It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

gr8daygo
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:00 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
Basically, I'd tell them I want Malkin from your team and I am giving you Vanek for him, anyone else on this team outside of Myers who would you want?

That is what I would do.

I would so do a 3 for one trade for Malkin.

Vanek a pick, and possibly another winger. The only thing it leaves us with is a plethora of Centers, Ennis, Roy, Connolly, Malkin, Gaustad, Niedermayer.

I know Ennis hasn't been playing Center at all, but it's his natural position.

But yes, I'd do anything to get Malkin. a 6'4 200 pound monster of a scorer, and would thrive under his own team.

you take miller off the table as well... as for centers... connolly is on the last year isn't he? neids is on one year as well.... and isn't ennis basically playing wing anyways?

Would allow, down the middle....

Malkin
Roy
Connolly, till trade deadline ... then Neids/Goose... than Adam next year, maybe
Goose/Neids and Goose for next season

E X C E L L E N C E

gr8daygo
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:02 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Rutledge222 wrote:
Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
Basically, I'd tell them I want Malkin from your team and I am giving you Vanek for him, anyone else on this team outside of Myers who would you want?

That is what I would do.

Vanek a pick, and possibly another winger. The only thing it leaves us with is a plethora of Centers, Ennis, Roy, Connolly, Malkin, Gaustad, Niedermayer.

But yes, I'd do anything to get Malkin. a 6'4 200 pound monster of a scorer, and would thrive under his own team.

you would be willing to part with Miller as well?

Id say Miller, Myers, Ennis, Adam, are totally off the table....

E X C E L L E N C E

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:08 pm 
Cup Winner

Rutledge222 wrote:
Skyline_BNR34 wrote:

That is what I would do.

you would be willing to part with Miller as well?

I was thinking no need to even mention Miller's name because Pittsburgh has Fluery, all be it very inconsistent this year, he is their goalie. So Miller wouldn't ever get thrown around that discussion.

But I do agree with Ennis, Adam, and Myers are off limits. Even Kassian would be off limits to me, but you want anyone else with Vanek ask, max I'd go would be a 3 for 1, possibly 2 NHL players and a pick for Malkin, no number one pick, but a second round for sure.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

X-pensfan
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:08 pm 
Star Sniper

slesh wrote:
X-pensfan wrote:
gr8daygo wrote:
X-pensfan wrote:
gr8daygo wrote:
X-pensfan wrote:
Aim for the top. Get Geno Malkin here.

Believe me, I live in Pitt... Ive seen Geno play plenty... I ABSOLUTELY love the big man... but what would it really take? The Pens certainly have the depth at C... but I fear it would cost to much, but i would love to see him in blue and gold...

A lot. Vanek+Kassian+Ennis+a couple of draft picks. Maybe a little bit less than that.

He's only like 22 or 23 still. It's not like you are dumping the entire future for Yashin. He's going to be an elite NHL player for a long, long time.

What is pittsburgh in most need of? C, RW, LW, D? Probably a winger to keep up with Sid?

The Penguins need a skilled guy in front of the net. A righty shot scoring threat. And a legitimate all-star caliber winger who actually prefers to play wing.

Vanek, Vanek, and Vanek.

And, the Penguins are absolute shit when it comes to drafting and developing NHL skilled forwards, and the Sabres suck at losing all of their dignity and tanking for top 2 overall picks. So, the Sabres get a top 2 overall pick in Malkin, and the Penguins get their future of skilled forwards already successfully drafted for them.

I am seriously liking this thought process Xpens.
Let me ask you, given the savings Pitt would get along with the Vanek contract, would they be open to adding from each side. Say a 2 player per team swap?

The reason I ask is, if a Vanek for Malkin swap is interesting, if Buffalo added another winger, say Stafford and a center to replace Malkin, say Connolly, along with Vanek, would Pittsburg entertain giving up lets say,
Alex Goligoski? A good D partner for Myers? Or is there other talent on the team that we can make a multi player trade for?

Just curious.

I think Goligoski is off the table, they would need him to work the point on the power play more than ever with Malkin gone.

They already have a second line center in Jordan Staal, and if they didn't want him as their long term second line center they would have moved him to wing instead of Geno. They want and NEED wingers, now and for years to come. Crosby can't be happy playing with the likes of Armstrong, Kunitz, Dupuis, and Guerin for the vast majority of his young career. I'm not a mind reader, but my thinking is that he wants to run away with scoring titles, not play out of his mind to finish second every year.

