It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
daz28
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:23 am 
Star Sniper

PuckSniperPensel wrote:
He said Getz could be here tomorrow if Darcy wanted, because Anaheim would trade him for Myers. He didn't mean that a deal is pending. Darcy would obviously have to clear some cap, too.

Ya, like $4 million(a big guess). If we can get an asset for Boyes, and TP plays big-leaguer, and re-signs Getz to a 6 year deal, then I might be on board. I'm almost positive Anaheim has zero interest on taking on $4 million. In fact, there probably trying to get Regier to take Blake, and bury him in a Uzbekistan.

PuckSniperPensel
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:28 am 
Page Side

daz28 wrote:
PuckSniperPensel wrote:
He said Getz could be here tomorrow if Darcy wanted, because Anaheim would trade him for Myers. He didn't mean that a deal is pending. Darcy would obviously have to clear some cap, too.

Ya, like $4 million(a big guess). If we can get an asset for Boyes, and TP plays big-leaguer, and re-signs Getz to a 6 year deal, then I might be on board. I'm almost positive Anaheim has zero interest on taking on $4 million. In fact, there probably trying to get Regier to take Blake, and bury him in a Uzbekistan.

In my mind, I make the trade for Getz with the intention of signing him to a huge extension over the summer.

Then, at the deadline, I go after either Suter or Weber from Nashville by offering a first, and second, and Ennis, and try to lock him down before summer.

Huge risks, but huge rewards.

daz28
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:31 am 
Star Sniper

PuckSniperPensel wrote:
daz28 wrote:
PuckSniperPensel wrote:

In my mind, I make the trade for Getz with the intention of signing him to a huge extension over the summer.

Then, at the deadline, I go after either Suter or Weber from Nashville by offering a first, and second, and Ennis, and try to lock him down before summer.

You would again run into serious cap issues. At that point someone would blow the circumvention whistle if TP keeps burying the big contracts. I can't see any way in hell he could off all these overpaid bums to make all your deals happen.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:21 am 
Cup Winner

It is written by Hamilton though. How often are his rumors or queries actually correct?

I don't read WGR or even listen to it since I don't get it here in my car. Is he actually respectable in rumors at all?

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

Los9090
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:57 am 
Superstar Goalie

PuckSniperPensel wrote:
daz28 wrote:
PuckSniperPensel wrote:

When you put it like that, essentially trading Myers for Getzlaf and Weber...I'd go for that too

Sabresfansince1980
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:26 am 
Star Sniper

The point Daz makes is THE BIGGEST issue for this trade idea. Myers for Getzlaf is not just a straight up one-for-one. It's a - "1.5 years with my stud for 7.5 years with your stud" - type of deal. That is clearly in Anaheim's favor. It's WAY OVER THE TOP in Anaheim's favor because even if Buffalo signs Getzlaf long-term, it's the last half of his career. Myers will be in the entire prime of his career over the next seven years. Besides that, league rules state that a player can't have his contract extended until the last year of his deal, so Buffalo would have to make that trade and then simply HOPE that Getzlaf would sign an extension in the summer.

I'd love Getzlaf on the team too, and I'd consider Myers as the trade bait, but NEVER under the contract circumstances each player is in. Now since Bobby Ryan has 3.5 years left under contract and is two years younger than Getzlaf, he's a more reasonable trade option for Myers, but we need a C.

For Getzlaf, I'd offer any combination of Roy, Stafford, Ennis, Gerbe, Boyes, Sekera, Gragnani, picks and prospects. But they can't give a guy with 1.5 years left and expect a guy with 7.5 years left. That's ridiculous.

DieHardFan
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:10 pm 
Emergency Call-Up

Sabresfansince1980 wrote:
The point Daz makes is THE BIGGEST issue for this trade idea. Myers for Getzlaf is not just a straight up one-for-one. It's a - "1.5 years with my stud for 7.5 years with your stud" - type of deal. That is clearly in Anaheim's favor. It's WAY OVER THE TOP in Anaheim's favor because even if Buffalo signs Getzlaf long-term, it's the last half of his career. Myers will be in the entire prime of his career over the next seven years. Besides that, league rules state that a player can't have his contract extended until the last year of his deal, so Buffalo would have to make that trade and then simply HOPE that Getzlaf would sign an extension in the summer.

I'd love Getzlaf on the team too, and I'd consider Myers as the trade bait, but NEVER under the contract circumstances each player is in. Now since Bobby Ryan has 3.5 years left under contract and is two years younger than Getzlaf, he's a more reasonable trade option for Myers, but we need a C.

For Getzlaf, I'd offer any combination of Roy, Stafford, Ennis, Gerbe, Boyes, Sekera, Gragnani, picks and prospects. But they can't give a guy with 1.5 years left and expect a guy with 7.5 years left. That's ridiculous.

