It is currently Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:24 pm 
Offline
Hart Winner
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:42 pm
Posts: 9770
Location: Buffalo, NY
NYIntensity wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:
NYIntensity wrote:
Nuthatch wrote:
At least Kaleta has heart, and fire.

How many games has that won us?
He doesn't have a brain, or skill, or much size, either. Gerbe has heart and fire, and he gets shrugged off more often than not.

How many games can heart and toughness win when everything else is in the shitter?


Both for naught when you don't have some level of skill (I'm not equating sacrificing your body to block a shot as skill, either).

Every team has a guy who does everything but score. You need those guys. The reason we're losing isn't because of an abundance of people who are like Kaleta, we have Staffords, who do absolutely nothing.

_________________
"Counting all the assholes in the room, I'm definitely not alone!" ~ Michael Poulsen, Volbeat, Still Standing.


Top
 Profile  
 
Squanto
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:39 am 
Offline
Carlos Spicy-Wiener
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:31 am
Posts: 9240
Location: FAP TURBO
I think that's a good point right there.

Kaleta still does a great job drawing, and killing, penalties, and provides good solid grit, all at a reasonable price. Stafford is just a waste of space, probably Darcy's worst contract in a LONG time. (Maybe even worse than Leino.)

I don't want a team full of Kaletas, like the early Ruff years, but Kaleta and Ott on the same team is perfect for me.


Top
 Profile  
 
Montalo
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:57 am 
Offline
PP Quarterback
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:09 pm
Posts: 1631
Location: Buffalo, NY
One thing i can say about kaleta, at least he isnt as useless as John Scott.

_________________
PSA: I am an overly sarcastic person. If you take me at my word, then i will most likely anger and offend you.


Top
 Profile  
 
Displaced Fan
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:31 pm 
Offline
Superstar Goalie
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:34 am
Posts: 4097
I honestly don't give a rat's ass what happens as long as it's not the same Darcy shit. I mean, on a long enough time frame the chances of being good at some point is relatively plausible. Patience.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Nuthatch
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:09 pm 
Offline
Penalty Killer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:39 pm
Posts: 593
Montalo wrote:
One thing i can say about kaleta, at least he isnt as useless as John Scott.


Hey! Back off there, mister! Scott fulfills a very important role on this team- Menacing Figure On The Bench! His job is to glare at Lucic, crack his knucles a few times, and perhaps leer at him with a gap-toothed smile if he looks to be getting too uppity. ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
Jammerz04
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:02 am 
Offline
Power Forward
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:45 pm
Posts: 1254
Displaced Fan wrote:
I honestly don't give a rat's ass what happens as long as it's not the same Darcy shit. I mean, on a long enough time frame the chances of being good at some point is relatively plausible. Patience.


I don't know man patience is all we hope for here in buffalo. With the bills and the sabres always the same story. Patience.

It's time we do something with this new owner we have. And I think if we handle the Ott, Pominville, Miller and Vanek situations next year or perhaps this year we could make a push in a few years. I'd keep Ott and Vanek the other two can be traded. Millers getting old and his performance isn't really as good as it used to be. I'd honestly make a pitch for Bernier this summer. But that's just me. I wouldn't do to much spending this offseason as Malkin is slated to become UFA that year as well maybe Black can get him to come here? That's just me hoping for good things and with all that insane money laying around after next year.

_________________
"If you want to know what I've been doing lately, I've been driving around from Tim Horton's to Tim Horton's, rolling up the rim. Haven't won anything yet. Thanks." - Lindy Ruff


Top
 Profile  
 
Vanek_Fanatic_26
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:41 am 
Offline
PP Quarterback
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:24 am
Posts: 1998
Location: Buffalo
Nuthatch wrote:
Montalo wrote:
One thing i can say about kaleta, at least he isnt as useless as John Scott.


Hey! Back off there, mister! Scott fulfills a very important role on this team- Menacing Figure On The Bench! His job is to glare at Lucic, crack his knucles a few times, and perhaps leer at him with a gap-toothed smile if he looks to be getting too uppity. ;)


A gap-toothed smile, you say?

Image

_________________
Girgensons for captain. Team Keep Nick DesLauriers forever.

@TJLuckman550


Top
 Profile  
 
Jammerz04
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:21 am 
Offline
Power Forward
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:45 pm
Posts: 1254
Vanek_Fanatic_26 wrote:
Nuthatch wrote:
Montalo wrote:
One thing i can say about kaleta, at least he isnt as useless as John Scott.


Hey! Back off there, mister! Scott fulfills a very important role on this team- Menacing Figure On The Bench! His job is to glare at Lucic, crack his knucles a few times, and perhaps leer at him with a gap-toothed smile if he looks to be getting too uppity. ;)


A gap-toothed smile, you say?

heres another one


Attachments:
neil_chris.jpg
neil_chris.jpg [ 26.14 KiB | Viewed 2113 times ]

_________________
"If you want to know what I've been doing lately, I've been driving around from Tim Horton's to Tim Horton's, rolling up the rim. Haven't won anything yet. Thanks." - Lindy Ruff
Top
 Profile  
 
Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:38 pm 
Offline
Cup Winner
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:34 pm
Posts: 13019
Location: North Carolina
How come everyone says Miller wants out of Buffalo for?

_________________
CriminallyVu1gar wrote:
No need for violence, just tell her she's got a game misconduct and show her the door.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.


