It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
sabretoothpick
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:44 pm 
PP Quarterback

Pominville has 1 year left on his contract. I hope these prospects are as promising as Darcy said.

Next year will be a rebuild year and if they don't have a promising team Vanek probably will be traded trade deadline 2014. He said that he will look for other options if the rebuild lasts more than 1 year.

OldTimeHockey
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:49 pm 
PP Quarterback

BlueandYellow wrote:
Pominville isn't in the last year of his deal. He has the rest of this year and next year, per Capgeek.

If you're talking to me, you missed my point. If Pominville is a rental you don't get as much for him as he's not Jagr, Iginla, etc. Two top picks and 2 prospects for Pominville and a 4th round pick...you make that deal every time.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:53 pm 
Hart Winner

OldTimeHockey wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:
Pominville isn't in the last year of his deal. He has the rest of this year and next year, per Capgeek.

If you're talking to me, you missed my point. If Pominville is a rental you don't get as much for him as he's not Jagr, Iginla, etc. Two top picks and 2 prospects for Pominville and a 4th round pick...you make that deal every time.

He's not a rental player. He has a year left on his contract.

Stuuuuuuu
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:57 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Looking at the comments on TSN, I'm not sure that Hackett and Larsson are "scrubs". Wild fans are saying they gave away too much. Remember that Hackett is 23, which is a baby in goalie terms, and Larsson plaed in the World Juniors (and won gold as captain) last year. Just because you've never heard of someone doesn't mean they're no good.

Anyone else think that the fact they just picked up a young goalie might mean the trading of star Buffalo players might not be over?

Stuuuuuuu
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:58 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

BlueandYellow wrote:
OldTimeHockey wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:

That's what he's trying to say. If Buffalo traded Pominville in a year's time, they wouldn't get anywhere near as much. Trading a guy with one year left to maximize potential value is pretty standard these days.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:00 pm 
Hart Winner

Ohhhh my bad.

And the reason I called them scrubs was because I looked at their stats and they were less than appealing to me.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:02 pm 
Captain Dynasty

HERE it is. the 1st and 2nd is a great block, but hackett and larsson are legit prospects as well. they arnt top tier, but hackett is projected to be a very competent goaltender, even a starter down the line. larsson is a two way winger, who they say has more offensive pop than they thought. those two alone will provide NHL talent down the line, and will give rochester some talent as well going towards the playoffs. and the first and second will give the sabres some serious building blocks this june.

and i wasnt a fan of pominville. very talented, but his time was up..

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:07 pm 
Captain Dynasty

in his first year pro, larsson has 37 points in 62 games. thats not setting the world on fire, but those are solid numbers.

Stuuuuuuu
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:07 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Two legit prospects plus a 1st AND 2nd rounder seems like another good Darcy deal to me.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:13 pm 
Hart Winner

He was on pace for 49 points in 82 games in his first year in the AHL. I'm guessing we're looking at a third liner in the NHL. Hackett, no idea, goalies are weird and take time to develop.

This is a good trade, don't get me wrong. A 1st and 2nd plus the two prospects that may or may not pan out is great for Pommers. Darcy has gotten for Regher, Leopold, and Pomminville a 1st, three 2nds, a conditional 5th, and two prospects, which is amazing.

Jammerz04
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:14 pm 
Power Forward

BlueandYellow wrote:
Jammerz04 wrote:
hopefully this trade alone says that darcy can't do his job. if you don't have a good deal on the table that's not benefical to you why would you do it? he still had a year left on his contract.

Pegula do something about this. Getting pretty pathetic.

A 1st, a 2nd, and two prospect is more than what was given for Iginla. Come on now, this was a good trade.

1st and 2nd is nice but these prospects are nobodies.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:16 pm 
Captain Dynasty

Jammerz04 wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:
Jammerz04 wrote:
hopefully this trade alone says that darcy can't do his job. if you don't have a good deal on the table that's not benefical to you why would you do it? he still had a year left on his contract.

A 1st, a 2nd, and two prospect is more than what was given for Iginla. Come on now, this was a good trade.

do your homework on larsson and hackett. they arnt nobodies.

jesus...

OldTimeHockey
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:23 pm 
PP Quarterback

BlueandYellow wrote:
OldTimeHockey wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:

Are you fooling with me or something? I said if Pominville is a rental, the Sabres don't get what they got for him.

He's not a rental, we all know that, and that's why we got a good deal for him. I mean really didn't see that or are you just kinda being that way.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:24 pm 
Cup Winner

20 years old and another center. 5'10" 200 pound guy. He is rated fairly high on hockeysfuture. http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/johan_larsson/ B rated prospect in terms of probability of success. And rated a 7.0. He looks like a legit future NHLer for us.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

Stuuuuuuu
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:26 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
in his first year pro, larsson has 37 points in 62 games. thats not setting the world on fire, but those are solid numbers.

Had 36 points in 49 games in the Swedish Elite League as a 19-year old last year. The league MVP (Silfverberg) scored 54 points, and is two years older. Not bad IMO.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:27 pm 
Hart Winner

OldTimeHockey wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:
OldTimeHockey wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:

Are you fooling with me or something? I said if Pominville is a rental, the Sabres don't get what they got for him.

He's not a rental, we all know that, and that's why we got a good deal for him. I mean really didn't see that or are you just kinda being that way.

I misread your comment, I said my bad, chill.

Vanek_Fanatic_26
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:28 pm 
PP Quarterback

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
Jammerz04 wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:
Jammerz04 wrote:

do your homework on larsson and hackett. they arnt nobodies.

jesus...

Jammerz doing homework?

In all seriousness, when I heard about just Hackett and Larsson, I was pretty excited. Hackett's a kid I've had my eye on for some time. I didn't know much about Larsson other than that he was on the gold medal winning Sweden team. That was without research.

The 1st and 2nd were just bonuses for me.

From what it sounds like, Darcy wanted Mikhail Granlund. That would have been nuts.

@TJLuckman550

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:29 pm 
Hart Winner

If we would've gotten Granlund I would've creamed.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:36 pm 
Captain Dynasty

when i heard minnesota, i instantly thought "granlund?"

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:41 pm 
Cup Winner

I thought that too. But knew we weren't gonna get him.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next