It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Stuuuuuuu
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:47 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Howie Hodge wrote:
Hodgson has a serious set of hands; and can perform highlite moves. He's also a smaller center.

Kassian appeared uninterested at time s here. Was it him being told to cool it; or was he just not that enthusiastic?

Time will tell. However; Roy, Hodgson, and Tyler Ennis make us small up the middle. Adam is bigger; but often doesn't play big.

If Hodgson can utilize his wingers though; he can't help but help.

While it does make the team smaller, since Gragnani and Kassian didn't play much here, if you look at it objectively, I think they are better on the ice right now than they were yesterday by switching out Hodgson for Gaustad. As you say, time will tell in the end.

NYIntensity
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:49 pm 
Superstar Goalie

SabresBillsFan wrote:
This is the reason why Darcy should be shit canned. Yes I understand we needed Center help but in a division with Boston who is tough on this team now? What a joke he is as a GM. Sorry but Vancouver won this deal. Plus Hodgsen had an injury that kept him out awhile last year.

Apparently you didn't watch when we fleeced Boston 6-0. We didn't do it with fists.

NYIntensity
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:51 pm 
Superstar Goalie

sabresindc wrote:
Ok, my bad. I haven't kepted up with the West all that much. So this guy will be a massive goal scoring sensation for this team now that he's away from the Sedins....at least that's what I getting from some of the previous posts

Goals win hockey games (along with guts, yes). Time will tell, but I expect this kid to be our next star (that may or may not be primarily wishful thinking).

Kassian is not going to be a star.

Stuuuuuuu
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:51 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

sabresindc wrote:
Ok, my bad. I haven't kepted up with the West all that much. So this guy will be a massive goal scoring sensation for this team now that he's away from the Sedins....at least that's what I getting from some of the previous posts

He didn't play with the Sedins, he played on the 3rd line. Now he'll probably play on the top two lines. Doesn't mean he's gonna be a sensation, but he's played well with limited time and you'd think he's only gonna get better with more ice time and possibly some better wingers.

Jammerz04
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:54 pm 
Power Forward

Vanek_Fanatic_26 wrote:
patkane88 wrote:
Vanek_Fanatic_26 wrote:
You guys are joking, right? Darcy might have just pulled off the steal of the century with this one.

You can't be serious can you?? The steal of the century?? Really??

For a guy who's a rookie of the year candidate? Yes. Maybe the steal of the century. I am not joking.

No way steal of the century. Kassian is one hell of a player. The guy WILL be Vancouver's answer to Milan Lucic. Hodgson's a good player but in all honesty we have how many small centers now add another one to the mix with the departure of Gaustad and Kassian this team just got a whole lot smaller and weaker. Love the idea of Gaustad leaving but Kassian, how the hell do we step up to other teams like Boston in physicality way?

People are saying that we are favoring Kassian are just as guilty as favoring Hodgson on this one. Kassian and Gragnani have more upside then Hodgson and Sulzer (whoever the fuck that is).

patkane88
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:00 pm 
Captain Clutch

I hope Hodgson lives up to what he was doing in Vancouver but something in my gut tells me he won't. I sure hope I am wrong.

Twitter @BUrbanowicz13

PuckSniperPensel
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:00 pm 
Page Side

Alright... I'll say it.

Kassian fucking blows. He never hit hard. He had two fights; one was fun, the other he got one lucky punch to KO a guy.

He NEVER skated hard on a consistent basis. You'd think the guy would want to never stop moving out there to solidify a spot in the Sabres lineup, but he didn't do it.

He's got all kinds of raw ability, but ZERO drive.

Toughness can be reacquired during the offseason. A guy like Hodgson... that kind of opportunity RARELY presents itself. This is a great deal.

Hodgson is in his rookie season, and he's now the 4th leading scorer on the Buffalo Sabres, two points back from Roy. His coaches in the OHL have said he's a game breaker and a leader.

So what do you want; a guy who skates like he doesn't give a shit because he's got size and toughness, or a guy who could lead this team to a cup someday? This should be a no brainer!

patkane88
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:01 pm 
Captain Clutch

I laugh at people who say Kassian won't be a star. How do you people know that???

Twitter @BUrbanowicz13

PuckSniperPensel
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:02 pm 
Page Side

patkane88 wrote:
I laugh at people who say Kassian won't be a star. How do you people know that???

Watch him skate glide.

patkane88
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:03 pm 
Captain Clutch

PuckSniperPensel wrote:
patkane88 wrote:

Watch him skate glide.

