It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:44 pm 
Cup Winner

And the Wild are using the Captains line by the way.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

sabretoothpick
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:22 am 
PP Quarterback

The Wild have great lineup and great fans. I think Pominville will love it there.

Displaced Fan
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:53 am 
Superstar Goalie

Is it bad that I felt terrible for OV for a second? Ugh, getting traded to buffalo right now? Ugh.

Vanek_Fanatic_26
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:08 am 
PP Quarterback

According to Michael Russo of the Minnesota Tribune, the Sabres picked up $900K in Pominville's salary cap.

@TJLuckman550

sabretoothpick
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:11 pm 
PP Quarterback

Vanek_Fanatic_26 wrote:
According to Michael Russo of the Minnesota Tribune, the Sabres picked up $900K in Pominville's salary cap.

That sucks, so they basically traded Pominville with 1mill less cap hit. I think it was kind of a bad move. Now they have 1mill dead cap space.
The Wild gotta be excited, Pominville with 4mill cap hit is an awesome deal (Leino money).

Vanek_Fanatic_26
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:44 am 
PP Quarterback

sabretoothpick wrote:
Vanek_Fanatic_26 wrote:

That sucks, so they basically traded Pominville with 1mill less cap hit. I think it was kind of a bad move. Now they have 1mill dead cap space.
The Wild gotta be excited, Pominville with 4mill cap hit is an awesome deal (Leino money).

Yeah, but it's $4 million less on our payroll. We still get a little help while being able to help another team out. It's better than a buyout, and it's only for one season, which we have over $18M in cap space for, according to CapGeek.

@TJLuckman550

sabretoothpick
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:49 am 
PP Quarterback

Vanek_Fanatic_26 wrote:
sabretoothpick wrote:
Vanek_Fanatic_26 wrote:

Yeah, but it's $4 million less on our payroll. We still get a little help while being able to help another team out. It's better than a buyout, and it's only for one season, which we have over $18M in cap space for, according to CapGeek.

I don't see it that way. I'd love having Pominville for 4 million and even at 5 million, the contract wasn't that bad to warrant a buyout. Leino and Stafford are the buyout candidates in my book.
I'm just saying, I don't think we will get Pominvilles production and pk-ing for 4 million. Stafford has a 4 million cap hit and Leino has a 4.5 million cap hit. Pominville had the same point production as those two combined last year.

Men, when I think about it, Darcy still should be fired for Stafford's and Leino's contract. They are just horrible.

OT:
When it comes to cap hit, we have a lot of RFA's this summer. Hodgson (will get paid, expect the next big contract), Enroth, Hackett, Weber, Flynn and Adam.

I think either Enroth or Hackett will be gone at the trade deadline or in the summer (probably Enroth). Hodgson will get paid if nobody throws a crazy offer sheet at him. I'm not sure about the other three.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:17 pm 
Hart Winner

Leino was a desperate FA move. He was the only good forward left, and who knew he would blow? Hell, he might not, he started picking things up before he got hurt.

Stafford's was a contract year... THAT was boneheaded.

But those two contracts are easily fixed. Buyout, trade, what have you.

But a 1st, a 2nd, and two prospects (one who has 2 points in his first two Rochester games btw) is a steal for Pommers.

sabretoothpick
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:36 pm 
PP Quarterback

BlueandYellow wrote:
Leino was a desperate FA move. He was the only good forward left, and who knew he would blow? Hell, he might not, he started picking things up before he got hurt.

Stafford's was a contract year... THAT was boneheaded.

But those two contracts are easily fixed. Buyout, trade, what have you.

But a 1st, a 2nd, and two prospects (one who has 2 points in his first two Rochester games btw) is a steal for Pommers.

I doubt you can trad those two, buyout is more likely. It sucks that we might get nothing in return but at least their bad contracts are off the books.

Like I said before, considering we kept 900k in cap hit the move wasn't great in my opinion. We have a ton of picks and some good prospects, but the next 2 years will probably suck. It's necessary to build something but it's sad that Miller and Vanek won't get another chance to make a run with Buffalo. It's quite possible that they'll never play a playoff game for Buffalo again.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:32 pm 
Captain Dynasty

hackett was solid against albany, BTW,

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:59 pm 
Cup Winner

sabretoothpick wrote:
Vanek_Fanatic_26 wrote:
sabretoothpick wrote:
Vanek_Fanatic_26 wrote:

I don't see it that way. I'd love having Pominville for 4 million and even at 5 million, the contract wasn't that bad to warrant a buyout. Leino and Stafford are the buyout candidates in my book.
I'm just saying, I don't think we will get Pominvilles production and pk-ing for 4 million. Stafford has a 4 million cap hit and Leino has a 4.5 million cap hit. Pominville had the same point production as those two combined last year.

Men, when I think about it, Darcy still should be fired for Stafford's and Leino's contract. They are just horrible.

OT:
When it comes to cap hit, we have a lot of RFA's this summer. Hodgson (will get paid, expect the next big contract), Enroth, Hackett, Weber, Flynn and Adam.

I think either Enroth or Hackett will be gone at the trade deadline or in the summer (probably Enroth). Hodgson will get paid if nobody throws a crazy offer sheet at him. I'm not sure about the other three.

The only RFA that will get paid more than what they make now, at least significantly, but not too much as he hasn't proved anything yet is Hodgson. I still say around 3 million to 3.5 for Hodgson for at least two years. Weber isn't worth much more than 1.5 or whatever he's making now. Enroth still isn't worth more than he is making now, Adam, Flynn, and Hackett will all probably sign that QO.

Pretty much all our RFA's will sign that QO except maybe Weber.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6