It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

X-pensfan
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:04 pm 
Star Sniper

The solution is something we haven't discussed, but we certainly will once it's revealed to us. The Sabres have top men working on it right now.

Who?

Top. Men.

"And I love that I have an erection that doesn't involve homeless people." Kreiger

Sabresfansince1980
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:06 pm 
Star Sniper

I won't guess at who could be traded for because the possibilities are endless. Instead here's some of the 2nd tier UFA centers in the summer...

Michal Handzus
Jason Arnott
Jeff Halpern

That's about it, and I dug deep. There are some natural LWs that could possibly play center, like...

Ponikarovsky
Fleischmann
Samsonov
Jussi Jokinen
Higgins

That's not much to choose from. The best bet is through trade, and then maybe Connolly could re-sign at around 2 mil per as a 3rd line C (just to keep dreaming).

gr8daygo
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:07 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

daz28 wrote:
Ideally for next year we have Richards-Roy-Connolly-Cody. Ya, I'll defend Timmy for a cheap price, and a reduced role. It'll give him ample time to work on draws. lol; and I'll take 5 Cody's for the cost of 1 Geese anyday. Richards 7.5; Derek 4.0; Timmy 2.5; Cody 800k. Works for me.

Totally unrelated, but we have to lose Hecht, even if we give something in a dump move/waiver move. It may have to wait till off-season, but it's gotta be done.

Don't think I like Richards... good player but he is going to want more than 7.5 and he has concussion issues.... and no way is Timmy a #3 C... your #3 has to be more gritty, more two-way... timmy is not a #3 C... just my thoughts...

as for ze german... you maybe right... should upgrade there... I would like to see another solid #2C brought in and the wings built up around them....

E X C E L L E N C E

Sabresfansince1980
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:08 pm 
Star Sniper

"Top. Men."

You're gonna have to attach a pic, because this young crowd won't get it.

Connolly is responsible in the d-zone, he'd be fine there. Roy lit it up as a small fancy pants 3rd C in 06-07. Hecht is overpaid, but he would fill a 3rd line LW spot to the T. We're not going to be able to trade him with a 3.5 mil cap hit anyway.

Last edited by Sabresfansince1980 on Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gr8daygo
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:10 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Sabresfansince1980 wrote:
I won't guess at who could be traded for because the possibilities are endless. Instead here's some of the 2nd tier UFA centers in the summer...

Michal Handzus
Jason Arnott
Jeff Halpern

That's about it, and I dug deep. There are some natural LWs that could possibly play center, like...

Ponikarovsky
Fleischmann
Samsonov
Jussi Jokinen
Higgins

That's not much to choose from. The best bet is through trade, and then maybe Connolly could re-sign at around 2 mil per as a 3rd line C (just to keep dreaming).

the UFA market is pretty weak... Who maybe ready to step up in the AHL? Any thoughts there?

E X C E L L E N C E

Sabresfansince1980
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:12 pm 
Star Sniper

Adam sorta, maybe. Not my first choice though.

daz28
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:13 pm 
Star Sniper

I wouldn't mind seeing Higgins join the Sabres or Ducks at a reasonable price(3rd, maybe a bit more).

gr8daygo
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:16 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Adam sorta, maybe. Not my first choice though.

What about AHL-ers on other teams... I think Adam will be solid in a #3 C position maybe next year, but I'd rather give him another season in portland...

E X C E L L E N C E

patkane88
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:52 pm 
Captain Clutch

I see that Rob Schremp was put on waviers and i hope the Sabres pick him up and show the useless piece of shit Niedermayer the door

Twitter @BUrbanowicz13

mechaphil
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:18 am 
Thy Horror Cosmic

Jason Arnott has said he won't waive his NTC to go to a team fighting for a spot, so Buffalo is out. He said he'd just rather take his chances with the Devils if that were the case. So he's not an option

Bruce Garrioch STILL insists the Sabres are one of the top teams in the Brad Richards race, and other reports say Richards is only going to get traded to an Eastern Conference team if it does happen.

jordano
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:19 am 
Two-Way Center

Timbo Slice wrote:
It will take much more than that for Weiss, believe me. Adam + 1st, if not more.

