It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

adambuffalo
 Post subject: trade with Boston
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:33 am 
First Rounder

With Boston needing to trim salary still, I recommend offering the following trade:
Roy, Stafford, Gerbe and a 2nd
For
Savard, Wheeler and Sturm

Boston is looking to bury Sturms contract to save money. Stafford and Wheeler have similar numbers, but I think Wheeler has more of an upside. Both are RFAs next year. I think Savard would be a better set-up guy for Vanek.

With this deal, Boston would save app $3.6m. If they wanted to take Connelly instead of Roy, I would do that also. They still save $3m and Connelly would come off the books next season.

Buffalo's top line
Vanek Savard Wheeler

mechaphil
 Post subject: Re: trade with Boston
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:45 am 
Thy Horror Cosmic

OK so where does Ennis play? Are you content making Ennis our 13th forward? Besides, taking on Sturm gives us a winger we don't need and a salary we don't want. And do you really think Roy, who is as productive as Savard without the injury issues and biting habit but costs $2M (I think) less, is really a player you wanna move? I mean, he's got better value than Connolly cuz his contract is one of the best post-lockout deals out there, and I'm pretty sure I've read in a few places that Savard is a bit of a locker-room cancer. There's also no way the Bruins would take Connolly, having a front row seat last post-season for the Tim Connolly Playoff Shitshow.

Savard isn't an upgrade over Roy, Wheeler isn't an upgrade over Stafford, and Sturm isn't an upgrade over anyone in our top six (besides, he wouldn't even have a roster spot). Would you be OK with taking on Sturm's deal only to not play him, or putting Ennis in the press box after he's effectively earned his roster spot?

Trade fail.

Also, it's Connolly. It's pathetic when fans of a hockey team can't even spell the players' surnames right. /rant

adambuffalo
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:18 pm 
First Rounder

The cap hit for Roy and Savard is the same. I don't know where the lockerroom cancer thing comes from. I think Savard would be a good addition to the lockerroom. Wheeler will be better than Stafford, plus getting rid of Staffs' ho-hum attitude would benefit the team as well. Putting Sturm on the 3rd line with Hecht could be very productive. Besides, having his $3.5 and Connolly's $4.5 coming off the cap next year would be beneficial. We would be able to try to move someone such as Goose in this scenerio. Here's what the lines could look like:

Vanek Savard Wheeler
Kennedy Connolly Pommers
Sturm Hecht Griere
Ennis Nieds Kaleta
McCormick

sabresrocker56
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:23 pm 
Garbage Man

adambuffalo wrote:
The cap hit for Roy and Savard is the same. I don't know where the lockerroom cancer thing comes from. I think Savard would be a good addition to the lockerroom. Wheeler will be better than Stafford, plus getting rid of Staffs' ho-hum attitude would benefit the team as well. Putting Sturm on the 3rd line with Hecht could be very productive. Besides, having his $3.5 and Connolly's $4.5 coming off the cap next year would be beneficial. We would be able to try to move someone such as Goose in this scenerio. Here's what the lines could look like:

Vanek Savard Wheeler
Kennedy Connolly Pommers
Sturm Hecht Griere
Ennis Nieds Kaleta
McCormick

I don't like that plan at all. Roy and Vanek have chemistry with each other. Besides that, Ennis is not a 4th line player by any means. Conversely, Kennedy is not quite a 2nd line player. I think you're also disregarding the Hecht-Connolly-Pominville line that was very effective towards the end of last of season. As for Stafford, I would like to see him moved, but if it involves picking up a player one could argue is worse off than Connolly injury wise (Sturm) and Savard with his recent concussion issues. Roy is much more durable than Savard.

Gerbacity

NYIntensity wrote:
Sabres2Sabres wrote:
If Miller and Myers were playing like they did last year, we'd probably be over 500 right now.

If I had decided to jerk off instead, I probably wouldn't be paying child support...

"Grier coming in over the line. He leaves it to Gaustad. The shot. THEY SCOOOREE!! RING UP ANOTHER ONE FOR THE GOOSE!!! HONK IF YA HEAR THE GOOSE!! 3-0 BUFFALO!"

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:12 pm 
Captain Dynasty

Grier.

Gasoline
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:57 pm 
7th Defenseman

Wow, this kid is retarded.

Van_Da_Man
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:24 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Gasoline wrote:
Wow, this kid is retarded.

:shifty: ???

"I'm going to go to the spa and have a hot tub and massage and relax," Miller said. "That's it, and it's back to work tomorrow." Ryan Miller after clinching the North East division.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:28 pm 
Hart Winner

Why are people getting pissed off and want to kill him? He posted an idea no need to fucking lynch him.

Sabresfansince1980
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:23 pm 
Star Sniper

I think the trade is bad, but I didn't want to comment since he has one of the best avatar's. Strange Brew is one of the all time classics.

Van_Da_Man
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:42 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

BlueandYellow wrote:
Why are people getting pissed off and want to kill him? He posted an idea no need to fucking lynch him.

BURN THE WITCH!!!

"I'm going to go to the spa and have a hot tub and massage and relax," Miller said. "That's it, and it's back to work tomorrow." Ryan Miller after clinching the North East division.

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:54 pm 
Captain Dynasty

BlueandYellow wrote:

he spelled grier wrong...

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:56 pm 
Hart Winner

CriminallyVu1gar wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:

he spelled grier wrong...

:o

Van_Da_Man
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:01 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Ouch... Danny Griere hasn't even been on the team for years... ;)

schooner44
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:09 am 
First Rounder

Sabresfansince1980 wrote:
I think the trade is bad, but I didn't want to comment since he has one of the best avatar's. Strange Brew is one of the all time classics.

One of? It IS the best classic of all time.

Back to topic though, Savard is the same damn player as Roy but Savard's contract goes 4 years longer than Roy's does. That alone makes him unattractive.

slesh
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:37 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Buffalo should move Connolly and Stafford to San Jose for Clowe then move Sekeraj, 2nd and 3rd/4th rd draft picks for Savard.

Lines:
Ennis-Roy-Vanek
Clowe-Savard-Pomminville