It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

SabreWolf
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:54 am 
Textbook Grinder

Burke didn't even do that much in Anaheim, he had much of the team already.

SabreWolf
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:50 pm 
Textbook Grinder

"Maple Leafs defenceman Tomas Kaberle would welcome a trade and reportedly won't return to Toronto when his contract ends next season as long as Ron Wilson is the coach, according to Kaberle's own father"

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=331099

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:02 pm 
Captain Dynasty

Seanothan27 wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:
Burke just wants attention. Ever notice how he says stuff and the media gobbles it up, then so many people comment on it? The guy should spend less time saying the Leafs will make the playoffs and more time making it a reality.

The relevant ship sailed away from Leaf land about 6 years ago, and Burke is doing anything in his power to stay aboard..

Anyone else think it's colossally stupid to demand a king's ransom for a guy that'll be UFA in 11 months. He's either a blowhard looking for attention, of he's fucking delusional. Either way, we'll be looking down at them again in the standings...

burke didnt build good teams by trading just to trade. he wants to win every single deal he makes. and why not? i like burke, and think hes a great GM.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:56 pm 
Cup Winner

But if you want to win every deal you make, it's hard to get some of those deals done.

He's not going to trade Kaberle this season, especially not for what he wants. If he does, then the team Kaberle goes to is retarded.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

X-pensfan
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:30 pm 
Star Sniper

Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
But if you want to win every deal you make, it's hard to get some of those deals done.

He's not going to trade Kaberle this season, especially not for what he wants. If he does, then the team Kaberle goes to is retarded.

I don't necessarily agree that they would be retarded, I mean. If you need a decent puck mover/point man and you have cap cow of a forward that you're willing to part with, why not?

"And I love that I have an erection that doesn't involve homeless people." Kreiger

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:34 pm 
Hart Winner

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
Seanothan27 wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:
Burke just wants attention. Ever notice how he says stuff and the media gobbles it up, then so many people comment on it? The guy should spend less time saying the Leafs will make the playoffs and more time making it a reality.

The relevant ship sailed away from Leaf land about 6 years ago, and Burke is doing anything in his power to stay aboard..

Anyone else think it's colossally stupid to demand a king's ransom for a guy that'll be UFA in 11 months. He's either a blowhard looking for attention, of he's fucking delusional. Either way, we'll be looking down at them again in the standings...

burke didnt build good teams by trading just to trade. he wants to win every single deal he makes. and why not? i like burke, and think hes a great GM.

I think he's an attention hogging guy who thinks his team is the greatest in all the land.

SabreWolf
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:29 pm 
Textbook Grinder

BlueandYellow wrote:
ironyisadeadscene wrote:
Seanothan27 wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:

I think he's an attention hogging guy who thinks his team is the greatest in all the land.

He basically only trades with his former team, Anaheim.

jvaccaro6
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:36 pm 
Certifiably Hotter than ETC

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
Seanothan27 wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:

I agree he's a solid GM, but I dont think he's great. Guys like Ken Holland are great. They build really well through the draft, and shrewd free agent pick ups.

Burke doesn't draft well, and tends to fall in love with certain guys (Phil Kessel for example)

I dunno, Burke and Regier are about the same GM in my eyes, although Burke likes to trade more, and Darcy drafts much better for the most part.

Sure there are exceptions, but for the most part, I put them in the same category as solid GM's but not GREAT GMs

Squanto 7/27/2010

Jim Bob
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:35 am 
Penalty Killer

I think that Burke may appeal to some Sabres fans simply because he is more active in turning over his roster and he is a good quote.

When it comes to on-ice results, Burke & Regier are close. Although, Burke does have the ring he won with the Ducks in 2007 and that is an area that has a major hole in it on Regier's resume.