It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
sabresindc
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:36 pm 
Captain Clutch

A little. I just get concerned since our "high scoring offensive system" hasn't been all to high scoring in the past several seasons. Then when they go against a team like Boston or Philly they just get pummeled. I hope they decide to get tougher over the summer (not holding my breath) because I seen Boston just rolling over them next season now that Kassain and Gaustad is gone.

It's a phrase that basically means, if you wanna see the Sabres at the top, turn the rankings.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:42 pm 
Cup Winner

Jammerz04 wrote:
Vanek_Fanatic_26 wrote:
patkane88 wrote:
Vanek_Fanatic_26 wrote:
You guys are joking, right? Darcy might have just pulled off the steal of the century with this one.

You can't be serious can you?? The steal of the century?? Really??

For a guy who's a rookie of the year candidate? Yes. Maybe the steal of the century. I am not joking.

No way steal of the century. Kassian is one hell of a player. The guy WILL be Vancouver's answer to Milan Lucic. Hodgson's a good player but in all honesty we have how many small centers now add another one to the mix with the departure of Gaustad and Kassian this team just got a whole lot smaller and weaker. Love the idea of Gaustad leaving but Kassian, how the hell do we step up to other teams like Boston in physicality way?

People are saying that we are favoring Kassian are just as guilty as favoring Hodgson on this one. Kassian and Gragnani have more upside then Hodgson and Sulzer (whoever the fuck that is).

Hodgson has 33 points in 801 minutes of icetime, that is really pretty good. Put it into perspective here, Roy has 35 points in 1144 minutes of icetime.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

sabresindc
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:45 pm 
Captain Clutch

I just don't like how some in the hockey world is saying that this is a massive gamble for either team. Here's hoping that Darcy is wearing his lucky underwear

It's a phrase that basically means, if you wanna see the Sabres at the top, turn the rankings.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:52 pm 
Cup Winner

sabresindc wrote:
A little. I just get concerned since our "high scoring offensive system" hasn't been all to high scoring in the past several seasons. Then when they go against a team like Boston or Philly they just get pummeled. I hope they decide to get tougher over the summer (not holding my breath) because I seen Boston just rolling over them next season now that Kassain and Gaustad is gone.

What are you talking about?

Since the lockout we have been 5th, 1st, 4th, 13th, 10th, 9th, and this year we are 25th in offense.

I don't know about you, but these past few years, we've been fine on offense.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:57 pm 
Hart Winner

LOL I didn't see shit from Gaustad or Kassian when we destroyed Boston 6-0. I don't know if Kassian was playing but Goose to Lucic is an easy whoop ass. Kassian would be, too.

Squanto
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:02 pm 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

Talk to people from Rochester. Kassian has had moments there too, but not consistently providing what is expected from him him.

From what I've read out of people who have watched him play regularly, Foligno is going to be the one that fills the role we expect from Kassian.

sabresindc
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:12 pm 
Captain Clutch

Squanto wrote:
Talk to people from Rochester. Kassian has had moments there too, but not consistently providing what is expected from him him.

From what I've read out of people who have watched him play regularly, Foligno is going to be the one that fills the role we expect from Kassian.

Folino definitely has a much better scoring ability

Last edited by sabresindc on Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

YankeeInRaleigh
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:14 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

sabresindc wrote:
Squanto wrote:

Folino has a much better scoring ability

If the above statements are true, how come Kass got the time up here, not Foligno?

jordano
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:15 pm 
Two-Way Center

YankeeInRaleigh wrote:
sabresindc wrote:
Squanto wrote:

If the above statements are true, how come Kass got the time up here, not Foligno?

Kassian was NHL ready (size wise). I think Foligno has a year or two left to improve overall :lol: .

#1 Hockey Nation.

Last edited by jordano on Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Displaced Fan
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:16 pm 
Superstar Goalie

Hodgson's numbers are way better than zack's. We just got a guy who is buried behind center depth in Vancouver and now he gets a chance to play in a lead role. I'm not making predictions, I'm just saying that I think this may prove to be a nice addition for us.

jvaccaro6
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:17 pm 
Certifiably Hotter than ETC

At 6'3 227 Foligno doesn't need to fill out any more, lol. His game is too inconsistent for the NHL. He's shown flashes of offensive brilliance but is inconsistent with his game. He will be competing for a 3/4th line spot next year in camp, given that he continues to work hard, and improve all aspects of his game including conditioning.

Squanto 7/27/2010

sabresindc
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:19 pm 
Captain Clutch

YankeeInRaleigh wrote:
sabresindc wrote:
Squanto wrote:

I can only assume they though he was more NHL ready than Folino. He has more consistent double digit goal scoring than Kassain but I haven't seen him play. He may not be as much of a prolific puck handler as kassian is but that is pure speculation on my part

jordano
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:20 pm 
Two-Way Center

jvaccaro6 wrote:
At 6'3 227 Foligno doesn't need to fill out any more, lol. His game is too inconsistent for the NHL. He's shown flashes of offensive brilliance but is inconsistent with his game. He will be competing for a 3/4th line spot next year in camp, given that he continues to work hard, and improve all aspects of his game including conditioning.

I didn't mean in size, I meant improve his all around skill. I guess it cam out wrong haha

#1 Hockey Nation.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:23 pm 
Cup Winner

Displaced Fan wrote:
Hodgson's numbers are way better than zack's. We just got a guy who is buried behind center depth in Vancouver and now he gets a chance to play in a lead role. I'm not making predictions, I'm just saying that I think this may prove to be a nice addition for us.

One other thing, Hodgson is 5th in rookie scoring, but 64th in rookie icetime.

Rud wrote:

sabresindc
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:24 pm 
Captain Clutch

Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
Displaced Fan wrote:

Ok, I got it the last couple times you posted. I also believe we were discussing Folino v Kassain and why they chose Kassain over Folino to be brought up this season

I'll say I'm cautiously optimistic that we made out in this team. Now will this kid be able to play "Lindy's system?"

Last edited by sabresindc on Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:26 pm 
Cup Winner

sabresindc wrote:
Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
Displaced Fan wrote:

Ok, I got it the last couple times you posted. I also believe we were discussing Folino v Kassain and why they chose Kassain over Folino to be brought up this season

I was saying it in general for anyone else.

The big question now is, what number is Hodgson gonna wear? He wore 9 in Vancouver, and Roy already has it. Does Cody tke Roy out back and shoot him or what does he do?

Rud wrote:

YankeeInRaleigh
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:30 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhgCaHsidSY&feature=fvst

After checking out the above video...i'm feeling a lot better about this trade. Notice this kids awesome puck deflecting abilities. Sorry about the music, not my video :)

jvaccaro6
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:34 pm 
Certifiably Hotter than ETC

jordano wrote:
jvaccaro6 wrote:

I didn't mean in size, I meant improve his all around skill. I guess it cam out wrong haha

Ahh I got you. Yeah his game needs more consistency, his physicality is always good, but his skills with the puck, and away from the puck offensively need some extra work.

Squanto 7/27/2010

Squanto
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:39 pm 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

jvaccaro6 wrote:

He's a Foligno. He'll be working hard. His #1 quality in Rochester is his work ethic.

And I believe I saw Hodgson is wearing #12.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:40 pm 
Cup Winner

Squanto wrote:
jvaccaro6 wrote:

He's a Foligno. He'll be working hard. His #1 quality in Rochester is his work ethic.

And I believe I saw Hodgson is wearing #12.

I'd rather him take Roy out back and shoot him though.

Rud wrote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next