It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Jammerz04
 Post subject: Who to keep?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:35 pm 
Power Forward

Which Sabres UFA's would you keep?

- Tim Connolly - I'd let him walk. Didn't show anything this year. Except his PK play in the Playoffs he was a no show
- Rob Niedermayer - let him walk. Too old
- Mike Grier - let him walk too old
- Steve Montador - let him walk others out there who could do waaaay better.
- Cody McCormick - resign the guy was a beauty this season
- Mark Parrish - who?
- Matt Ellis - I'd resign for 1 more year. You can't find hard working players like this anymore
- Patrick Lalime - Let him walk. Enroth is more than ready plus Lalemon really stinks.

Seanothan27
 Post subject: Re: Who to keep?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:43 pm 
Star Sniper

Ah, here it is

Dude, the body isn't even cold yet :lol:

-If Connolly isn't concussed and it's just a shoulder injury, I'd consider resigning him. I loved him on the pk, and defensively down the stretch. 3rd line center

- I wouldn't be terribly upset to see only one of Grier/Neids to return for one more kick at the can

- Big Mac is a total re-sign. I love his game

- Ellis and Parrish for AHL depth is fine

- Monty is gone. He had a solid regular season, but we can't keep him after what he did in this series.

- Lalime is gone. Love the guy, but Enroth is the #2 now, obviously.

"Let's just trap Sekera in the caverns underneath HSBC arena." -BlueandYellow

Reporter: "Steve, you guys now lead the league in defensive scoring."
Montador: "It's probably because of how good-looking we are."

bigC24
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:45 pm 
Two-Way Center

Jammerz04 wrote:

- Tim Connolly - I'd let him walk. Didn't show anything this year. Except his PK play in the Playoffs he was a no show
- Mark Parrish - who?
- Matt Ellis - I'd resign for 1 more year. You can't find hard working players like this anymore
- Patrick Lalime - Let him walk. Enroth is more than ready plus Lalemon really stinks.

I cannot fathom us re-signing Connolly.

Niedermayer was absolutely stellar in the playoffs, but was a ghost for the rest of the season... do you think we have enough veterans without him and Grier?

Grier, I love you to death... but please just retire as a Sabre now?

I thought Montador played lights out all season, but boy oh boy did he have a terrible playoff series.

McCormick needs to be signed immediately.

Parrish and Lalime can go buh-bye. As for Ellis? I like his effort, but he better enjoy playing in Portland if he signs with us again.

AudSabres
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:48 pm 
Superstar Goalie

Seanothan27 wrote:
Ah, here it is

Dude, the body isn't even cold yet :lol:

-If Connolly isn't concussed and it's just a shoulder injury, I'd consider resigning him. I loved him on the pk, and defensively down the stretch. 3rd line center

- I wouldn't be terribly upset to see only one of Grier/Neids to return for one more kick at the can

- Big Mac is a total re-sign. I love his game

- Ellis and Parrish for AHL depth is fine

- Monty is gone. He had a solid regular season, but we can't keep him after what he did in this series.

- Lalime is gone. Love the guy, but Enroth is the #2 now, obviously.

-Nieds for sure. I'd bring back.
-McCormick is a nor brainer for me. Sign the guy to atleast a 2 yr deal.
-Ellis, yup, Portland depth for sure.
-Monty, deal him before July 1. He's going to request too much in return. As much as I liked his play this season, say good bye.
-Connolly, see ya buddy, thanks for the ride.

He's a middling AHL player who had the good fortune of a drunk arbitrator. - The Squanto re: Tim Kennedy

Displaced Fan
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:51 pm 
Superstar Goalie

bigC24 wrote:

- Mark Parrish - who?

