garbage Man

all via twitter:

First Lebrun said:
Leafs source on trade talks: "Things are heating up"

Darren Dreger:
"Offers remain for Kaberle and it's expected they'll improve tonight, but Leafs source says there is no deal imminent at this stage."

Lebrun:
"Burke just met with media. Said he's got "four concrete offers" for Kaberle and expects two more tonight. But added, "nothing imminent" yet"

retweeted by Spectors hockey:
"BBurke on Kaberle talks: Four firm offers, two more coming, expressions of interest in the double digits, nothing that interests him so far."

Lebrun:
"I believe Buffalo and LA to be among the many teams with some interest in Kaberle..."

also...
http://www.wgr550.com/Regier-Pleads-the ... le/7547175

Do you guys think it will happen? Do you want it to happen.
I'm really neutral on it because I think Myers is our PP QB next year. He had more goals and almost as many assists as Kaberle as a rookie.
Kaberle had 7 goals and 49 points, and Myers had 11 goal 48 points. We need a tough defensive defenseman. I say whatever happens happens.
I'll use the Neutral smiley... :| :| :| :| :|

dr.K
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:55 pm 
Late-Round Gem

thats sad no pressure to move connolly or roy. what a stupid fuck. but connolly did do well in season but shit the bed for the playoffs.

It's sad that as long as Quinn is in charge Regier will be here, and as long as Regier is here Ruff is here. Say hello to more years of mediocrity Buffalo. However it is urged that you don't accept it.

RIP K.E.G. 3-16-2004

Sabresfansince1980
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:14 pm 
Star Sniper

I doubt that Burke wants Connolly or even Stafford. He'd take a high draft pick, but Kaberle sucks defensively and is over paid for what he does. I don't want Kaberle regardless, and I don't think Myers will be a PP QB for a while, if ever. Myers will produce more just because he's that much of a talent and better 5-on-5. Burke is trying to over value Kaberle and get some stupid GM to overpay, but nobody will make a move until Kaberle's no trade is lifted next week.

And Dr.K, how do you know there's no pressure to move Connolly or Roy? And what makes you such a smart fuck...because you post on a fucking forum? Why don't you post a well reasoned trade or UFA signing plan for the summer, or is it that much easier to only comment from the peanut gallery where you belong?

sabresrocker56
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:48 pm 
Garbage Man

My feelings on Kaberle are mixed. He is good at offense, and can show Myers how to be a good PP QB. However, his defensive abilities are not that great and he's on a decline as far as his career goes. Let's see what happens. I'd rather we make a play for Lombardi in the FA market and move Connolly to Florida for the 15th pick and maybe see if we can't get Ballard in that deal. Then we can have Myers, who is fairly dependable in both ends and a quality center in Lombardi to replace Connolly. As for a big RW for the first line, I haven't devised that part yet in this idea of mine. That's all my own idea though. Will it happen, who knows?

Gerbacity

NYIntensity wrote:
Sabres2Sabres wrote:
If Miller and Myers were playing like they did last year, we'd probably be over 500 right now.

If I had decided to jerk off instead, I probably wouldn't be paying child support...

"Grier coming in over the line. He leaves it to Gaustad. The shot. THEY SCOOOREE!! RING UP ANOTHER ONE FOR THE GOOSE!!! HONK IF YA HEAR THE GOOSE!! 3-0 BUFFALO!"

daz28
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:56 pm 
Star Sniper

Sabresfansince1980 wrote:
I don't think Myers will be a PP QB for a while, if ever.

That's a pretty strong statement. Just saying. Imho, he will be a good PP guy. Vision is key, and he certainly has it. A decent shot? yes. Passing? Sure. Not sure why you think he is far from being a pp guy, especially considering no one else we have is worth a shit out there.

GoSabres29
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:30 am 
Garbage Man

sabresrocker56 wrote:
My feelings on Kaberle are mixed. He is good at offense, and can show Myers how to be a good PP QB. However, his defensive abilities are not that great and he's on a decline as far as his career goes. Let's see what happens. I'd rather we make a play for Lombardi in the FA market and move Connolly to Florida for the 15th pick and maybe see if we can't get Ballard in that deal. Then we can have Myers, who is fairly dependable in both ends and a quality center in Lombardi to replace Connolly. As for a big RW for the first line, I haven't devised that part yet in this idea of mine. That's all my own idea though. Will it happen, who knows?

Lombardi would be good but we're trying to get stronger down the middle. Lombardi is 6'0, and less then 200 lbs...And Connolly for the 15th overall pick?! Yeah, right! We would have to give a lot more to get that pick.

sabresrocker56
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:17 am 
Garbage Man

GoSabres29 wrote:
sabresrocker56 wrote:

Lombardi would be good but we're trying to get stronger down the middle. Lombardi is 6'0, and less then 200 lbs...And Connolly for the 15th overall pick?! Yeah, right! We would have to give a lot more to get that pick.

