It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Sabresfansince1980
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 9:12 am 
Star Sniper

X-pensfan wrote:
I bet Kassian would make a great center.

Maybe if he could skate well.

Jammerz04
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 12:56 pm 
Power Forward

The only real UFA we can go after in the next 2 years that'd actually make a difference is Brad Richards. All we can really hope for is for Darcy to make a trade for a #1 center and also a top notch defenseman. With Ennis and Myers being UFA's next years offseason and more than likely getting big raises; this offseason is the year we've got to make the moves.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 1:09 pm 
Captain Dynasty

RFAs

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 1:34 pm 
Cup Winner

Sabresfansince1980 wrote:
Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
Joni Pitkanen is also a decent talent and is over a year younger than Ehrhoff, who will turn 29 in July.

Wisniewski is the youngest. He turned 27 in February. Being fairly young for a UFA, having a right-handed shot, being a capable hitter and shot-blocker and now a very good pt producer in an offensive system makes Wisniewski the best option to me. I'm worried that if Lidstrom retires he might sign with Detroit since he's from Michigan.

Pitkanen is a no no. Guy is terrible on defense, everyone who is a Canes fan hates the guy.

I don't like or want him either, but he has some talent. Some team can use him for a puck mover/PP man.

We have too many puck movers, we honestly need a guy who is shutdown type.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

Sabresfansince1980
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 3:26 pm 
Star Sniper

We have puck movers, but not legit PP guys. Shutdown guy - yes, but he'll have to be mobile too. Part of what made Rivet useless was how slow he was. Ruff needs the d-corps to be able to skate well. Bieksa and Wisniewski can both skate well while also being solid defensively...Ehrhoff also. I'll be stunned if Buffalo doesn't make a huge play toward one or more of those players.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 5:58 pm 
Cup Winner

We have puck movers, but not legit PP guys. Shutdown guy - yes, but he'll have to be mobile too. Part of what made Rivet useless was how slow he was. Ruff needs the d-corps to be able to skate well. Bieksa and Wisniewski can both skate well while also being solid defensively...Ehrhoff also. I'll be stunned if Buffalo doesn't make a huge play toward one or more of those players.

I would love Erhoff in Buffalo. I wouldn't mind Wisniewski either.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

Timbo Slice
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 2:06 am 
Franchise Defenseman

Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
Joni Pitkanen is also a decent talent and is over a year younger than Ehrhoff, who will turn 29 in July.

Wisniewski is the youngest. He turned 27 in February. Being fairly young for a UFA, having a right-handed shot, being a capable hitter and shot-blocker and now a very good pt producer in an offensive system makes Wisniewski the best option to me. I'm worried that if Lidstrom retires he might sign with Detroit since he's from Michigan.

Pitkanen is a no no. Guy is terrible on defense, everyone who is a Canes fan hates the guy.

I don't like or want him either, but he has some talent. Some team can use him for a puck mover/PP man.

We have too many puck movers, we honestly need a guy who is shutdown type.

Weber could be that guy, like Orpik lite. And we have some puckmovers, but they're all two way players who don't excel at anything, except for Myers, who excels at both. We need a guy like Ehrhoff, who is a point producing defenseman who also can play in the top 3, or a guy like Bieksa, who's a mean, semi-shutdown SOB who can also play in the top 3.

burner087
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:51 pm 
Brawler

What about Tyler Kennedy? They didn't give him a qualifier.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/player/_/id/3339/tyler-kennedy

News: The Penguins did not issue a qualifying offer to Kennedy by Monday's deadline. He will become an unrestricted free agent as of noon Friday, according to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. (Mon Jun 27)

5 foot 11. Not huge by any means. No idea what his F/O % was though.

54.8% as of March 6th.

mechaphil
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:59 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

No to Tyler Kennedy. We have one already and his name is Nathan Gerbe.

sabresrocker56
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:23 pm 
Garbage Man

Wisnewski on D please.

Gerbacity

NYIntensity wrote:
Sabres2Sabres wrote:
If Miller and Myers were playing like they did last year, we'd probably be over 500 right now.

If I had decided to jerk off instead, I probably wouldn't be paying child support...

"Grier coming in over the line. He leaves it to Gaustad. The shot. THEY SCOOOREE!! RING UP ANOTHER ONE FOR THE GOOSE!!! HONK IF YA HEAR THE GOOSE!! 3-0 BUFFALO!"

Hammygoodness
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:28 pm 
More Heart Than Skill

If it was between Tyler Kennedy and Tim Connolly, I'm taking Kennedy. And now that Tim Kennedy is gone, there wouldn't be a total clusterfuck of similar names. Seriously, though, three Tylers! Can you imagine?

Ham

Rud
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:59 pm 
Superstar Goalie

Tylers Small, Medium and Large