It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Jammerz04
 Post subject: Dustin Brown?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:27 pm 
Power Forward

Any interest? I know he's not a center but he can play both wings. He'd bring good leadership and plays a good physical role add that to the fact he can put points up makes it pretty hard to say no.

Bob Mckenzie says he'd be available seeing the latest acquistion of Jeff Carter.

source: TSN.ca

BlueandYellow
 Post subject: Re: Dustin Brown?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:05 pm 
Hart Winner

Buffalo is interested in him, actually. TSN's article says Buffalo, Boston, Edmonton, Rangers, New Jersey, Philly, Vancouver, and Toronto are interested.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:05 pm 
Hart Winner

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=388728

OldTimeHockey
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:18 pm 
PP Quarterback

In a second. The Kings are up against the cap, so it would have to be practically a dollars in and dollars out type deal, which also them lowers the young D prospect they want. I heard today that the Kings are more interested in Stafford and Pominville. Stafford makes less and I don't like the idea of trading our captain, especially now that's he's starting to be that top line guy.

What kinda hurts is that I like our defensemen, so which one would they package with the deal? Not McNabb and Psysyk is probably too young yet....

gr8daygo
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:24 am 
Franchise Defenseman

Give em grags!!! Lol. That would be epic. And stafford lol. I know not happening. Sekera? Stafford? Or to much money there... And I still want a center. Where are the center rumors?

E X C E L L E N C E

Ryan911T
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:37 am 
resident car guy

Dear Darcy, please get him.

Twitter - @Ryan911T - @MotoExposure

jvaccaro6
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:42 pm 
Certifiably Hotter than ETC

OldTimeHockey wrote:
In a second. The Kings are up against the cap, so it would have to be practically a dollars in and dollars out type deal, which also them lowers the young D prospect they want. I heard today that the Kings are more interested in Stafford and Pominville. Stafford makes less and I don't like the idea of trading our captain, especially now that's he's starting to be that top line guy.

What kinda hurts is that I like our defensemen, so which one would they package with the deal? Not McNabb and Psysyk is probably too young yet....

To be honest, Stafford for Brown straight up is pretty fair, if we throw in a decent pick. If they want one of our defensive men they have to give us something in return, such as a prospect or a pick. Grags or Sekera can at least fetch a 2nd rounder on their own.

Squanto 7/27/2010

Sabresfansince1980
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:14 pm 
Star Sniper

Buffalo wouldn't have to worry about the cap hit of they put Hecht on LTIR. I'd be ok if this deal was more of a buy situation than a straight up trade, because Brown would be under contract and a long term upgrade over Boyes and possibly/probably Stafford also. If they want to shop Brown, why would they want Boyes or Stafford?

Not sure what LA would want beside a D-man, but Gragnani probably won't cut it unless there's a 1st/2nd rd pick and a prospect. Sekera or Weber plus might be about right, but I'll assume for now that if NYR, Bos, or Phi are interested Regier won't be anywhere in the running.

Jammerz04
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:23 pm 
Power Forward

Sabresfansince1980 wrote:
Buffalo wouldn't have to worry about the cap hit of they put Hecht on LTIR. I'd be ok if this deal was more of a buy situation than a straight up trade, because Brown would be under contract and a long term upgrade over Boyes and possibly/probably Stafford also. If they want to shop Brown, why would they want Boyes or Stafford?

Not sure what LA would want beside a D-man, but Gragnani probably won't cut it unless there's a 1st/2nd rd pick and a prospect. Sekera or Weber plus might be about right, but I'll assume for now that if NYR, Bos, or Phi are interested Regier won't be anywhere in the running.

Ya Darcy does intend to over rate our players a lot. So I'm sure asking price for any of them is pretty high. But hopefully Darcy can move some cap otherwise we are looking at basically the same team for next year minus a couple of underachievers who will probably replaced by other underachievers.

I'd definately offer up Sekera or Leopold instead of Weber since most our D-Men are offensive minded and Weber along with Regher seem to be the only ones who have defense on there minds.

I wouldn't mind taking Penner off there hands. Try something new? We could use another LW. I know he's been shitty but I'd rather his contract then Stafford's. He's only got 1 year left after this season and that would clear almost 10 mill if Roy leaves also during UFA season after next season. I have a feeling Parise will stay in NJ seeing how they are committing themselves to winning now and bringing in important pieces. I think Brown would be a good choice even though he's not a center not many are available so I doubt we'd improve anything over Roy as a #1. I'd def offer up a 2nd rounder along with stafford and sekera (maybe a mid-level prospect) for penner and brown?

Los9090
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:43 pm 
Superstar Goalie

Apparently Brown is off the trading block now

OldTimeHockey
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:09 pm 
PP Quarterback

jvaccaro6 wrote:
OldTimeHockey wrote:

To be honest, Stafford for Brown straight up is pretty fair, if we throw in a decent pick. If they want one of our defensive men they have to give us something in return, such as a prospect or a pick. Grags or Sekera can at least fetch a 2nd rounder on their own.

I like where you're going with this...

IMO, isn't Stafford in the $4.5M range? Brown is currently making $3.2M...and he hits and uses his size. Maybe I'm throwing an ill-fitting label on Stafford, but he's Kotalik to me..he has size, but I see Gerbe throwing his body around the walls more often.

OldTimeHockey
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:10 pm 
PP Quarterback

Los9090 wrote:

I heard, but I'm not sure I believe it yet. Its more hope than anything, but the source seems to have a good idea of the Kings organization.

Jammerz04
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:33 pm 
Power Forward

OldTimeHockey wrote:
Los9090 wrote:

I heard, but I'm not sure I believe it yet. Its more hope than anything, but the source seems to have a good idea of the Kings organization.

Ya LA's GM is a hard read.