It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

gr8daygo
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:47 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Timbo Slice wrote:
gr8daygo wrote:
Timbo Slice wrote:
It will take much more than that for Weiss, believe me. Adam + 1st, if not more.

If we can get a 1st for Timmy, then hell yeah. He probably won't get that return, but I still wouldn't mind dealing him and bringing up Adam, as long as we also make a deal for #2B/#3 Center.

Yeah, I have no idea on player value... I understand X-pens point, he's just making a reference to Darcy fleecing the Panthers... My guess is if Weiss is a solid 1/2 C he will garner more than a pick and prospect... pick/player/and maybe even prospect...

as for Timmy... some believe based on Versteg (spelling) and Mr. Underwood's deals that Timmy would go for a first... I can buy into that thinking...

That's true. Weiss probably would take a roster player, too.

I can't really buy into that. Versteeg is very young, and very talented, and he's already scored over 50 points in a season. Maybe a desperate, contending team would, since their 1st will be a late pick anyway, though.

The Pens come to mind... talk about C/injury issues... I'll take their first...

E X C E L L E N C E

gr8daygo
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:50 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

CriminallyVu1gar wrote:
gr8daygo wrote:
CriminallyVu1gar wrote:
I would see about trading Roy and picks/prospects to Ottawa for Spezza.

Spezza - NTC - only 27 - 7 mill per - through 13/14... I like the long term solution... 7mill should be doable. Great size... would be a great addition! Even if we have to give up Roy....

Can Roy be traded do to injury?

Would the Sens move him?

Also, what do you do at number 2 C? If you move Timmy and/or for next season...

I think with Spezza as the top center, you can afford a bit of a downgrade for the second line center. I would look at Colin Wilson from Nashville. 13g, 25a so far this season I think. He's 6-1, 219 pounds, and he's only 21 years old.

I think it's extremely unlikely that Spezza be moved, but I think it could happen at the right price. In that deal they'd get Roy, same age, a slight downgrade in production, a big cost break in salary and whatever else we'd include.

Roy, first and a prospect not named ZAK, Foligno (spelling)... and I think I wanna keep Adam...

Would you consider sending Gerbe? not that they would want 'em....lol

E X C E L L E N C E

Timbo Slice
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:53 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

gr8daygo wrote:
Timbo Slice wrote:
gr8daygo wrote:
Timbo Slice wrote:
It will take much more than that for Weiss, believe me. Adam + 1st, if not more.

If we can get a 1st for Timmy, then hell yeah. He probably won't get that return, but I still wouldn't mind dealing him and bringing up Adam, as long as we also make a deal for #2B/#3 Center.

Yeah, I have no idea on player value... I understand X-pens point, he's just making a reference to Darcy fleecing the Panthers... My guess is if Weiss is a solid 1/2 C he will garner more than a pick and prospect... pick/player/and maybe even prospect...

as for Timmy... some believe based on Versteg (spelling) and Mr. Underwood's deals that Timmy would go for a first... I can buy into that thinking...

I can't really buy into that. Versteeg is very young, and very talented, and he's already scored over 50 points in a season. Maybe a desperate, contending team would, since their 1st will be a late pick anyway, though.

True. I would say that since that since Shero is such a good GM, they would be too smart to take Connolly... but they traded for Ponikarovsky and Leopold the last couple years as rentals, and those weren't exactly great pickups. I can see it.

Timbo Slice
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:58 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Why is Spezza being speculated about? The Sens are building around him, not trading him away. It's unrealistic. Plus, even if he was on the block, what we would have to give up (Roy+Adam/Kassian/Ennis/a combination of 2 of them + 1st) wouldn't be near worth it.

gr8daygo
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:58 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Timbo Slice wrote:
gr8daygo wrote:
Timbo Slice wrote:
gr8daygo wrote:
Timbo Slice wrote:

True. I would say that since that since Shero is such a good GM, they would be too smart to take Connolly... but they traded for Ponikarovsky and Leopold the last couple years as rentals, and those weren't exactly great pickups. I can see it.

Wonder if they have any prospects that maybe worth looking at... where is xpens... whatta think .... Timmy to the Pens for a prospect... any prospect worth it....

E X C E L L E N C E

Timbo Slice
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:18 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

gr8daygo wrote:
Timbo Slice wrote:
gr8daygo wrote:
Timbo Slice wrote:
gr8daygo wrote:
Timbo Slice wrote:

Wonder if they have any prospects that maybe worth looking at... where is xpens... whatta think .... Timmy to the Pens for a prospect... any prospect worth it....

I highly doubt they'd give up Jeffrey for Timmy, but I'd love to pry him away from them.

gr8daygo
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:29 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Quote:
I highly doubt they'd give up Jeffrey for Timmy, but I'd love to pry him away from them.

yeah that kid has looked decent... doubt they would let him go... they are stacked on the blue line... wonder if there are any d prospects worth it....

