It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
mechaphil
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:04 am 
Thy Horror Cosmic

MakinItLookMean wrote:
mechaphil wrote:
CriminallyVu1gar wrote:
jvaccaro6 wrote:
Well let me tell you, if Kaberle is a Sabre, I'll be personally driving up to Toronto, and driving him back Ted Kennedy style...thats how much I do not want this guy.

I'll help you bag him and tag him into the trunk.

I'll take care of the chloroform and procure the van.

screw kaberle...no more pretty boys playing with their pussies on this team......

Let's Get Volchenkov ! He's a Killer !

Fuck Volchenkov. He's a dirty elbow-thrower. Zbynek Michalek blocks just as many shots, but is younger, healthier, faster, and cheaper by a far margin.

dr.K
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:04 pm 
Late-Round Gem

mechaphil wrote:
MakinItLookMean wrote:
mechaphil wrote:
CriminallyVu1gar wrote:
jvaccaro6 wrote:
Well let me tell you, if Kaberle is a Sabre, I'll be personally driving up to Toronto, and driving him back Ted Kennedy style...thats how much I do not want this guy.

screw kaberle...no more pretty boys playing with their pussies on this team......

Fuck Volchenkov. He's a dirty elbow-thrower. Zbynek Michalek blocks just as many shots, but is younger, healthier, faster, and cheaper by a far margin.

that is what i was thinking about michalek. but will he make it to free agency.

It's sad that as long as Quinn is in charge Regier will be here, and as long as Regier is here Ruff is here. Say hello to more years of mediocrity Buffalo. However it is urged that you don't accept it.

RIP K.E.G. 3-16-2004

mechaphil
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:06 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

I dunno. Maloney would be smart to snap him up for only a couple hundred thousand more if he can.

MakinItLookMean
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:59 pm 
Power Forward

mechaphil wrote:
MakinItLookMean wrote:
mechaphil wrote:
CriminallyVu1gar wrote:
jvaccaro6 wrote:

hmmm...how did i miss the fact he is a dirty player??

when ever i think of him, i think of big hits...which is what our D could use....

Tyler Myers - Future captain of the Buffalo Sabres, and future Norris Trophy Winner

Manning the machine gun on the Tyler Myers Bandwagon - just in case any teams have an idea of prying him away from us (3 GM's shot already)

Connolly/Roy - 2 goals in the last 47 playoff games

mechaphil
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:09 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

MakinItLookMean wrote:
mechaphil wrote:
MakinItLookMean wrote:
mechaphil wrote:
CriminallyVu1gar wrote:
jvaccaro6 wrote:

hmmm...how did i miss the fact he is a dirty player??

when ever i think of him, i think of big hits...which is what our D could use....

Well, he's a dirty player. He's not Jarkko Ruutu dirty or Chris Simon dirty, but he's dirty.

X-pensfan
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:26 pm 
Star Sniper

mechaphil wrote:
MakinItLookMean wrote:
mechaphil wrote:
CriminallyVu1gar wrote:
jvaccaro6 wrote:

I like a little nastiness from players once in awhile. Shows that they got a strong competitive fire.

I do like Michalek better for the money. And I promise you that he has a few cheap shots to deliver in his future.

"And I love that I have an erection that doesn't involve homeless people." Kreiger

mechaphil
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:45 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

A little nastiness is different than being a dirty player. Kaleta has a little nastiness in him. Goose has a little nastiness in him. Volchenkov is dirty. For that matter, so is Shane Doan but everyone overlooks that because the league is too busy with Doan's cock in the mouth.

Sabresfansince1980
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:12 pm 
Star Sniper

As much as I hate Ottawa, I can't ever remember Volchenkov pulling any especially dirty move against Buffalo. That slapshot to Vanek's face was pretty interesting, but almost impossible to be on purpose.

gr8daygo
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:49 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

so no word on kaberle.... i wouldn't mind him... at the right price... but with Burke involved, you can expect that price to be waaaay to high...

E X C E L L E N C E

dr.K
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:33 pm 
Late-Round Gem

I wonder the what the price would be for liles he fills a need right away, that an OFD. Liles contract would be almost done when Pysyk might be ready to step in if we go devine's path.
sorry it was confusing the way i wrote it. my question is the cost for a guy like liles.

It's sad that as long as Quinn is in charge Regier will be here, and as long as Regier is here Ruff is here. Say hello to more years of mediocrity Buffalo. However it is urged that you don't accept it.

RIP K.E.G. 3-16-2004

Last edited by dr.K on Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

mechaphil
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:22 am 
Thy Horror Cosmic

Pysyk isn't ready.

