It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

SabresBillsFan
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:35 pm 
Power Forward

With San Jose being eliminated it's almost a guarantee that Marleau or Thornton will be moved. I don't know about you guys but I'm not interested in either. If Darcy is entertaining ideas to move any of our top 4 picks in the first 44 and players please don't go after either of them. I think I would make another move to acquire some young players in the same age group with Myers, Ennis, and Hodgson. It should be interesting to see what kind of moves he can make to improve this team for next year but to also get some scoring prospects in the system because this team hardly any offensive firepower coming.

PatGreen
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:53 am 
PP Quarterback

I'd take either one any day amd twice on sunday. I don't see either being moved for anything less than a spectacular deal.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:27 pm 
Hart Winner

yes by all means lets not go after a 1st line center, something that has alluded us for all of these years...

Sabresfansince1980
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:14 pm 
Star Sniper

Well, if there is a choice between giving up players for a top center a few years over age 30 at a high cap hit, or getting a top center in the draft for free that is just 1-2 years away at a rock bottom price, I hope Regier goes for the rookie.

Our best veteran players will still be in their prime in 1-2 years, so I don't see Buffalo having to be in a hurry to get top talent if that player is over 30.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:23 pm 
Hart Winner

Sabresfansince1980 wrote:
Well, if there is a choice between giving up players for a top center a few years over age 30 at a high cap hit, or getting a top center in the draft for free that is just 1-2 years away at a rock bottom price, I hope Regier goes for the rookie.

Our best veteran players will still be in their prime in 1-2 years, so I don't see Buffalo having to be in a hurry to get top talent if that player is over 30.

I don't see us trading for the top draft pick, either. Nor do I see us getting a top draft pick in the next few years.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:51 pm 
Cup Winner

BlueandYellow wrote:
yes by all means lets not go after a 1st line center, something that has alluded us for all of these years...

1st line centers are overrated, we like to have unproven guys and third line centers in 1st line roles.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:37 pm 
Captain Dynasty

wasnt hodgson brought in to be groomed into the number 1 role?

daz28
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:52 pm 
Star Sniper

If you're going to blow resources, then go all out, and go for Pavelski. They'd part with him for a great package before they will accept an ok package for Marleau/Thornton. They'd hardly skip a beat in the short term, and Couture seems to be their heir apparent 1st liner, anyways. Throw Roy in, because replacing the position you lose is super valuable. Future centers are then Pavelski, Hodgson, and Ennis. Nasty. Even Lindy can't fuck this one up:

Vanek-Pavelski-Pommers
FES
Leino, Roy, Hodgson, Gerbe, Tropp, and Adam?

By Lindy's own words, "everything Luke shot was going in the net". He basically said, it was a fluke, and pulled him away from V-P for defensive lapses. Pavelski's shooting % won't be questioned, nor will his defense, making this line #Lindyproof, which keeps FES intact as well. We can throw Armia, Roy and 4 first rounders at them if we have too(EXAGGERATED). Darcy said Terry wanted them trying something, and learning. That means go for it, right? Darcy is gonna make a big trade, and it may as well be 'Lil Joe.

NYIntensity
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:26 am 
Superstar Goalie

BlueandYellow wrote:
...alluded...

eluded*

Allusion is a passing or casual reference.

Displaced Fan
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:28 am 
Superstar Goalie

NYIntensity wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:
...alluded...

eluded*

Sabresfansince1980
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:36 am 
Star Sniper

BlueandYellow wrote:

I don't see us trading for the top draft pick, either. Nor do I see us getting a top draft pick in the next few years.

Not top draft pick, but top five would do it. Still, even though I think Regier is going to try to get there, it's probably not going to happen. There's no real need to choose one route over the other though. Regier can try the draft and if it doesn't happen, then trade or UFA will be the route to take. I'd still be real careful about trading for a player with a big cap hit that's over 30 and (by definition almost) on the down side of his career.

Jammerz04
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:47 am 
Power Forward

I'd honestly pass on Thornton but Marleau would be an alright pick up but all in all my eye is on the ISlanders first rounder. We don't need to go for players with high cap hits right now. With Vanek, Miller and Pominville set to become UFA's two years from now, I say we save our money for then and bring in the right players. I think it's close or even over $20 Million we clear that season.

PuckSniperPensel
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:47 pm 
Page Side

Don't want any of those bums. Bring in Jordan Staal.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:02 pm 
Hart Winner

NYIntensity wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:
...alluded...

eluded*

my bad

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:03 pm 
Hart Winner

BlueandYellow wrote:

Not top draft pick, but top five would do it. Still, even though I think Regier is going to try to get there, it's probably not going to happen. There's no real need to choose one route over the other though. Regier can try the draft and if it doesn't happen, then trade or UFA will be the route to take. I'd still be real careful about trading for a player with a big cap hit that's over 30 and (by definition almost) on the down side of his career.

Top five is still pretty hefty considering that's where most of the weight of the draft is.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:38 pm 
Cup Winner

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
wasnt hodgson brought in to be groomed into the number 1 role?

That's what I thought too.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.