E X C E L L E N C E

Timbo Slice
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:57 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

gr8daygo wrote:
Quote:

yeah that kid has looked decent... doubt they would let him go... they are stacked on the blue line... wonder if there are any d prospects worth it....

I don't know if trading him for a defenseman would be worth it. I'd rather get picks, if we can't get a center back.

gr8daygo
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:00 am 
Franchise Defenseman

Timbo Slice wrote:
gr8daygo wrote:
Quote:

I don't know if trading him for a defenseman would be worth it. I'd rather get picks, if we can't get a center back.

very valid point... back to the Pens first for Timmy...lol....

E X C E L L E N C E

Sabretooth
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:32 am 
Garbage Man

The Sabres need a point producing playmaking first line center.

Roy comes the closest to being that player, but he is a second line center at best who is out for awhile.

Connolly could have been that player, but his tenure with Buffalo is mixed. He could score some seasons, and was injured in others. His play this year has been far from spectacular.

The answer we need is Florida's Stephen Weiss. I would not mind trading away Gerbe, Butler, and a first round pick to get him. If he is the player we need, we better get him while we have the chance; otherwise, it will be a repeat of Nathan Horton who we missed out on.

burner087
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:13 am 
Brawler

I hear a lot about how Florida is clueless etc. But are they still with Dale Tallon in charge? The guy built the Hawks Championship team for all intents. I would think this guy may be a bit smarter than previous GM's.

Last edited by burner087 on Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sabretooth
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:21 am 
Garbage Man

Tallon is a smart general manager who is going to fill a team of his own draftees with one or two veterans to mentor the youngsters. I have great faith he will do a good job righting the ship down there.

gr8daygo
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:27 am 
Franchise Defenseman

Sabretooth wrote:
Tallon is a smart general manager who is going to fill a team of his own draftees with one or two veterans to mentor the youngsters. I have great faith he will do a good job righting the ship down there.

But will he allow Darcy to take advantage of him for Weiss?.... :lol:

E X C E L L E N C E

Sabretooth
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:34 am 
Garbage Man

The Panthers need draft picks more than we do.

gr8daygo
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:36 am 
Franchise Defenseman

Sabretooth wrote:
The Panthers need draft picks more than we do.

Id be willing to give a lil for Weiss... hope Darcy can get something done... Would like to see this team fixed down the middle.... or at least on its way to being fixed... could take a couple deadlines and off season to really right the ship...

E X C E L L E N C E

Sabretooth
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:37 am 
Garbage Man

I do not know how the upcoming draft pool is looking. If it looks bad, we will be in good shape to let out prospects get better.

Nuthatch
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:11 am 
Penalty Killer

I was reading that Weiss wants to stay in Florida. He has gone so far as to say that he'd like to spend his entire career there. Is this a guy who would do well in Buffalo? I understand that he's a professional hockey player, but he's also a human being...
:think:

Sabretooth
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:25 am 
Garbage Man

Jay Bowmeester and Nathan Horton said they wanted to spend their careers with Florida as well. Look where they are at now.

A player would like to stay with the team where he began, but he will go where he can win the Stanley Cup.

If we cannot get Weiss, we should go after Chicago's Bollard.

gr8daygo
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:38 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Time to bump this back up.... Its the Center question... We know, per WGR, that Timmy probably isn't going any where... thats fine, we have zero depth at C... so what the hell... he walks for nothing so be it... doesn't bother me one way or another...

We know, per interviews by Terry, that he doesn't really want to be in the rental business... If moves are going to be made, they will be made with the long term in mind...

We know, while rumors abound on guys like Richards, Stansty (sp), Weiss... they will either be asking way to much or simply wont be moved...

Lets work down the list.... We still need at least 1 (ONE) center... we need help there and Im happy even looking at a strong 2/3 guy... SO.... we know there are really no up coming UFA worth a long term look ...

Who are the 2/3 Centers that maybe be traded... is there a #3 C buried on a roster that could be a solid #2C.... are there any prospects that could make a solid #2C....

If a #1C will simply cost to much... Who might be a #2/#3 guy or a guy that needs a change of scenery... Who would flourish in a Ruff system that may not look as good on another team...

E X C E L L E N C E

daz28
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:54 pm 
Star Sniper

Ideally for next year we have Richards-Roy-Connolly-Cody. Ya, I'll defend Timmy for a cheap price, and a reduced role. It'll give him ample time to work on draws. lol; and I'll take 5 Cody's for the cost of 1 Geese anyday. Richards 7.5; Derek 4.0; Timmy 2.5; Cody 800k. Works for me.

Totally unrelated, but we have to lose Hecht, even if we give something in a dump move/waiver move. It may have to wait till off-season, but it's gotta be done.