It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

SabreJunkieOD
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:10 pm 
Rink Rat

What would be the absolute minimum that you would trade some Sabres for?

For example, I would trade Connolly for a 2nd round pick and maybe a minor player. I certainly don't think he's worth more than that.

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:30 pm 
Captain Dynasty

SabreJunkieOD wrote:
What would be the absolute minimum that you would trade some Sabres for?

For example, I would trade Connolly for a 2nd round pick and maybe a minor player. I certainly don't think he's worth more than that.

Not to pick on you, but wouldn't that be the maximum you would trade him for since it's his ceiling value?

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:37 pm 
Hart Winner

SJ blooper!

TheBlackDahliaMurder
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:46 pm 
Career AHL'er

Connolly for a 2nd and a prospect? Where do I sign up?

Rud
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:55 pm 
Superstar Goalie

Cody McCormick and a seventh round pick for Sidney Crosby.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:03 pm 
Hart Winner

Rud wrote:
Cody McCormick and a seventh round pick for Sidney Crosby.

McCormick is hot.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:03 pm 
Hart Winner

According to Goose...

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:07 pm 
Captain Dynasty

hottest player in the NHL...in three minutes.

I listened to that at least 4 times, lol.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:13 pm 
Hart Winner

Miller thought it was necessary to announce it publicly, it should be announced as such, sayeth Jesus.

Sabretooth
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:10 am 
Garbage Man

We need to set a maximum of what we can trade to get what we need without overpaying.

-Roster player
-Third or fourth round pick
-Minor league player

NYIntensity
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:46 am 
Superstar Goalie

If it would make the team better, I'd trade Miller.

NYIntensity
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:46 am 
Superstar Goalie

Miller for Ovechkin, straight up.

burner087
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:19 am 
Brawler

With Connolly's health issues in the past and his pending free agency, do you all think we could even get a 2nd rounder for him?

sabresEH
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:06 pm 
Garbage Man

burner087 wrote:
With Connolly's health issues in the past and his pending free agency, do you all think we could even get a 2nd rounder for him?

If Dominic Moore can fetch a 2nd as a rental then I think if Connolly is playing well at the time, he can fetch us that if not more.

Eh

X-pensfan
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:42 pm 
Star Sniper

I'll repost it again:

Malkin to Buffalo

Vanek, Kassian, Ennis, a second round draft pick and a 1st round draft pick to Pittsburgh.

Pens get a natural sniper to play with Sid, and ensure that he will resign. They get their entire future restocked and ensure that they wont lose Malkin to UFA in a couple more years. Vanek, would likely resign to Pittsburgh for less than what he makes now.

What would be a catastrophic loss of talent and youth for most franchises, would be restocked in a couple of years due to Buffalo's keen eye for talent and player development. But most importantly, they will eventually win their first Cup. Malkin is a Conn Smythe winner, he has game breaking one on one talent, and he's all heart.

"And I love that I have an erection that doesn't involve homeless people." Kreiger

gr8daygo
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:59 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

X-pensfan wrote:
I'll repost it again:

Malkin to Buffalo

Vanek, Kassian, Ennis, a second round draft pick and a 1st round draft pick to Pittsburgh.

Pens get a natural sniper to play with Sid, and ensure that he will resign. They get their entire future restocked and ensure that they wont lose Malkin to UFA in a couple more years. Vanek, would likely resign to Pittsburgh for less than what he makes now.

What would be a catastrophic loss of talent and youth for most franchises, would be restocked in a couple of years due to Buffalo's keen eye for talent and player development. But most importantly, they will eventually win their first Cup. Malkin is a Conn Smythe winner, he has game breaking one on one talent, and he's all heart.

agree that Malkin is simply the man... but that seems to be a steep price tag... not saying it would be cheap to grab the big man... but.... thats a lot of talent to give up... and i honestly have no clue on hockey trade values... you'd be looking at two top six F, a promising prospect a first and a second... and you still have timmy coming up on contract, keep gerbe in the line up... id still love the big man though, he needs his own team...

E X C E L L E N C E

X-pensfan
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:09 pm 
Star Sniper

gr8daygo wrote:
X-pensfan wrote:
I'll repost it again:

Malkin to Buffalo

agree that Malkin is simply the man... but that seems to be a steep price tag... not saying it would be cheap to grab the big man... but.... thats a lot of talent to give up... and i honestly have no clue on hockey trade values... you'd be looking at two top six F, a promising prospect a first and a second... and you still have timmy coming up on contract, keep gerbe in the line up... id still love the big man though, he needs his own team...

The penguins would get considerably less for Malkin if they moved him during his contract year in 2012 I believe. But to ask them to part ways now would take considerably more. It breaks my heart to add Kassian into the deal, but I think he would be a must have in return.

I think the fans in Buffalo would appreciate him more then Pens fans. I've seen what he can do when he puts the entire team on his shoulders, it's flat out scary.

The Penguins keep bouncing him from wing to center and with the exception of Crosby he hasn't played with anybody any good since the Geno/Bugsy/Sykora line. And now he's the point man on the power play (and really good at it) but he wants to be and SHOULD be running it on the half boards. He never says anything whiny so there's no way to know if he minds being in Crosby's shadow, but there can be no denying that he cranks up his game when Sid is out of the lineup. Surround him with some of the talent that shuffles through the Sabres organization and he might win 3 or Art Ross trophies before the dust settles.

"And I love that I have an erection that doesn't involve homeless people." Kreiger