They Penguins will trade Malkin, it might not happen this season or even next season but some day it's going to happen. IF they chose to trade him now his value would be at it's peak and the Penguins would have all of the leverage. Which means, the GM that deals with Ray Shero will be doing a lot of the listening and not much talking. It would be one of those epic mega-deals that is associated with a GM for the rest of his career and beyond.

"And I love that I have an erection that doesn't involve homeless people." Kreiger

burner087
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:28 am 
Brawler

What about Getzlaf? Anahiem is probably open to many trades.

Timbo Slice
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:41 am 
Franchise Defenseman

You really think Malkin is a possibility?

Though with the Staal injury, there's no way they trade Malkin right now.

Sabretooth
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:47 am 
Garbage Man

We need to develop a puck moving defenseman in our system, not acquire one.

We need playmakers and scorers at center and right wing, preferibly someone that can play with Vanek.

Either Sekera, Butler, or Weber will depart us this season.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:11 pm 
Hart Winner

We need OFFENSE. Plain as day. We have been shutout twice so far. Once to RAYCROFT.

gr8daygo
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:36 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

BlueandYellow wrote:
We need OFFENSE. Plain as day. We have been shutout twice so far. Once to RAYCROFT.

true, but i still think some of the offense is being miss used... Ennis and Gerbe in the bottom six is poor use of their scoring talents... Ennis was playing with Roy and Vanek in the play-offs wasn't he... and didn't he look amazing? Ennis needs to be in the top 6... same with Gerbe....

again, i am no hockey savant in any way... there are MANY MANY better hockey people than me on this board alone... but its my thought... the team is a bit flawed by where some players are being used...

E X C E L L E N C E

X-pensfan
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:14 pm 
Star Sniper

gr8daygo wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:

true, but i still think some of the offense is being miss used... Ennis and Gerbe in the bottom six is poor use of their scoring talents... Ennis was playing with Roy and Vanek in the play-offs wasn't he... and didn't he look amazing? Ennis needs to be in the top 6... same with Gerbe....

again, i am no hockey savant in any way... there are MANY MANY better hockey people than me on this board alone... but its my thought... the team is a bit flawed by where some players are being used...

When you own the 2nd worst record in a 30 team league, change is good.

I think Ruff has done good by giving Vanek/Roy/Stafford a good long look. And I think that he has found excellent rookie niche rolls for Gerbe and Ennis, allowing them free range to use their creativity with less regard for defense and physical positioning along the boards and in front of the net. I think he has made excellent decisions with the defense pairings.

I don't think they had a great training camp, and I don't think the team chemistry is tight.

The end result is that the team has played pretty good most of the time, and pretty good was enough to eeck out the wins when your goalie is playing at an unearthly level of excellence. But pretty good in the NHL with average goal-tending will find you missing the playoffs.

"And I love that I have an erection that doesn't involve homeless people." Kreiger

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:57 am 
Cup Winner

Timbo Slice wrote:
You really think Malkin is a possibility?

Though with the Staal injury, there's no way they trade Malkin right now.

He really would be a possibility, Gretzky got traded so Malkin can too, and everyone knows It is Crosby's team. Malkin for Vanek and another winger would probably do it. Vanek is a number one left winger in this league and with Crosby could be what we wanted him to be right now.

But with Staal back out, I don't think he would even consider moving Malkin yet. Honestly, I'd love Malkin here, we would be sooooooo much more dangerous with him in our lineup.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

Sabretooth
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:22 am 
Garbage Man

gr8daygo wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:

Ennis will be top six soon, likely replacing a scoreless Stafford if that prolongs itself.

Many of us should not doubt those who do not score will find themselves on non-scoring lines.

The Rev
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:33 pm 
Emergency Call-Up

First of all, I wanna talk about players I do know. I was always wondering why Darcy didn't try to snap Kotalik one more time (this season). It's pretty obvious that Sabres don't have many PP snipers and he's also very good at shootout.
He played for White Tigers Liberec (team I also root for and city where I live)->that's the reason I know him well.
btw. If it bothers you, I'll be sorry for my English :)

mechaphil
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:34 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

Your English is fine, dude. Don't worry at all.

daz28
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:30 pm 
Star Sniper

Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
Gretzky got traded so Malkin can too

Gretzky traded himself. No way in a gazillion years Edmonton would have ever gave him up willingly.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:11 pm 
Hart Winner

I would be willing to part with Miller. If we get a decent goalie and a goalscorer out of it. I would trade Miller and a 2nd to Philly for Carter and that Broflofski or what ever his name is. We get a decent net minder, Philly gets that franchise goaltender they've wanted since Hextall, and a 2nd rounder... Of course, this would just be an example. I do LOVE Miller, but I really can't let that get in the way of what the team really needs.