It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

YodaMage
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:03 pm 
Late-Round Gem

To ANA: Miller, Hecht, Leopold
To BUF: Koivu, Hiller, Lydman and Maroon

ANA is an aging team and has goal tending like Philly. That said, they have cap room and contracts expiring. In addition, Miller is bound to at some point become impatient..and his fiance is already on the left coast. We are at least a few years away. Hiller is a salary cap trade off and insurance for Enroth. IMHO Enroth has earned a shot at the job and is cap friendly for some years to come. Hecht is just a bad contract and Miller is the bait to get rid of it. I don't think Leopolds game is not eastern conference friendly and he is just too soft to play here....that said Lydman is tough as nails and a great leader who knows the system and works well in it. Koivu only has a few years left...but he adds a leader to the team and depth at Center the teams biggest weakness. His contract is both friendly in terms of cash as well as term. Maroon is a huge body and a great prospect to balance out the Gerbe and Ennis's of the world.

I save about 3.5 against the cap in this move as well. Connolly...GONE. Now I save 8M against the cap. Grier and Neidermayer, gone. 10.7 Saved. Ellis, Butler, Lalime and Rivet off the books...5.3 more or 16M total. Montador gone, 17.5M.

I keep and sign Stafford (but only short term...if not, bye), Gerbe, McCormick, Mancari, Sekera, Weber, Grags, Enroth. this is about a 4.5M give back. So now I'm 13M free. Roster looks like:

C: Koivu, Roy, Gaustad
LW: Ennis, Gerbe, Vanek, McCormick (He is going to have to flip..)
RW: Boyes, Pominville, Stafford, Kaleta
W:Mancari
D: Myers, Lydman, Grags, Weber, Sekera, Morrisonn
G: Enroth, Hiller

I still need a C and some depth at D. My Depth at D? A guy like Andy Greene allowing guys like Brennen to continue to develop in Portland. I think 1.2 lands him without issue. You can make a real run at Brad Richards at this point. He said at one point he'd welcome a trade to Toronto...so here's not against the region and coming east again. If you get serious...he is here for 9M over 5 years or 6 years. And under this, I can afford to do that. So here are MY 2011-2012 Sabres with about 3.5M in cap room. (And knowing that Hiller and Boyes Salary will eventually go to Myers..)

C: Koivu, Roy, Gaustad, Richards
LW: Ennis, Gerbe, Vanek, McCormick (He is going to have to flip..)
RW: Boyes, Pominville, Stafford, Kaleta
W:Mancari
D: Myers, Lydman, Grags, Weber, Sekera, Morrisonn, Greene
G: Enroth, Hiller

the lines at least start to pencil in like:

1: Vanek-Richards-Pominville
2: Ennis-Koivu-Stafford
3: Gerbe-Roy-Boyes
4: McCormick-Gaustad-Kaleta

So what do you think? Better then this years team?

mechaphil
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:04 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

Hiller's career is likely over. His vertigo hasn't gone away, and now he's said that he feels like something is just slowing him down at all times.

Sabretooth
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:42 pm 
Garbage Man

Miller has a no movement clause. He is going nowhere. He and Enroth are our goaltending tandem for several years to come.

Do we really want Lydman back? There were some things we missed from him this season. Then again, we are very good in our defensemen depth. I am confident in several defensemen stepping up this year, and want them to continue. I think I need to pass on Lydman.

Squanto
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:51 pm 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

YodaMage wrote:
So what do you think? Better then this years team?

The second you take Miller out and make Enroth the starter, you have a weaker team, especially if that's the defense you're going to put in front of him.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:27 pm 
Captain Dynasty

as i said, the only way i move miller is for getzlaf or some young super stud. and vokoun signs with buffalo.

patkane88
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:09 pm 
Captain Clutch

I would never move Miller, you can't find goalies like him anymore in the NHL.

Twitter @BUrbanowicz13

Stuuuuuuu
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:00 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
as i said, the only way i move miller is for getzlaf or some young super stud. and vokoun signs with buffalo.

+1
Saku Koivu isn't enough of an addition on offense to justify the subtraction in goaltending. It woud need to be Hiller and Getzlaf for Miller and Hecht (and Hiller would have to be in playing condition) for me to want a trade w/Anaheim.

patkane88
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:02 pm 
Captain Clutch

ironyisadeadscene wrote:

What about if it was Miller for Corey Perry?

Twitter @BUrbanowicz13

Van_Da_Man
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:01 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Miller for Ovechkin? I'd do it.

"I'm going to go to the spa and have a hot tub and massage and relax," Miller said. "That's it, and it's back to work tomorrow." Ryan Miller after clinching the North East division.