Keyword: "Stud." Myers ain't. Otherwise, spot on.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:18 pm 
Cup Winner

Myers is still a cornerstone to our defense and we do play much better in our end with him back there.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

NYIntensity
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:41 pm 
Superstar Goalie

My sentiments are similar - do you remember the hope and excitement when we signed Myers?

Don't forget - everything that we hoped and dreamed of from this young man is still to come. Stop being so fucking impatient with EVERYTHING.

Yeah...something is fucked up on the team. Losing a future superstar ain't worth it.

Stuuuuuuu
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:45 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Lot of "ifs"in the keep Myers scenario. Mainly "if" he lives up to potential. It's not certain that he will be a superstar at all. So it's not just Anaheim gets our "best player" (what a crock) for longer, it's that Buffalo trades potential for a proven entity. A bird in hand is worth two in the bush.

NYIntensity
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:51 pm 
Superstar Goalie

Stuuuuuuu wrote:
Lot of "ifs"in the keep Myers scenario. Mainly "if" he lives up to potential. It's not certain that he will be a superstar at all. So it's not just Anaheim gets our "best player" (what a crock) for longer, it's that Buffalo trades potential for a proven entity. A bird in hand is worth two in the bush.

It isn't certain, but is the gamble not the same if we ship him out. I want to see him as a franchise d-man, personally.

I understand the bird-in-hand, but I think we've got other bait to dangle.

Stuuuuuuu
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:52 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

NYIntensity wrote:
Stuuuuuuu wrote:

It isn't certain, but is the gamble not the same if we ship him out. I want to see him as a franchise d-man, personally.

I understand the bird-in-hand, but I think we've got other bait to dangle.

Like what?

Stuuuuuuu
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:55 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

There's always a possibility that that huge longterm Myers contract handcuffs Buffalo in the future if he has injury problems or becomes the next Mike Wilson. It could turn into a Dipeitro situation where the contract is impossible to move. There are gambles to keeping Myers too.

Sabresfansince1980
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:05 pm 
Star Sniper

If some combination of the above isn't good enough to get Getzlaf, then I would focus on another C. Don't respond with "our garbage won't get gold". I know that, but I'm talking about one or two of the above players, plus a prospect like Adam/Foligno/Kassian, plus a 1st/2nd rd pick. If Anaheim wants more, then they're being stupid and simply trying to take advantage of a team that might be desperate soon.

Myers has a seven year deal at a 5.5 mil cap hit starting next season. That deal is ok now, and will be even more cap friendy in a few years after the cap limit goes up more. He's struggling now, but is still one of the top three d-men, and has the size/talent that makes it almost impossible for him to be a "bust". Under Ruff there's definitely a chance that he doesn't reach full potential, but he'll be tradeable at 5.5 mil per.

Last edited by Sabresfansince1980 on Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yhoshi
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:06 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

trade ehrhoff and make me happy ;)

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:06 pm 
Cup Winner

We all need to see if Myers develops more and at what pace. These franchise D-Men aren't born overnight. This is only his third year in the league. And he's 22, still too young to determine anything on him yet.

It would be a huge risk sending him out to Anaheim. Because we don't know if he'll turn into what we hope he turns into. Or if Getzlaf could continue his production.

But that's the joys of trading, sometimes you win a trade and other times you lose out. It all depends.

Rud wrote:

Stuuuuuuu
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:16 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

If some combination of the above isn't good enough to get Getzlaf, then I would focus on another C. Don't respond with "our garbage won't get gold". I know that, but I'm talking about one or two of the above players, plus a prospect like Adam/Foligno/Kassian, plus a 1st/2nd rd pick. If Anaheim wants more, then they're being stupid and simply trying to take advantage of a team that might be desperate soon.

Myers has a seven year deal at a 5.5 mil cap hit starting next season. That deal is ok now, and will be even more cap friendy in a few years after the cap limit goes up more. He's struggling now, but is still one of the top three d-men, and has the size/talent that makes it almost impossible for him to be a "bust". Under Ruff there's definitely a chance that he doesn't reach full potential, but he'll be tradeable at 5.5 mil per.

Put yourself in Anaheim's shoes. If this article is true, then what they are willing to do is trade a sure thing now to reboot your team, but you want something with a HUGE upside in return for your very valuable assest. You're offering Buffalo something big now, in return you want something that could be even bigger for your future. I don't think you take Sekera, Adam, Gragnani, and a 2nd rounder. Throw in any of your forwards on that list for one of the D-men and that doesn't change anything. That's a crap offer for a star in his prime.

Sabresfansince1980
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:23 pm 
Star Sniper

You're cherry picking the worst combo.

Try Roy, Kassian, and a 1st rd pick, then add in any of the other options if necessary.

PuckSniperPensel
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:23 pm 
Page Side

Try Roy, Kassian, and a 1st rd pick, then add in any of the other options if necessary.

Nobody wants Derek Roy.

Yhoshi
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:54 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

PuckSniperPensel wrote:

Nobody wants Derek Roy.

no one

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next