[/quote]
Connolly - no
Nieds was nowhere in the regular season....gone
Grier - love you but no
Monty - great season, has a place on the second third pair
McCormick - sign him, he's been full of heart and plays strong
Parrish - huh? Who?
Ellis - nope
Lalime - nice guys finish last GTFO

PatGreen
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:54 pm 
PP Quarterback

- Tim Connolly - if we get a real top line center, he'd be good at a third line center at 2-2.5
- Rob Niedermayer - keep him. no old guys and this guy was stellar down the stretch. you know, if hockey was a german word, it'd be spelled n-i-e-d-e-r-m-a-y-e-r
- Mike Grier - let him go, unfortunately. i like the guy.
- Steve Montador - we don't have enough defensive players. keep him for a 4 year contract.
- Cody McCormick - 2 years, keep him.
- Mark Parrish - gone
- Matt Ellis - gone
- Patrick Lalime - gone

Los9090
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:05 pm 
Superstar Goalie

All I can say is that I'm sure Montador is already on the phone with a real estate agent to sell his house.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:37 pm 
Cup Winner

We have plenty of defensive guys, we have 4 signed and 4 FA's.

We're keeping Sekera, Butler, Gragnani, and Weber, and Myers, Morrisonn, and Leopold are all signed.

Monty would be 8 D-men. Great depth, but we just don't have the room for D-men.

I'd resign Cody for sure and Nieds for his playoffs alone. We still need at least one old Vet like him with a Cup ring.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

PatGreen
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:48 pm 
PP Quarterback

Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
We have plenty of defensive guys, we have 4 signed and 4 FA's.

We're keeping Sekera, Butler, Gragnani, and Weber, and Myers, Morrisonn, and Leopold are all signed.

Monty would be 8 D-men. Great depth, but we just don't have the room for D-men.

you think 6 puck moving soft defensemen is legit in the NHL? butler, grags, leopold, and sekera are softer than shit. myers is eh. defensively, weber's about the only one i'd like on the ice in the last minutes of a 1 goal game, and morrisson is a waste.

as far as i'm concerned, monty/weber is a must have for a second line and for shut down. i'm not ready to give up on monty for one bad playoffs, he was decent last year.

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 pm 
Captain Dynasty

- Tim Connolly - Depends on price.

- Rob Niedermayer - Depends on price. He wasn't as bad as people made him out to be in the regular season and he was a monster in the playoffs. If we can play him on the fourth line instead of the third, he could be a bargain.

- Mike Grier - I'd let him go, unless we can keep him on as a depth player who might see 30-50 games a year if we get into injury trouble.

- Steve Montador - I'd let him go. We need another proven top tier defender, not an average one with top tier streaks.

- Cody McCormick - Depends on price, but I wouldn't mind having him on the third line.

- Matt Ellis - Since he has no problem playing in Portland and is a passable depth player I imagine we'll keep him around.

- Patrick Lalime - He's done.

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:55 pm 
Captain Dynasty

Rob Niedermayer had 5 goals and 14 assists for 19 points during the regular season. Considering his point totals were 22, 21, 16, and 16 going back four years, I'd say that's a productive season out of him. My big issue is I think we need a third line that can put in more goals than any combination of Niedermayer, Gaustad, McCormick, and Grier. Thus I'd love to have Nieds back if we can slide him down to the fourth line.

X-pensfan
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:22 am 
Star Sniper

..we got like 7 months to talk about this .....

Edit: SATW: no need to get in someones grill like this ;)

"And I love that I have an erection that doesn't involve homeless people." Kreiger

jordano
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:30 am 
Two-Way Center

Jammerz04 wrote:

- Mark Parrish - who?

Connolly: Only if he accepts a major discount. I like the idea of him being a third line centre.
Niedermayer: Playoffs were good, regular season he was a disappointment. He was too slow and showed very little effort on a nightly basis.
Grier: Should retire. Hell of a career bud.
Montador: Despite having a shitty playoffs I was never really sold on Montador in the first place. No thanks.
McCormick: Hell ya.
Parrish: I guess so.
Ellis: Yep.
Lalime: We all know that he's done in the NHL. Good career though Patty!

I know Pegula is the man and he'll do anything and everything to try and get players to come to Buffalo but I'll remain off the bandwagon on this one. I'll believe it when I see it.