So that makes him not a potentional star??

Twitter @BUrbanowicz13

sabresindc
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:05 pm 
Captain Clutch

NYIntensity wrote:
SabresBillsFan wrote:
This is the reason why Darcy should be shit canned. Yes I understand we needed Center help but in a division with Boston who is tough on this team now? What a joke he is as a GM. Sorry but Vancouver won this deal. Plus Hodgsen had an injury that kept him out awhile last year.

Apparently you didn't watch when we fleeced Boston 6-0. We didn't do it with fists.

Not fists, no, but they matched their toughness one to one. Boston didn't expect that from the Sabres and it set them back on their heals. That's why Boston didn't play like that the other night. Interested that the most physical game the Sabres played was under Patrick...hmmmm.

It's a phrase that basically means, if you wanna see the Sabres at the top, turn the rankings.

sabresindc
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:08 pm 
Captain Clutch

patkane88 wrote:
PuckSniperPensel wrote:
patkane88 wrote:

Watch him skate glide.

So that makes him not a potentional star??

Your forgetting Lindy's system. They have to skate like they have a rocket strapped to their asses to be good. Doesn't matter if you can muscle your way past a line of defenders then skate around the goal still fending off defenders, then get the puck to a goal scorer all the while maintaining complete control of the puck.

It's a phrase that basically means, if you wanna see the Sabres at the top, turn the rankings.

AudSabres
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:12 pm 
Superstar Goalie

Kassian has shown signs of being a real strong power forward, but as PSP pointed out, he does seem at times to be gliding and not moving his feet. Not all the time, mind you.

With as much potential BZK has, I think I'd be REALLY pissed if they moved Foligno.

He's a middling AHL player who had the good fortune of a drunk arbitrator. - The Squanto re: Tim Kennedy

Howie Hodge
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:13 pm 
Star Sniper

Again, I feel the question is whether Kassian really wants to be a player or not. I felt he was kept on a leash here; but I don't know that.

A smaller center in the Northeast is not exactly what the doctor ordered. He will make the highlite reel a couple times though.

But, in fairness; we all knew the season was a lost one - even if we make it into 8'th. We have some additional assets to perhaps make a couple upgrades in the offseason.

Then again it is Darcy we're talking here, so we'll just have to wait and see (or not see.)

-Bowler, imitating Freddy Blassie, at the very first M & G.

NYIntensity
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:13 pm 
Superstar Goalie

sabresindc wrote:
NYIntensity wrote:
SabresBillsFan wrote:

Interested that the most physical game the Sabres played was under Patrick...hmmmm.

That's a completely different argument ;)

sabresindc
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:14 pm 
Captain Clutch

PSP, how many times have you seen Kassian cough up the puck??? A few rare times when he didn't get enough support in time.... Unfortunately you can skate fast but if you can't maintain control of the puck then you just gave up an odd man rush. Which, not surprising, the Sabres are damn good at especially playing against the trap.

So we should be expecting to see Hodgson on our #1 line in the next couple games then. I expect to see a few goals from this phenom you speak highly of

sabresindc
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:14 pm 
Captain Clutch

NYIntensity wrote:
sabresindc wrote:
NYIntensity wrote:
SabresBillsFan wrote:

Interested that the most physical game the Sabres played was under Patrick...hmmmm.

That's a completely different argument ;)

LOL, yeah I know

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:23 pm 
Cup Winner

patkane88 wrote:

How do you he'll be a star, your statement goes both ways PK88.

Just because you're touted highly means shit in the NHL. The ones who become stars work the hardest to do so.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

sabresindc
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:28 pm 
Captain Clutch

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/canucks-sabres-pull-off-last-minute-deadline-blockbuster-215012192.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Quote:
What we have here, clearly, is two elite NHL prospects changing hometowns, and if either one of them fails to live up to expectations, this could be seen as a massive steal for one side in a few years. It's a massive gamble, the sort of gutsy deal that could blow up in either side's face, or turn out quite well for everyone.

Stuuuuuuu
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:30 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

sabresindc wrote:
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/canucks-sabres-pull-off-last-minute-deadline-blockbuster-215012192.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Quote:
What we have here, clearly, is two elite NHL prospects changing hometowns, and if either one of them fails to live up to expectations, this could be seen as a massive steal for one side in a few years. It's a massive gamble, the sort of gutsy deal that could blow up in either side's face, or turn out quite well for everyone.

Heart rate going down a little over there?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next