And there is a lot of Savard to Toronto talk (he waived his NMC for Toronto and Ottawa), but not in return for Kaberle, so I don't know what's going on with that.

sabresrocker56
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:23 am 
Garbage Man

mechaphil wrote:
A little nastiness is different than being a dirty player. Kaleta has a little nastiness in him. Goose has a little nastiness in him. Volchenkov is dirty. For that matter, so is Shane Doan but everyone overlooks that because the league is too busy with Doan's cock in the mouth.

I hate Doan. He seems like a great guy off the ice, but I've seen take cheap shots at our players all the time. I remember when Myers got his first assist, Doan cross checked him from behind and knocked the wind out of the poor kid. I know he was going for his head, thankfully, Myers is a giant. I remember the year before there was some scrum and Rivet and Doan started mouthing off. Rivet wanted to fight, Doan did not. Rivet got a misconduct, Doan got no penalties.

/mini-Doan rant

Gerbacity

NYIntensity wrote:
Sabres2Sabres wrote:
If Miller and Myers were playing like they did last year, we'd probably be over 500 right now.

If I had decided to jerk off instead, I probably wouldn't be paying child support...

"Grier coming in over the line. He leaves it to Gaustad. The shot. THEY SCOOOREE!! RING UP ANOTHER ONE FOR THE GOOSE!!! HONK IF YA HEAR THE GOOSE!! 3-0 BUFFALO!"

mechaphil
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:26 am 
Thy Horror Cosmic

sabresrocker56 wrote:
mechaphil wrote:

I hate Doan. He seems like a great guy off the ice, but I've seen take cheap shots at our players all the time. I remember when Myers got his first assist, Doan cross checked him from behind and knocked the wind out of the poor kid. I know he was going for his head, thankfully, Myers is a giant. I remember the year before there was some scrum and Rivet and Doan started mouthing off. Rivet wanted to fight, Doan did not. Rivet got a misconduct, Doan got no penalties.

/mini-Doan rant

What happened between Myers and Doan was actually worse. Myers dished the puck, but took the hit from one of the Coyotes and as he was going down, Doan came in with his elbow/upper arm/shoulder and hit a prone Myers hard enough in the shoulder/neck/head area to pop his helmet off. I was at that game, and the arena went silent when Myers went down to the ice without a helmet on.

sabresrocker56
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:36 am 
Garbage Man

mechaphil wrote:
sabresrocker56 wrote:
mechaphil wrote:

/mini-Doan rant

What happened between Myers and Doan was actually worse. Myers dished the puck, but took the hit from one of the Coyotes and as he was going down, Doan came in with his elbow/upper arm/shoulder and hit a prone Myers hard enough in the shoulder/neck/head area to pop his helmet off. I was at that game, and the arena went silent when Myers went down to the ice without a helmet on.

I was at the game two years ago that I described. I remember cause Max came flying over the line, got hit into the boards (not on purpose, he got knocked down and his momentum took him into the end boards). and that caused an expected disagreement. I saw Rivet go to Doan, loosen up the gloves, and then the ref stepped in and tossed Rivet while Doan skated away without a single PIM. The guy may be a great leader in Phoenix, but respect should not get in the way of the rules, which is obviously does sometimes.

Gerbacity

NYIntensity wrote:
Sabres2Sabres wrote:
If Miller and Myers were playing like they did last year, we'd probably be over 500 right now.

If I had decided to jerk off instead, I probably wouldn't be paying child support...

"Grier coming in over the line. He leaves it to Gaustad. The shot. THEY SCOOOREE!! RING UP ANOTHER ONE FOR THE GOOSE!!! HONK IF YA HEAR THE GOOSE!! 3-0 BUFFALO!"

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:46 pm 
Captain Dynasty

apparently, burke received an offer for kaberle that he said was a flat out insult. the offer was believed to be from darcy.

mechaphil
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:51 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

He may consider it an insult, sure. But he's also over-valuing Kaberle to incredulous heights.

Still, I wouldn't be surprised if it's the first time an offer from Darcy was considered an insult haha.

Squanto
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:53 pm 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
the offer was believed to be from darcy.

Yay for more unsubstantiated anti-Darcy bullshit.

Everytime someone says a lowball offer was on the table, it's credited to Darcy.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:59 pm 
Captain Dynasty

dont hate me, tom. im just posting what i heard. i am not on the anti-darcy bandwagon. i think hes a fine GM.

Squanto
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:01 pm 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

Not hatin on you Mike. Hatin on the fact that Darcy gets accused of this all the time, and it's all bullshit.

He's not the greatest GM in the world, but all these nonsense rumors are just stupid. He doesn't deserve that.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:06 pm 
Captain Dynasty

ok, i just wanted to set the record straight. i was just posting what i read, it was from a toronto paper.

and, i read it wrong, so this is partly my fault. apparently, burke was low balled. but it didnt name darcy, someone else did. thats my bad, and ill own up to it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next