Top
 Profile  
 
Jammerz04
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:16 pm 
Offline
Power Forward
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:45 pm
Posts: 1254
Anything new on the rumor front in the Sabres end?

I'm just asking because the Pens just acquired Morrow from Dallas so hopefully the Sabres can pull something off to help them for this playoff push. Honestly I hope we get rid of Leopold and just have Pardy up for the rest of the year. Don't need something as useless as him.

_________________
"If you want to know what I've been doing lately, I've been driving around from Tim Horton's to Tim Horton's, rolling up the rim. Haven't won anything yet. Thanks." - Lindy Ruff


Top
 Profile  
 
BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:41 pm 
Offline
Hart Winner
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:42 pm
Posts: 9770
Location: Buffalo, NY
Jammerz04 wrote:
Anything new on the rumor front in the Sabres end?

I'm just asking because the Pens just acquired Morrow from Dallas so hopefully the Sabres can pull something off to help them for this playoff push. Honestly I hope we get rid of Leopold and just have Pardy up for the rest of the year. Don't need something as useless as him.

Iginla's a no show, I know that. I don't know how much validity this holds but I've been told we've been talking to San Jose. Probably B.S but whatevs.

_________________
"Counting all the assholes in the room, I'm definitely not alone!" ~ Michael Poulsen, Volbeat, Still Standing.


Top
 Profile  
 
Jammerz04
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:44 am 
Offline
Power Forward
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:45 pm
Posts: 1254
Man I wish Shero was our GM. Morrow, Iginla, and Murray all within days of each other.

Common Darcy do something to save face.

_________________
"If you want to know what I've been doing lately, I've been driving around from Tim Horton's to Tim Horton's, rolling up the rim. Haven't won anything yet. Thanks." - Lindy Ruff


Top
 Profile  
 
Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:47 am 
Offline
Cup Winner
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:34 pm
Posts: 13019
Location: North Carolina
And the Pens will fail to win the Stanley Cup once again.

_________________
CriminallyVu1gar wrote:
No need for violence, just tell her she's got a game misconduct and show her the door.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.


Top
 Profile  
 
Jammerz04
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:55 am 
Offline
Power Forward
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:45 pm
Posts: 1254
Common guys/gals deadline is only days away let's get this thread going!!

_________________
"If you want to know what I've been doing lately, I've been driving around from Tim Horton's to Tim Horton's, rolling up the rim. Haven't won anything yet. Thanks." - Lindy Ruff


Top
 Profile  
 
BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:40 pm 
Offline
Hart Winner
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:42 pm
Posts: 9770
Location: Buffalo, NY
Jammerz04 wrote:
Man I wish Shero was our GM. Morrow, Iginla, and Murray all within days of each other.

Common Darcy do something to save face.

You blame Darcy because one out of 30 GM's did a shit ton of moves? The Sabres wouldn't need any of those players. They're cup runners and were the only ones available most likely.

_________________
"Counting all the assholes in the room, I'm definitely not alone!" ~ Michael Poulsen, Volbeat, Still Standing.


Top
 Profile  
 
BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:57 pm 
Offline
Hart Winner
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:42 pm
Posts: 9770
Location: Buffalo, NY
Oh and BTW Ryan Miller has signed a list of eight teams he will NOT accept a trade to. Looks like something's a brewin, per TSN.

_________________
"Counting all the assholes in the room, I'm definitely not alone!" ~ Michael Poulsen, Volbeat, Still Standing.


Top
 Profile  
 
Jammerz04
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:24 pm 
Offline
Power Forward
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:45 pm
Posts: 1254
BlueandYellow wrote:
Oh and BTW Ryan Miller has signed a list of eight teams he will NOT accept a trade to. Looks like something's a brewin, per TSN.


Link?

_________________
"If you want to know what I've been doing lately, I've been driving around from Tim Horton's to Tim Horton's, rolling up the rim. Haven't won anything yet. Thanks." - Lindy Ruff


Top
 Profile  
 
BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:25 pm 
Offline
Hart Winner
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:42 pm
Posts: 9770
Location: Buffalo, NY
Jammerz04 wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:
Oh and BTW Ryan Miller has signed a list of eight teams he will NOT accept a trade to. Looks like something's a brewin, per TSN.


Link?

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=419382

_________________
"Counting all the assholes in the room, I'm definitely not alone!" ~ Michael Poulsen, Volbeat, Still Standing.


Top
 Profile  
 
Jammerz04
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:04 pm 
Offline
Power Forward
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:45 pm
Posts: 1254
BlueandYellow wrote:
Jammerz04 wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:
Oh and BTW Ryan Miller has signed a list of eight teams he will NOT accept a trade to. Looks like something's a brewin, per TSN.


Link?

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=419382


thanks.

awesome hopefully we've seen the last of him.

_________________
"If you want to know what I've been doing lately, I've been driving around from Tim Horton's to Tim Horton's, rolling up the rim. Haven't won anything yet. Thanks." - Lindy Ruff


Top
 Profile  
 
BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:23 pm 
Offline
Hart Winner
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:42 pm
Posts: 9770
Location: Buffalo, NY
I've heard San Jose and Tampa being a runner for Millzie, but not sure how much weight that holds.

_________________
"Counting all the assholes in the room, I'm definitely not alone!" ~ Michael Poulsen, Volbeat, Still Standing.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron