It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

patkane88
 Post subject: Bobby Ryan
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:36 pm 
Captain Clutch

Heard on tsn and various other media places that Ducks Bobby Ryan is very much in play.

Thoughts??

Twitter @BUrbanowicz13

ironyisadeadscene
 Post subject: Re: Bobby Ryan
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:21 am 
Captain Dynasty

anahiem GM and 3 scouts were in attendance tonight.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:21 am 
Hart Winner

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
anahiem GM and 3 scouts were in attendance tonight.

link???

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:24 am 
Captain Dynasty

www.internet.com/goggle.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:26 am 
Captain Dynasty

http://www.queencitysports.net/the-bobb ... t-i-think/

guy has a press pass with the sabres so its something. he knows some stuff.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:29 am 
Captain Dynasty

also:

http://twitter.com/#!/hockeybreak

HockeyBreak Hockey Break
The names Nikolai Kulemin, Mikhail Grabovski, Andrei Kostisyn, and Drew Stafford have all come up in trade talks involving Bobby Ryan...

RE: Bobby Ryan, most of the interest comes from the NE division. As I've been saying for weeks, rare case where star may be moved depth.

supposedly, schenn and kadri could be part of the ryan dead as well.

ksquier89
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:59 am 
PP Quarterback

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
also:

http://twitter.com/#!/hockeybreak

HockeyBreak Hockey Break
The names Nikolai Kulemin, Mikhail Grabovski, Andrei Kostisyn, and Drew Stafford have all come up in trade talks involving Bobby Ryan...

RE: Bobby Ryan, most of the interest comes from the NE division. As I've been saying for weeks, rare case where star may be moved depth.

supposedly, schenn and kadri could be part of the ryan dead as well.

Wait, wait. Let me get this right. They want players with some skill to fill voids? That is most of our team. Get them set up like a police lineup and have the Ducks take their pick of the litter.

ksquier89
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:08 am 
PP Quarterback

Players we reserve the rights to-Gerbe, Vanek, Pominville, Kassian, Goose, McCorm, McNabb, and Kaleta. I want to throw Ennis in there as well because his ceiling is sky high.
Everyone else I could part ways with and have no emotion associated with the transaction at all.

hockeyplaya00
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:32 am 
Penalty Killer

ksquier89 wrote:
Players we reserve the rights to-Gerbe, Vanek, Pominville, Kassian, Goose, McCorm, McNabb, and Kaleta. I want to throw Ennis in there as well because his ceiling is sky high.
Everyone else I could part ways with and have no emotion associated with the transaction at all.

Id say that the only players on the no trade line are Gerbe, Vanek, and Pominville. To a lesser extent Kassian and McNabb but I can still see at least one of them being moved. Kaleta mind as well be gone already in my mind, he doesnt really have a spot on this team.

ksquier89
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:45 am 
PP Quarterback

No way we move Goose. I think he should have donned the "C" going into the season. He is the type of player you want representing your team when things like the Miller incident come along. If he were the Captain there is no way in hell things shake down the same way. Goose basically sacrificed himself against Lucic the next game against Boston. He knew he was going to get housed, and so did the team, but he did it because he had to. It was the thing to go. Pominville is a rational mediator and Gaustad is the leader.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:05 pm 
Captain Dynasty

from the sounds of it. gerbe could be involved in the deal as well. we cant just send garbage for other teams treasures.

Ehle_Aficionado
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:08 pm 
First Rounder

Gerbe/Goose/Stafford and and a 3rd rounder for Ryan straight up. This would make me a happy panda.

©2006

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:11 pm 
Captain Dynasty

Ehle_Aficionado wrote:
Gerbe/Goose/Stafford and and a 3rd rounder for Ryan straight up. This would make me a happy panda.

itll probably be something like:

ennis/stafford/pysyk/gerbe/1st. im totally comfortable moving a first and pysyk for someone of bobby ryans ilk. maybe take ennis out. but ive also heard mcnabb AND kassian as well.