Not when you consider Tallon is shopping the pick willingly and has openly stated he is looking for an offensive player. Connolly still had 65 points, including that point streak that was like 16 games or something. The deal could probably use some tweaking. Throw in a prospect like Gerbe (as much as I do like him) and like our 2nd rounder for the 15th and Ballard.

Gerbacity

NYIntensity wrote:
Sabres2Sabres wrote:
If Miller and Myers were playing like they did last year, we'd probably be over 500 right now.

If I had decided to jerk off instead, I probably wouldn't be paying child support...

"Grier coming in over the line. He leaves it to Gaustad. The shot. THEY SCOOOREE!! RING UP ANOTHER ONE FOR THE GOOSE!!! HONK IF YA HEAR THE GOOSE!! 3-0 BUFFALO!"

Squanto
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:20 am 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

And Dr.K, how do you know there's no pressure to move Connolly or Roy? And what makes you such a smart fuck...because you post on a fucking forum? Why don't you post a well reasoned trade or UFA signing plan for the summer, or is it that much easier to only comment from the peanut gallery where you belong?

Dude, totally uncalled for. Knock it off.

Jim Bob
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:01 am 
Penalty Killer

Burke also said that he wants a top 6 scoring winger and it would be nice if he had size.

I wonder if Burke would be more interested in Pominville than Stafford+.....

Displaced Fan
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:17 am 
Superstar Goalie

I know Kaberle isn't the defensive piece he's made out to be and that many of you disagree with me but man getting someone like him in here is the shake up (IMO) that we need. I feel strongly that we are a great team but things have gotten stagnant with the "build from within" mentality on our defensive front. None of our guys in the pipe really excite me. Regardless if it's Kaberle or not I hope we make a splash for someone with a bigger name to help Myers because even though Tyler is our best D he's too young to lead the blue liners yet.

mechaphil
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:19 am 
Thy Horror Cosmic

(Off-topic) That last line right there is the evidence people need to see to know that Doughty is better than Myers. Doughty IS old enough to lead a defense corps and he's two months older than Myers. Fuck me, imagine if they didn't switch picks and wanted Myers over Teubert. They'd have Doughty, Myers, AND Johnson as their top three and all are under 25. Fuuuck.

HelloMyKneeGrows
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:57 am 
Garbage Man

mechaphil wrote:
(Off-topic) That last line right there is the evidence people need to see to know that Doughty is better than Myers. Doughty IS old enough to lead a defense corps and he's two months older than Myers. Fuck me, imagine if they didn't switch picks and wanted Myers over Teubert. They'd have Doughty, Myers, AND Johnson as their top three and all are under 25. Fuuuck.

That is a scaaaary D core. Obv you and I both know long-term they wouldn't be able to keep all 3 but goddamn would that be an amazing problem to have

jvaccaro6
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:14 pm 
Certifiably Hotter than ETC

Well let me tell you, if Kaberle is a Sabre, I'll be personally driving up to Toronto, and driving him back Ted Kennedy style...thats how much I do not want this guy.

Squanto 7/27/2010

SabresBillsFan
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:40 pm 
Power Forward

Whoever trades for Kaberle will probably get ripped off. I hope Buffalo isn't involved in this one!

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:42 pm 
Captain Dynasty

jvaccaro6 wrote:
Well let me tell you, if Kaberle is a Sabre, I'll be personally driving up to Toronto, and driving him back Ted Kennedy style...thats how much I do not want this guy.

I'll help you bag him and tag him into the trunk.

mechaphil
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:46 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

CriminallyVu1gar wrote:
jvaccaro6 wrote:

I'll take care of the chloroform and procure the van.

Seanothan27
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:13 pm 
Star Sniper

Does the NHL Charter mention anything about abducting another team's player? If not, I think this is what we should be aiming for...

"Let's just trap Sekera in the caverns underneath HSBC arena." -BlueandYellow

Reporter: "Steve, you guys now lead the league in defensive scoring."
Montador: "It's probably because of how good-looking we are."

MakinItLookMean
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:51 pm 
Power Forward

mechaphil wrote:
CriminallyVu1gar wrote:
jvaccaro6 wrote:

I'll take care of the chloroform and procure the van.

screw kaberle...no more pretty boys playing with their pussies on this team......

Let's Get Volchenkov ! He's a Killer !

Tyler Myers - Future captain of the Buffalo Sabres, and future Norris Trophy Winner

Manning the machine gun on the Tyler Myers Bandwagon - just in case any teams have an idea of prying him away from us (3 GM's shot already)

Connolly/Roy - 2 goals in the last 47 playoff games

Sabresfansince1980
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:49 pm 
Star Sniper

Squanto wrote:

Dude, totally uncalled for. Knock it off.

"...what a stupid fuck..."

This is what I responded to. Maybe it was uncalled for, but not totally.

SabresBillsFan
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:23 am 
Power Forward

I'm glad no-one traded for Kaberle I bet Burke's asking price for him was too much. I don't think he's worth more than a second rounder. For now this slows Burke involvement to get a pick in the first.