It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

patkane88
 Post subject: Re: Rick Nash???
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:05 pm 
Captain Clutch

I would like to see him come here but he would cost Kassian, Myers etc so I would say pass.

Twitter @BUrbanowicz13

HipKat
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:45 am 
Garbage Man

I don't think he would cost us Myers, but Kassian, most likely and/or McNabb, neither of whom I'd like to see leave. I love Goose, but outside of faceoffs, and some muscle, he's bringing very little to this team. Boyes is done. You can't base keeping someone because they're good on Shoot-outs. They need to contribute for the 65 minutes prior to a SO.

Also, like said above, I don't see a real quality center in FA. That cap hit is tough though, but not only is Nash an Elite player, he's just a damn good guy. You don't see any ego from him at all, and he works 100% of the time.

The real killer in this deal is that we don't have a GM that's nearly creative enough to make it happen.

sabres323
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:11 pm 
Rink Rat

Everyone talking like Regier has the balls to pull that off and we all know he does not. Also doesn't he have a no trade clause and would he really waive it for buffalo seeing how poorly we have been doing this year.

I would love to have him but we would really need to dump alot of salary to get him and have enough room left to fill the roster next year.

Until this marriage of R&R is broken up none of this will ever have to chance of happening.

Displaced Fan
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:46 pm 
Superstar Goalie

I remember a few discussions on NHL live about Nash. They were saying that they felt bad for such a star being on such a shitty team but that he didn't want to be traded and would rather stick it out. unless things have changed I just don't see Nash abandoning his team like that, especially with the NTC

daz28
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:00 pm 
Star Sniper

Displaced Fan wrote:
I remember a few discussions on NHL live about Nash. They were saying that they felt bad for such a star being on such a shitty team but that he didn't want to be traded and would rather stick it out. unless things have changed I just don't see Nash abandoning his team like that, especially with the NTC

Yes, your memory is correct, that was the stance a little bit ago. They have officially put him on the block though. I'd have to guess he either wanted or is willing to move, or they wouldn't have done this.

Howie Hodge
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:09 pm 
Star Sniper

Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch reports that he believes that are five teams on Rick Nash's approval list: the Boston Bruins, the Los Angeles Kings, The New York Rangers, the San Jose Sharks and the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Now I doubt Toronto (Kessel trade) have the assets to make this deal.

The Bruins do. I would speculate that defense prospect Dougie Hamilton is exactly what Columbus would be looking for. (Boston would need to clear cap pace in the process.)

The Kings have the parts Columbus is looking for. It would cost them Jack Johnson almost certainly.

I agree with the earlier comment that he is a world class player on a poor team. He is excellent internationally with Canada.

He's not coming here, but IF he were possibly headed this way; they will want Myers. Otherwise we have very little to offer. Unproven - or less than top end prospects, won't even get a serious response from Columbus.

-Bowler, imitating Freddy Blassie, at the very first M & G.

gr8daygo
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:35 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Howie Hodge wrote:
Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch reports that he believes that are five teams on Rick Nash's approval list: the Boston Bruins, the Los Angeles Kings, The New York Rangers, the San Jose Sharks and the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Now I doubt Toronto (Kessel trade) have the assets to make this deal.

The Bruins do. I would speculate that defense prospect Dougie Hamilton is exactly what Columbus would be looking for. (Boston would need to clear cap pace in the process.)

The Kings have the parts Columbus is looking for. It would cost them Jack Johnson almost certainly.

I agree with the earlier comment that he is a world class player on a poor team. He is excellent internationally with Canada.

He's not coming here, but IF he were possibly headed this way; they will want Myers. Otherwise we have very little to offer. Unproven - or less than top end prospects, won't even get a serious response from Columbus.

Send him out west...lol... I dont wanna see him in Boston (I like him to much for that) or Toronto.... And Im fine with him not coming here because I like Myers! But with that said, please.... go find me a CENTER!!!!!

E X C E L L E N C E

Displaced Fan
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:38 pm 
Superstar Goalie

this is just purely out of my ass but he seems way too nice to play for Boston.

NYIntensity
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:38 pm 
Superstar Goalie

At the rate that Myers has been playing, I'd actually be ok with getting rid of him for Nash.

daz28
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:20 am 
Star Sniper

NYIntensity wrote:
At the rate that Myers has been playing, I'd actually be ok with getting rid of him for Nash.

Either he's dumb, or his coaches are dumb. His age is not an excuse in today's NHL. Even though he's young, he has tenure, and kids are expected to compete in today's game.