Ehle_Aficionado
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:18 pm 
First Rounder

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
Ehle_Aficionado wrote:

ennis/stafford/pysyk/gerbe/1st. im totally comfortable moving a first and pysyk for someone of bobby ryans ilk. maybe take ennis out. but ive also heard mcnabb AND kassian as well.

Ennis/vanek/pommers are the ONLY guys I don't want moved. anyone else is fine.

©2006

PuckSniperPensel
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:18 pm 
Page Side

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
Ehle_Aficionado wrote:

I'd never surrender Gerbe or Ennis. Never never never. Give them Stafford, a first, and a prospect. Or Stafford, a first, a 2nd, and a prospect.

So far this season, Gerbe has 1 more point than Ryan and the intangibles that teams need to win in the playoffs, and Ennis is a future game breaker.

You can't put so much stock into Bobby Ryan's talent, who's played with Getzlaf and Perry his whole career.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:22 pm 
Captain Dynasty

PuckSniperPensel wrote:
ironyisadeadscene wrote:
Ehle_Aficionado wrote:

I'd never surrender Gerbe or Ennis. Never never never. Give them Stafford, a first, and a prospect. Or Stafford, a first, a 2nd, and a prospect.

So far this season, Gerbe has 1 more point than Ryan and the intangibles that teams need to win in the playoffs, and Ennis is a future game breaker.

You can't put so much stock into Bobby Ryan's talent, who's played with Getzlaf and Perry his whole career.

to get talent, you gotta move some players you like to get someone you need.

PuckSniperPensel
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:34 pm 
Page Side

I understand that. I'm willing to pay for talent. I just think you're overrating Bobby Ryan's talent.

ksquier89
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:43 pm 
PP Quarterback

PuckSniperPensel wrote:
I understand that. I'm willing to pay for talent. I just think you're overrating Bobby Ryan's talent.

This^^^^ in a big way. No trade: Ennis, Vanek, Pominville, Gerbe, Goose. That is it. Like I said before they can take the pick of whatever of the litter we have besides them. They are not allowed to take our runt though. :lol:

ksquier89
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:48 pm 
PP Quarterback

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
PuckSniperPensel wrote:
ironyisadeadscene wrote:
Ehle_Aficionado wrote:

to get talent, you gotta move some players you like to get someone you need.

You also have to realize when a team is in desperation mode and willing to make a move that would otherwise seem dumb to shake up a franchise. Somone offers to trade you a gold plate for three of your plastic plates because he has 3 total guests, you take the gold plate. He only made the offer because he needs it. Exploit the situation and use our depth to our advantage.

The Rev
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:10 pm 
Emergency Call-Up

I'm gonna try to offer perception of some European fan..

The whole idea about Ryan in Buffalo is not so bad, because I just don't believe that Derek Roy should be our top center, he has almost NO chemistry with Vanek. Thinking about Vanek.. I noticed he's done a big step forward since the last season. He is like badass now, he fights for the puck in the corner or behind the net, he gives out some serious hits and mainly, I see him as some kind of a playmaker. Almost every pass from him is about 17 times better than from anybody else maybe except Leino, who has a decent pass, but struggles in other things.
Well, about the trade.. There are Stafford, probably Ennis and my thoughts are something like Leduc, Pysyk, maybe McNabb. Ok, "getting rid" of Stafford would make sense. He is nowhere near the top 3 forward, his mind is sort of weak. When the game starts, he has like confidence 0. If he does well, his confidence goes up and he playes well. But most of the time, that's not the case. We would also loose some strength we have in Stafford. Then there is Ennis. I wouldn't give up him. I remember he played very well in playoffs against Boston and Philly I mean how many players that show themselves in playoffs we have? And finally. I wouldn't give up D prospect at all, Pysyk and McNabb look like these are the players we're missing. We miss defenseman that actually can defense pretty bad. 3 months ago or so I wrote there that I would go after Suter and now, after 24 matches, I would go after him even more. Nashville (will) have problems to retain Weber and Suter and if we want to pull the trigger and actually do something that can potentially help us tremendously, now is the time. Let Ryan go anywhere he wants and get there Suter.