It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

SabresBillsFan
 Post subject: Please No Ales Hemsky
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:23 pm 
Power Forward

I know his name is being thrown around for awhile now and I hope the sabres aren't interested in acquiring him. This team doesn't need another underachiever and a player who isn't motivate to show up every game.

ksquier89
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:42 pm 
PP Quarterback

Any player with the first name Ales....caugh Kots caugh

Howie Hodge
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:53 pm 
Star Sniper

Absolutely agree with you both here.

Hemsky is a soft, injury prone (probably low pain threshold) player. Very talented; but we've seen those here before, and we ended up all hating Satan.

Last night he held up on winning a race that would have prevented icing against The Oilers, in fear he'd get hit. Literally backed off.

Game was 4 - 3 Oilers, with 22 seconds left. Result was a faceoff in Edmonton's end; whereas his getting to the puck would have kept play going in a Chicago end, and Crawford out of the net. Luckily Chicago was unable to tie it.

Wimp.

-Bowler, imitating Freddy Blassie, at the very first M & G.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:12 pm 
Hart Winner

Ales Hemsky isn't lazy. I hate that the term lazy is thrown around so meaninglessly, just to add on to someone's point even when it's false.

Ales Hemsky is injury prone, but extremely talented and he's NOT lazy.

Howie Hodge
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:28 pm 
Star Sniper

The word "lazy" doesn't appear in any posts until the last one prior to this one.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:31 pm 
Hart Winner

Howie Hodge wrote:
The word "lazy" doesn't appear in any posts until the last one prior to this one.

I know the literal term lazy didn't show up, but saying he isn't motivated is essentially the same thing.

Howie Hodge
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:32 pm 
Star Sniper

Apology accepted.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:04 pm 
Hart Winner

BlueandYellow wrote:
Ales Hemsky isn't lazy. I hate that the term lazy is thrown around so meaninglessly, just to add on to someone's point even when it's false.

Ales Hemsky is injury prone, but extremely talented and he's NOT lazy.

By the way, I wasn't directing this specifically at any of you, but just in general.

patkane88
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:33 pm 
Captain Clutch

Hemsky would fit in so well with all the under achieving crap forwards this team has

Twitter @BUrbanowicz13

OilOnWhyte
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:14 pm 
Rink Rat

SabresBillsFan wrote:
I know his name is being thrown around for awhile now and I hope the sabres aren't interested in acquiring him. This team doesn't need another underachiever and a player who isn't motivate to show up every game.

Joined to respond to this post.

Not sure why Hemsky gets this label. The guy is a near point per game player (he's averaged .92 points per game since the lockout).

He's injured a lot more than I'd like him to be, but I'd rather see the Oilers sign him for a three or four year deal.

He's easily been the best forward on the team when healthy since the Cup run of '06. From where does he get the label of 'underachiever'?

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:19 pm 
Hart Winner

OilOnWhyte wrote:
SabresBillsFan wrote:

Not sure why Hemsky gets this label. The guy is a near point per game player (he's averaged .92 points per game since the lockout).

He's injured a lot more than I'd like him to be, but I'd rather see the Oilers sign him for a three or four year deal.

He's easily been the best forward on the team when healthy since the Cup run of '06. From where does he get the label of 'underachiever'?

Welcome to our boards, by the way.

This is what I wanted to say. I've seen Hemsky play. His main problem is injuries, but he tries and has talent. I'd want him on the Sabres for sure.

OilOnWhyte
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:29 pm 
Rink Rat

BlueandYellow wrote:
OilOnWhyte wrote:
SabresBillsFan wrote:

This is what I wanted to say. I've seen Hemsky play. His main problem is injuries, but he tries and has talent. I'd want him on the Sabres for sure.

Thank you!

I've maintained that if you'd like to trade him because he's injury prone, I can't really argue that.

TC was a guy you had that was injury prone, but when he played, he wasn't too awful bad.

Same with Hemsky. When he plays, he'll have the two assists in a 4-2 loss. I've got plenty of examples from the past five years should illustration ever become necessary.

The complete utter lack of NHL-calibre defence is what's keeping the Oilers away from being near the playoffs.

It's not Hemsky, that's for sure.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:33 pm 
Captain Dynasty

i like hemsky. but, look. if you wanna keep hemsky, can we have RNH? please?

the oilers are going to be a super team real fast.

OilOnWhyte
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:37 pm 
Rink Rat

ironyisadeadscene wrote:

The Oilers will continue to struggle until the defence is fixed.

This will be the sixth consecutive year out of the playoffs. The natives are restless.

With that being said, I'm pretty sure Edmonton would take Ales Kotalik off your hands...again.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:41 pm 
Hart Winner

OilOnWhyte wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:
OilOnWhyte wrote:
SabresBillsFan wrote:

Thank you!

I've maintained that if you'd like to trade him because he's injury prone, I can't really argue that.

TC was a guy you had that was injury prone, but when he played, he wasn't too awful bad.

Same with Hemsky. When he plays, he'll have the two assists in a 4-2 loss. I've got plenty of examples from the past five years should illustration ever become necessary.

The complete utter lack of NHL-calibre defence is what's keeping the Oilers away from being near the playoffs.

It's not Hemsky, that's for sure.

I actually was hoping Edmonton would take Larsson. RNH is a great player, but an Oiler team with Larsson on it would've been disgusting.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:43 pm 
Captain Dynasty

OilOnWhyte wrote:
ironyisadeadscene wrote:

The Oilers will continue to struggle until the defence is fixed.

This will be the sixth consecutive year out of the playoffs. The natives are restless.

With that being said, I'm pretty sure Edmonton would take Ales Kotalik off your hands...again.

you guys can have grags. for like.. a 3rd round pick.

OilOnWhyte
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:44 pm 
Rink Rat

BlueandYellow wrote:
I actually was hoping Edmonton would take Larsson. RNH is a great player, but an Oiler team with Larsson on it would've been disgusting.

I absolutely was pulling for Larsson.

Looking back, RNH is a pretty nice consolation prize.

OilOnWhyte
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:48 pm 
Rink Rat

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
you guys can have grags. for like.. a 3rd round pick.

Gragnani leads your team in +/-, and the Sabres are under .500?

Third round pick? Done. Done yesterday.

Jammerz04
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:52 pm 
Power Forward

Hemsky would be a great addition to the Sabres. But the only thing we desperately need on this team is a star center....

Los9090
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:58 am 
Superstar Goalie

Yup, we're good on the wing