#1 Hockey Nation.

shedoesntgetit
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:55 am 
Garbage Man

-let tim walk. hope he can find a contract somewhere.. might be too much a gamble for any team ..
-resign cody, and ellis.
-only resign monty if we cant get a true #1 d-man for myers to play with.
-nieds would probably retire.
-get a grier a contract on the coaching contract. he'd make one hell of a coach for the pk.
-make sure RJ wants to do one more year up in the booth.
-beg lorentz to come out of retirement for what will probably be ricks last season. :( :)
-offer sheet stamkos, or parise if they make it to 7/1 !

Sabretooth
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:05 am 
Garbage Man

Who we keep are players who showed up to play to get us into the postseason. At the same time, we send off players that have other opportunities in life to pursue.

Connolly: No

Ellis: Yes

Grier: No

Lalime: No

Montador: Yes

McCormick: Yes

Niedermayer: No

Parrish: Conditional. He completed his first year in the Sabres organization in the AHL. His presence was visible with the Pirates. If he would like to come back to the Sabres organization for a second year, maybe consider him for third line duty at the maximum.

fan4life61
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:08 am 
PP Quarterback

Monty and McCormick

monty was one of our best defenceman this year, and cody, that's self explanatory

"on the ice now for buffalo, looking for the pass, and gets it, afinogenov, couldnt get the shot away, now HE DOES, HE SCORES!!!! HOLY MACKEREL ROLE THE HIGH LIGHT FILM, MAXIM AFINOGENOV, WHAT A MOVE!!!!.... thats not fair... that was unbelievable"
-R.J. and Lorenz

burner087
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:08 am 
Brawler

- Tim Connolly - Time to cut ties and let him leave.
- Rob Niedermayer - He was great late in the season and the playoffs. But time to move on.
- Mike Grier - It has been fun. Great having this guy around. But time to retire.
- Steve Montador - Take care Steve. You were great during the season.
- Cody McCormick - Resign this guy. :)
- Mark Parrish - Cya!
- Matt Ellis - AHL depth.
- Patrick Lalime - Ryan can hire him to be his bag caddy when he comes into the rink.

BS1970
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:35 am 
Franchise Defenseman

-Fuck to the no for Connolly. Don't resign him because he sucked during the regular season, and he sucked during the playoffs when he wasn't on a 5-3 situation. The man is a womanizing piece of trash. Get him the fuck out!
Nieds - Sign him if he'll play in the AHL for the regular season, then let us call him up during the playoffs.
Grier - resign and give him limited ice time. If he wants to retire, hire his ass to the coaching squad. Just keep him in the organization somehow.
Montador - Let him walk. He may have been great during the regular season, but he's sucked in the playoffs for the last 2 seasons and that's when you need players to step it up, not get worse.
McCormick - Why would you not resign him?
Parrish - AHL depth signing
Ellis - Resign him. Helps the kids in the AHL and helps the Sabres when he's called up.
Lalime - see what burner087 said...

Image Image
We truly are not worthy of Miller!

Jammerz04
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:39 am 
Power Forward

shedoesntgetit wrote:

-offer sheet stamkos, or parise if they make it to 7/1 !

Stamkos wouldn't leave Tampa for Buffalo man. But it could happen, always a possibility.

I'd stay away from Parise, the guys vastly overrated. Unless he takes a contract of like 4 or so mill I wouldn't bite. There's always the future upside though. But right now I'd stay away.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:55 am 
Cup Winner

PatGreen wrote:
you think 6 puck moving soft defensemen is legit in the NHL? butler, grags, leopold, and sekera are softer than shit. myers is eh. defensively, weber's about the only one i'd like on the ice in the last minutes of a 1 goal game, and morrisson is a waste.

as far as i'm concerned, monty/weber is a must have for a second line and for shut down. i'm not ready to give up on monty for one bad playoffs, he was decent last year.
gragani was fine in positioning when he was here. Sekera was fine positionally and butler was moreso great defensively an the only reason he's been called out is moreso the fact some of the mistakes or turnovers was because of a whiff that led to direct goals. I sawthree or four clear saving goals from butler being defensively sound. Myers can only get better and meant. Leopold was solid in his positioning this year all year.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.