It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:24 pm 
Hart Winner

NYIntensity wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:
NYIntensity wrote:
Nuthatch wrote:
At least Kaleta has heart, and fire.

How many games has that won us?
He doesn't have a brain, or skill, or much size, either. Gerbe has heart and fire, and he gets shrugged off more often than not.

How many games can heart and toughness win when everything else is in the shitter?

Both for naught when you don't have some level of skill (I'm not equating sacrificing your body to block a shot as skill, either).

Every team has a guy who does everything but score. You need those guys. The reason we're losing isn't because of an abundance of people who are like Kaleta, we have Staffords, who do absolutely nothing.

Squanto
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:39 am 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

I think that's a good point right there.

Kaleta still does a great job drawing, and killing, penalties, and provides good solid grit, all at a reasonable price. Stafford is just a waste of space, probably Darcy's worst contract in a LONG time. (Maybe even worse than Leino.)

I don't want a team full of Kaletas, like the early Ruff years, but Kaleta and Ott on the same team is perfect for me.

Montalo
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:57 am 
PP Quarterback

One thing i can say about kaleta, at least he isnt as useless as John Scott.

Displaced Fan
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:31 pm 
Superstar Goalie

I honestly don't give a rat's ass what happens as long as it's not the same Darcy shit. I mean, on a long enough time frame the chances of being good at some point is relatively plausible. Patience.

Nuthatch
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:09 pm 
Penalty Killer

Montalo wrote:

Hey! Back off there, mister! Scott fulfills a very important role on this team- Menacing Figure On The Bench! His job is to glare at Lucic, crack his knucles a few times, and perhaps leer at him with a gap-toothed smile if he looks to be getting too uppity. ;)

Jammerz04
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:02 am 
Power Forward

Displaced Fan wrote:
I honestly don't give a rat's ass what happens as long as it's not the same Darcy shit. I mean, on a long enough time frame the chances of being good at some point is relatively plausible. Patience.

I don't know man patience is all we hope for here in buffalo. With the bills and the sabres always the same story. Patience.

It's time we do something with this new owner we have. And I think if we handle the Ott, Pominville, Miller and Vanek situations next year or perhaps this year we could make a push in a few years. I'd keep Ott and Vanek the other two can be traded. Millers getting old and his performance isn't really as good as it used to be. I'd honestly make a pitch for Bernier this summer. But that's just me. I wouldn't do to much spending this offseason as Malkin is slated to become UFA that year as well maybe Black can get him to come here? That's just me hoping for good things and with all that insane money laying around after next year.

Vanek_Fanatic_26
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:41 am 
PP Quarterback

Nuthatch wrote:
Montalo wrote:

Hey! Back off there, mister! Scott fulfills a very important role on this team- Menacing Figure On The Bench! His job is to glare at Lucic, crack his knucles a few times, and perhaps leer at him with a gap-toothed smile if he looks to be getting too uppity. ;)

A gap-toothed smile, you say?

@TJLuckman550

Jammerz04
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:21 am 
Power Forward

Vanek_Fanatic_26 wrote:
Nuthatch wrote:
Montalo wrote:

A gap-toothed smile, you say?

heres another one

Attachments:
neil_chris.jpg
neil_chris.jpg [ 26.14 KiB | Viewed 6231 times ]

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:38 pm 
Cup Winner

How come everyone says Miller wants out of Buffalo for?

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

Jammerz04
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:16 pm 
Power Forward

Anything new on the rumor front in the Sabres end?

I'm just asking because the Pens just acquired Morrow from Dallas so hopefully the Sabres can pull something off to help them for this playoff push. Honestly I hope we get rid of Leopold and just have Pardy up for the rest of the year. Don't need something as useless as him.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:41 pm 
Hart Winner

Jammerz04 wrote:
Anything new on the rumor front in the Sabres end?

I'm just asking because the Pens just acquired Morrow from Dallas so hopefully the Sabres can pull something off to help them for this playoff push. Honestly I hope we get rid of Leopold and just have Pardy up for the rest of the year. Don't need something as useless as him.

Iginla's a no show, I know that. I don't know how much validity this holds but I've been told we've been talking to San Jose. Probably B.S but whatevs.

Jammerz04
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:44 am 
Power Forward

Man I wish Shero was our GM. Morrow, Iginla, and Murray all within days of each other.

Common Darcy do something to save face.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:47 am 
Cup Winner

And the Pens will fail to win the Stanley Cup once again.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

Jammerz04
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:55 am 
Power Forward

Common guys/gals deadline is only days away let's get this thread going!!

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:40 pm 
Hart Winner

Jammerz04 wrote:
Man I wish Shero was our GM. Morrow, Iginla, and Murray all within days of each other.

Common Darcy do something to save face.

You blame Darcy because one out of 30 GM's did a shit ton of moves? The Sabres wouldn't need any of those players. They're cup runners and were the only ones available most likely.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:57 pm 
Hart Winner

Oh and BTW Ryan Miller has signed a list of eight teams he will NOT accept a trade to. Looks like something's a brewin, per TSN.

Jammerz04
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:24 pm 
Power Forward

BlueandYellow wrote:
Oh and BTW Ryan Miller has signed a list of eight teams he will NOT accept a trade to. Looks like something's a brewin, per TSN.

Link?

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:25 pm 
Hart Winner

Jammerz04 wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:

Link?

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=419382

Jammerz04
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:04 pm 
Power Forward

BlueandYellow wrote:
Jammerz04 wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:

Link?

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=419382

thanks.

awesome hopefully we've seen the last of him.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:23 pm 
Hart Winner

I've heard San Jose and Tampa being a runner for Millzie, but not sure how much weight that holds.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next