It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Jammerz04
 Post subject: Keith Yandle
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:51 pm 
Power Forward

Yandle was 3rd in NHL defensemen scoring and that's something he will continue in his future. IMO we have the sources to pry him out of PHX. We have a tonne of RFA blue liners that can be sent the other way plus a 1st round pick. Now Squanto I'm not saying trade all of our RFA defensemen and a 1st rounder for Yandle. With Bryzgalov gone and I'm pretty sure Jovo-Cop is leaving. Plus Yandle may not have a reason for staying, not much upside in PHX right now with ownership woes and now Bryzgalov out of there hands.

Thoughts?

mechaphil
 Post subject: Re: Keith Yandle
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:32 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

Yandle is a defensive sieve. The Sabres need a defensive defenseman, not a poor man's Brian Campbell.

Jammerz04
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:32 pm 
Power Forward

mechaphil wrote:
Yandle is a defensive sieve. The Sabres need a defensive defenseman, not a poor man's Brian Campbell.

Poor mans Brian Campbell? Are you serious? Yandle more than doubled Campbell's point totals from this past season.

We need a defensive defenseman, but wouldn't it'd be nice to have another threat out there on the blue line? Yandle is a good defenseman on both sides of the puck. He's just not a superstar on defense but on the offensive side? Look Out!!!

With the right cast this guy could become a Norris Trophy candidate... And I believe we have that cast.

Rud
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:00 pm 
Superstar Goalie

Yandle is getting locked up by the Yotes. That's why they moved Bryzgalov.

Jammerz04
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:17 pm 
Power Forward

Rud wrote:
Yandle is getting locked up by the Yotes. That's why they moved Bryzgalov.

I heard Yotes traded him because he doesn't want to play for a team that's surrounded with so much uncertainty.

Rud
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:33 pm 
Superstar Goalie

They couldn't come to agreement on a long term contract because Bryzgalov wanted more money than the 'Yotes were willing to give, as they want to lock up their RFA's like Yandle and Turris.

Rud
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:10 pm 
Superstar Goalie

But even if that's why they traded Bryz, he was one of the cornerstones of the team and franchise. If Yandle continues this development, he is also going to become a massive part of the franchise. They now have plenty of cap space and would face great scrutiny if they let him go. There's no reason for Phoenix to not sign him.