NYIntensity
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:06 pm 
Superstar Goalie

patkane88 wrote:

They also DON'T WIN CUPS.

Hasek didn't. If he couldnt, Miller isn't going to. Not with the team in front of him. Our options are limited though; we can't just pass off our bad contracts. I wonder if TP could buy them out?

Los9090
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 10:22 am 
Superstar Goalie

Stuuuuuuu wrote:
ironyisadeadscene wrote:

+1
Saku Koivu isn't enough of an addition on offense to justify the subtraction in goaltending. It woud need to be Hiller and Getzlaf for Miller and Hecht (and Hiller would have to be in playing condition) for me to want a trade w/Anaheim.

Yeah, unless it was for Koivu from the mid 90s. Oh wait, he was injury prone...

Jammerz04
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 2:18 pm 
Power Forward

NYIntensity wrote:
patkane88 wrote:

Hasek didn't. If he couldnt, Miller isn't going to.

Hasek did win a cup with Detroit

Jammerz04
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 11:22 am 
Power Forward

I'd probably try and trade for Andrew Ladd or someone like him. He's a pretty good playoff performer and he can definately help this team. James Wisniewski is a good defenseman that I'd target get UFA season. I doubt anyone would take Hecht or Morrison so I'm sure we'll see them here next season. Other than that I'm not sure. For centers I'd go after Stamkos but with the run Tampa's having I'm sure he'd take less to stick with them and having St. Louis as a linemate won't hurt either.

Sabretooth
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 11:54 am 
Garbage Man

The Thrashers are shopping for scoring help.

Andrew Ladd led the Thrashers in points (59) and goals (29). He is a restricted free agent this summer. Rick Dudley will have likely a new deal in place by summer.

May I suggest pursuing Nik Antropov if he waives his no trade clause to come to the Sabres? He may cost $4,000,000 a year, but he can produce goals and points and would like to return to the postseason. He can do that quicker with Buffalo than with Atlanta.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 12:57 pm 
Captain Dynasty

Jammerz04 wrote:
NYIntensity wrote:
patkane88 wrote:

hasek wasnt the reason he won a cup in detroit. that was a HOF team.

Squanto
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 1:13 pm 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

NYIntensity wrote:
patkane88 wrote:

Hasek didn't. If he couldnt, Miller isn't going to. Not with the team in front of him. Our options are limited though; we can't just pass off our bad contracts. I wonder if TP could buy them out?

Hasek and the Sabres in 1999 were a single non-goal away from forcing a game 7 with a team that was about as offensively challenged as they come.

This notion that the only way to win a Cup is with an average goaltender is absurd.

THERE ARE MANY WAYS TO WIN A STANLEY CUP.

Jammerz04
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 2:01 pm 
Power Forward

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
Jammerz04 wrote:
NYIntensity wrote:
patkane88 wrote:

In the end a Cup is a Cup no matter how you got it. All that matters for that year is that YOU GOT IT! Hasek had nice career in DET. And he was a big part of why they won the cup. That was a great HOF team and Hasek was a great (future HOF) goalie.

Jammerz04
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 2:13 pm 
Power Forward

Sabretooth wrote:
The Thrashers are shopping for scoring help.

Andrew Ladd led the Thrashers in points (59) and goals (29). He is a restricted free agent this summer. Rick Dudley will have likely a new deal in place by summer.

May I suggest pursuing Nik Antropov if he waives his no trade clause to come to the Sabres? He may cost $4,000,000 a year, but he can produce goals and points and would like to return to the postseason. He can do that quicker with Buffalo than with Atlanta.

I'd say no to Antropov. His best season was with ATL in 2009/2010 - 24-43-67 and that was when he ws playing with fellow countryman and one of the best players in the NHL in Ilya Kovalchuck. He'll be a career Add the fact that we are pretty much set on RW. He's been a career 30-40 points guy add the fact that he has never played a complete season in his career now it seems the $4 million price tag is waaaaay to much for a player of his caliber. We can do way better.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 2:20 pm 
Captain Dynasty

hes only a 30-40 point guy cause he only plays 50-60 games. he would be fine for a second line, i just dont think i want him on the sabres.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 2:21 pm 
Captain Dynasty

Jammerz04 wrote:
ironyisadeadscene wrote:
Jammerz04 wrote:
NYIntensity wrote:
patkane88 wrote:

In the end a Cup is a Cup no matter how you got it. All that matters for that year is that YOU GOT IT! Hasek had nice career in DET. And he was a big part of why they won the cup. That was a great HOF team and Hasek was a great (future HOF) goalie.

they would have won the cup that year with a road cone with a red wings sticker on it in net. all hasek had to be was average, and by hasek standards, he was below average in 01-02.