It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Displaced Fan
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:41 pm 
Superstar Goalie

Squanto wrote:
jvaccaro6 wrote:
At 6'3 227 Foligno doesn't need to fill out any more, lol. His game is too inconsistent for the NHL. He's shown flashes of offensive brilliance but is inconsistent with his game. He will be competing for a 3/4th line spot next year in camp, given that he continues to work hard, and improve all aspects of his game including conditioning.

He's a Foligno. He'll be working hard. His #1 quality in Rochester is his work ethic.

And I believe I saw Hodgson is wearing #12.

Dude Jim Kelly is gonna be pissed. :D

sabresindc
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:47 pm 
Captain Clutch

YankeeInRaleigh wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhgCaHsidSY&feature=fvst

After checking out the above video...i'm feeling a lot better about this trade. Notice this kids awesome puck deflecting abilities. Sorry about the music, not my video :)

At least he can hit an open net unlike Gerbe :o I'm reserve my judgment until after this kid has time to play Lindy's system.

It's a phrase that basically means, if you wanna see the Sabres at the top, turn the rankings.

ksquier89
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:48 pm 
PP Quarterback

Does this kid remind anyone of another player on our team....Maybe one who deflects goals better then maybe anyone in the NHL. Thomas Vanek??

Displaced Fan
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:50 pm 
Superstar Goalie

All I have to say is that I can't wait to see him play. Would love to see him with Vanek

sabresindc
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:55 pm 
Captain Clutch

They very well might team him up with Vanek. That could be interesting pairing

It's a phrase that basically means, if you wanna see the Sabres at the top, turn the rankings.

motzie12ak
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:05 pm 
Garbage Man

Vancouver fans were really pissed that they lost Hodgson or CoHo as they call him. Vancouver pretty much called him their 'future' so I'd say we made out on the deal

sabresindc
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:06 pm 
Captain Clutch

I reserve my judgement until I see him play

ksquier89
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:48 pm 
PP Quarterback

sabresindc wrote:
They very well might team him up with Vanek. That could be interesting pairing

Leaning more towards pairing CoHo with Leino and Stafford. Put a playmaking passer out there with a shitbrick who can't hit the net. There had been a problem for awhile with this, the lack of a good screening/deflecting player parked in front of the net. This works with Pommers and Vanek. So chuck retard the rock and let him swing his absurd shots wide of the net and hope CoHo redirects those bastards.

ksquier89
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:02 pm 
PP Quarterback

Kid looks like a beast. I am diggin' this trade.

Sabresfansince1980
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:04 pm 
Star Sniper

I'm late to this party after work, a plumbing job in the basement, and a virus to kill on my puter.

This was a good to very good trade for Buffalo. Let's assume Kassian and Hodgson are equal in talent and potential. If they are, Buffalo still needs more talent and potential at C than at RW, so if that is the case it's a good trade for each team. Hodgson though, has actually proven himself more early on. Even with Kassian's size and toughness, he didn't make as much impact, and his potential looks to be a tough 3rd or possibly 2nd line RW. I don't see Kassian being more than an occasional 20 goal scorer, but only if he's playing with a playmaker at C, because he lacks the skating and hands to make plays himself.

Hodgson has more talent and is showing more right now, with potential as at least a 2nd line C with scoring and playmaking ability. He's got a great attitude and isn't small at 6'0" and almost 190 lbs. MAG and Sulzer are just minor pieces...depth D-men with one being young with potential and the other older and a pending UFA. I'm more than happy to ditch MAG if it was necessary to get Hodgson.

Anyway...good trade and Vancouver fans aren't too happy with it so that should tell people something.

ksquier89
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:10 pm 
PP Quarterback

Kid is jacked.

Howie Hodge
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:14 pm 
Star Sniper

By virtue of the fact we would get knocked around pretty good IF we did take 8'th, I'd say we were sellers.

A small team just got smaller. Hodgson is 5'10" and 175 lbs tops. I don't care what they list him at, I watch all the West Coast games; and he's no 6 footer.

I'd have felt a lot better if we'd have picked up John Scott from Chicago (Rangers picked up) as well today. He's a big, bad man.

However; we weren't going to win anything this year. If this allows for other moves to be made over the summer, I'm okay with it.

Again; Kassians consistency looked to be a possible issue. Mind you, he will take time to develop, as players of his size almost always do; unless they're Mario Lemieux.....

-Bowler, imitating Freddy Blassie, at the very first M & G.

sabresindc
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:21 pm 
Captain Clutch

Well nothing is set with this kid until he starts playing in Lindy's system. He very well may shit the bed like the majority of our "goal scorers."

ksquier89 wrote:
Does this kid remind anyone of another player on our team....Maybe one who deflects goals better then maybe anyone in the NHL. Thomas Vanek??

uh, no

ksquier89
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:27 pm 
PP Quarterback

sabresindc wrote:
Well nothing is set with this kid until he starts playing in Lindy's system. He very well may shit the bed like the majority of our "goal scorers."

ksquier89 wrote:

uh, no

A lot of those deflections were very Vanek-esque.

Los9090
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:28 pm 
Superstar Goalie

Great trade, Jay told me he would take skill for grit any day. I have to agree

Nuthatch
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:54 pm 
Penalty Killer

I'm willing to give it a chance. We need a center, badly, and scoring. Kassian may or may not pan out.... and he was not a scoring center. Kassian also didn't seem to be trying really hard either. I wish him good luck.
Thank goodness they took Grags off our hands!

Nuthatch
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:59 pm 
Penalty Killer

The big question now is, what number is Hodgson gonna wear? He wore 9 in Vancouver, and Roy already has it. Does Cody tke Roy out back and shoot him or what does he do?

Okay. Works for me. :D

Nuthatch
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:01 pm 
Penalty Killer

AHHHH! WTH happened? Somebody merged the threads while I was posting??
Way to make me feel like an idiot! LOL :doh:

Displaced Fan
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:02 pm 
Superstar Goalie

Haha! First merge as a mod and I pissed off nuthatch. Nice.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:04 pm 
Hart Winner

Howie Hodge wrote:
By virtue of the fact we would get knocked around pretty good IF we did take 8'th, I'd say we were sellers.

A small team just got smaller. Hodgson is 5'10" and 175 lbs tops. I don't care what they list him at, I watch all the West Coast games; and he's no 6 footer.

I'd have felt a lot better if we'd have picked up John Scott from Chicago (Rangers picked up) as well today. He's a big, bad man.

However; we weren't going to win anything this year. If this allows for other moves to be made over the summer, I'm okay with it.

Again; Kassians consistency looked to be a possible issue. Mind you, he will take time to develop, as players of his size almost always do; unless they're Mario Lemieux.....

He's 6'0, don't understand the arguing there... Also, who cares if we got rid of Kassian, who rarely plays up here, and Gaustad, who gets bent over in every fight he's in. We have Kaleta, McCormick, Regher, Tropp, and Weber to fight sometimes.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next