If we can get a 1st for Timmy, then hell yeah. He probably won't get that return, but I still wouldn't mind dealing him and bringing up Adam, as long as we also make a deal for #2B/#3 Center.

I'm gonna call you out on that one. I don't know if you've realized it but draft picks are more coveted than they were before. It's not very often you'll see a first rounder being thrown around. I think the only one that has been traded this year is for Kaberle? Would you put Weiss on the same page as Kaberle? Of course not. He has 40 points so far this year and his best total was 60. This guy should be in his prime now so this is as good as it gets. If the Sabres offer a first rounder for Weiss, that better be all. Or even if we were to give them somebody like Brennan or Mcnabb with the first rounder, then I think that would be enough. I just think you're wayyyyyy off when you said that a first round pick and Byron wouldn't be near enough.

#1 Hockey Nation.

gr8daygo
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:30 am 
Franchise Defenseman

mechaphil wrote:
Jason Arnott has said he won't waive his NTC to go to a team fighting for a spot, so Buffalo is out. He said he'd just rather take his chances with the Devils if that were the case. So he's not an option

Bruce Garrioch STILL insists the Sabres are one of the top teams in the Brad Richards race, and other reports say Richards is only going to get traded to an Eastern Conference team if it does happen.

Do you like Richards Phil? They wouldn't bring him in as a rental, from what we have been told, would want to sign him long term... Is he worth it? Can he stay healthy? I know there are not a lot of options out there and he is certainly a good player, but I just dont know if I like him...

E X C E L L E N C E

Sabresfansince1980
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:10 am 
Star Sniper

Richards is the real deal, but trading for him on the condition of a long term deal is incredibly unlikely. Richards won't pass up on his chance to hit the jackpot this summer as the far and away best UFA center. He's best left as an option for the summer, because he'll cost too much right now in players/picks for what would probably only be two months with the team.

patkane88
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:55 am 
Captain Clutch

Richards is too dam expensive, the Stars want way too much for him. They want a roster player, two first rounders and a prospect which is retarded. I could see dumb ass Brain Burke getting him though

Twitter @BUrbanowicz13

Sabresfansince1980
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:00 am 
Star Sniper

Burke is moving for Weiss, and he might get him today. Weiss is from the Toronto area and will waive his NTC to go there.

patkane88
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:01 am 
Captain Clutch

Burke is moving for Weiss, and he might get him today. Weiss is from the Toronto area and will waive his NTC to go there.

And his price is also high for a guy like Weiss who has never been to the playoffs.

Plus I wonder if Weiss is thinking clearly here, one little pointless streak and the Toronto media will base the crap out of him.

Twitter @BUrbanowicz13

X-pensfan
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:51 am 
Star Sniper

The answer to this thread question is Bradley Boyes.

"And I love that I have an erection that doesn't involve homeless people." Kreiger

gr8daygo
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:22 am 
Franchise Defenseman

X-pensfan wrote:
The answer to this thread question is Bradley Boyes.

you did not answer in the form of a question....

And I think someone brought him up... i remember hearing his name some where along the way and I am very happy with the move...

Former 40 goal scorer
Needs a Change of Scenery
Fills a glaring weakness at C... will start at RW, hopefully not for to long...
Frees Lindy up to be the juggling line master that he loves to play...
Fills a UFA spot for next year, at a cheaper price than timmy-Fairwell Mr. Timmy and/or Mr. Neids
Could be a scary assist once he starts playing C, between TV and Staff...
Only gave up a 2... which would be a player who wouldn't hit the big ice for 3/4 years...

soon it will be time to start THE off-season roster thread.... We'll list the UFA.... the RFA... and how you would change, add, and manipulate the roster ... we will wait a few weeks, lets see how our new toy plays and how the play-off push goes...

E X C E L L E N C E