It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PuckSniperPensel
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:00 am 
Page Side

http://thefourthperiod.com/news/chi120211.html

Quote:
Having now lost eight straight games, the Chicago Blackhawks might be starting to panic as they continue to dip down the Western Conference standings.
According to the Ottawa Sun, Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman is interested in Buffalo Sabres center Derek Roy.

The Hawks have been looking for a second line center since November, and various reports have linked the team to the Sabres in recent weeks.
Roy, 28, has picked up 11 goals and 16 assists for 27 points in 52 games with the Sabres so far this season.

He has one-year left on his contract beyond this season, at a cap hit of $4 million, something the Hawks are able to absorb.

Bowman was very interested in Edmonton Oilers center Sam Gagner, but his price tag has jumped significantly since he's exploded offensively in the last couple of weeks.

So... what does Chicago have that we'd like to have?

What kind of package would we have to put together with Roy to bring Duncan Keith here?

And if that were possible, would you be more willing to trade Myers to Anaheim for Getzlaf?

Nuthatch
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:51 am 
Penalty Killer

Ummm, I'm not willing to trade Myers.

PuckSniperPensel
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:56 am 
Page Side

Nuthatch wrote:

So if you could laterally move a top Dman who can play 25-30 minutes a game, for another top Dman who can also play 25-30 minutes a game AND has won a cup, while ALSO bringing in a legitimate first line center who has ALSO won a cup... you wouldn't do it?

TheBlackDahliaMurder
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:19 am 
Career AHL'er

PuckSniperPensel wrote:
Nuthatch wrote:

So if you could laterally move a top Dman who can play 25-30 minutes a game, for another top Dman who can also play 25-30 minutes a game AND has won a cup, while ALSO bringing in a legitimate first line center who has ALSO won a cup... you wouldn't do it?

But what would we have to give up to get Keith though? Roy's trade value is nowhere near that high.

PuckSniperPensel
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:31 am 
Page Side

TheBlackDahliaMurder wrote:
PuckSniperPensel wrote:
Nuthatch wrote:

But what would we have to give up to get Keith though? Roy's trade value is nowhere near that high.

No I agree, it's definitely not. I'm curious as to what else we'd have to package with Roy to convince Chicago to make that happen.

McNabb and a first?

ksquier89
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:44 am 
PP Quarterback

Maybe we can get a lifetime supply of soda for our vending machines in return for Roy(Moneyball anyone?)

Sabresfansince1980
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:52 am 
Star Sniper

Keith won't be traded, maybe ever, but definitely not while Chicago is looking to buy for a playoff push.

Chicago doesn't have a roster player that Buffalo would want and will also be available (Kane, Toews, Sharp, Seabrook, Keith). The only player Buffalo could maybe use is John Scott as a hulking monster D-man that can fight like hell. But Ruff wants speedy push-overs on defense so I don't see that happening. Without knowing Chicago's best prospects (center hopefully) all Roy could get is a 2nd rd pick and some other minor pick/prospect/14th forward.

Jammerz04
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:15 pm 
Power Forward

Sabresfansince1980 wrote:
Keith won't be traded, maybe ever, but definitely not while Chicago is looking to buy for a playoff push.

Chicago doesn't have a roster player that Buffalo would want and will also be available (Kane, Toews, Sharp, Seabrook, Keith). The only player Buffalo could maybe use is John Scott as a hulking monster D-man that can fight like hell. But Ruff wants speedy push-overs on defense so I don't see that happening. Without knowing Chicago's best prospects (center hopefully) all Roy could get is a 2nd rd pick and some other minor pick/prospect/14th forward.

Ya but I think Kane could be had. Let's face it Crawford and Emery aren't that great and honestly Miller for Kane rumors have been out there for awhile. I'd love to see that happen probably wouldn't have imediate impact but in a season or so after some expiring contracts we can bring in some more help plus with high draft picks and Kane, Enroth and Myers looking as a good three players to start fresh.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:17 pm 
Hart Winner

PuckSniperPensel wrote:
Nuthatch wrote:

Drew Miller has won a cup. This does not prove shit about a player's talent.

NYIntensity
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:22 pm 
Superstar Goalie

I think the "won a cup" checkbox falls under the "experience" portion of a player's resume, not "talents".

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:25 pm 
Hart Winner

I don't think a player winning a cup should do much for his value.

NYIntensity
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:28 pm 
Superstar Goalie

That's like saying that you don't care how successful a person's previous company was as a direct result of them being an employee there. Doesn't make sense.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:54 pm 
Cup Winner

NYIntensity wrote:
That's like saying that you don't care how successful a person's previous company was as a direct result of them being an employee there. Doesn't make sense.

That can be applied to Keith of course, but some player's it wouldn't make much sense to use the whole, "I won a Cup."

Some players who win Cups in their career, it wasn't really a result of them being a great player, sometimes just as an energy line.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

PuckSniperPensel
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:03 pm 
Page Side

BlueandYellow wrote:
PuckSniperPensel wrote:
Nuthatch wrote:

Yeah guess what; Drew Miller didn't play 25 minutes per game, every game during the playoffs, either.

That comparison does not work.

patkane88
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:36 pm 
Captain Clutch

If the Hawks want Roy so badly, they obviously have not seen him play a lot.

Twitter @BUrbanowicz13

daz28
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:15 am 
Star Sniper

Roy for Montador and a 2nd?

jk

Mark McNeil and a pick works for me, because Roy is garbage. He has been tried in many combos, and can't produce.

patkane88 wrote:
If the Hawks want Roy so badly, they obviously have not seen him play a lot.

They don't have LR running the show.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:58 am 
Hart Winner

PuckSniperPensel wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:
PuckSniperPensel wrote:
Nuthatch wrote:

Yeah guess what; Drew Miller didn't play 25 minutes per game, every game during the playoffs, either.

So is Dustin Buff a better defensemen than Shea Weber?

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:17 am 
Cup Winner

BlueandYellow wrote:
PuckSniperPensel wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:
PuckSniperPensel wrote:
Nuthatch wrote:

So is Dustin Buff a better defensemen than Shea Weber?

He played forward at that time though.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

Montalo
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:43 am 
PP Quarterback

here's a question. When is the last time a team has won the Stanley Cup with no previous Cup winners on their roster?

PuckSniperPensel
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:55 am 
Page Side

Montalo wrote:
here's a question. When is the last time a team has won the Stanley Cup with no previous Cup winners on their roster?

Bingo.