It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

gr8daygo
 Post subject: Yardbarker rumor fun?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:57 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Was looking around the fox sports site and saw this link... few all star brake rumors... of the sabres guess...

miller not considered a "corner stone" any longer... possible Miller for Hiller straight up... how does that help us in any way shape or form... Might get Miller closer to Mrs. Miller (sorry Fly, im sure that still stings a lil)... so good for Miller... but good for Buffalo?

AnnnD D. Roy... early rumors to Montreal... now thinking to LA.... for nothing listed as coming back for Roy....

Any ways... take it for what it is, rumors.... but let em fly... at least we can try and have more fun playing sabres chess than watching some of the recent games.... last game was cool though... Miller was ON! and ya gotta love Gerbe putting that one away, lil man deserves it... skate to the grill early on and he's been one of the hardest playing guys out there since.... maybe Staff needs a skate to the face to get his ass moving... although away from roy (Lenio, Staff, Boyes)... has not been god awful... some solid work by that line last game... no goals, but solid work continued should pay off...

http://network.yardbarker.com/nhl/artic ... me/9657133

E X C E L L E N C E

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:05 am 
Hart Winner

On a scale from 1-10, how trustworthy are those rumors?

I'm guessing a 0

gr8daygo
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:21 am 
Franchise Defenseman

you could actually go into negative numbers there... im sure they are looking at moves... but no matter what happens, I dont see how you are going to add two centers between the trade deadline and off season.... if you move roy.... who plays center... leino... boyes... adam... goose down the middle? i mean who are our centers...

Goose is a center... good on face-offs... slightly over paid but a solid forth line guy (and isnt he hurt?)

Adam is a center... solid young talent and a 96 or 98 MPH slap shot at the all star game... ok solid 3rd line C... I don't think he is ready for a 2nd line roll and I have my doubts about him being a No 2 C next year... he just needs a little time....

So Boyes is a C kinda but does better on the wing

Leino played a lil C pre NHL but has said he is more comfy on the wing.... who plays C on the Boyes/Staff/Leino line? do you consider that a solid No 2 line or a weak 2 and solid 3 line thats paid like a 1b line....

Pommers has been seen at the dot.... but again career wing....

Cody, well he isn't gonna be a 1 or 2 C any time soon, but he will punch you in the face....

So again.... where is the hell are you finding 2 centers in a trade deadline and off season.... and not just two centers but a first and second line center....

I could see an aging vet being brought in for a 2 or 3 year stint to be the no.2 C and help Adam along, no clue who that would even look like .... thoughts?

As for the top C... i havent a clue.... any thoughts on Stasny (spelling?), those were last years rumors...

centerman - best song ever....

http://www.nickmendola.com/wp-content/u ... o.com_.mp3

E X C E L L E N C E