It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 9:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 375 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
Squanto
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:03 pm 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

Markus wrote:
Even strength, he scored nothing, SUCKED on defense, was borderline single handedly responsible for all three of the goals he was on the ice for, and did nothing positive.

This is why I have a hard time taking any of your criticism seriously, even when you're right.

Markus
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:07 pm 
Power Forward

Squanto wrote:
Markus wrote:
Even strength, he scored nothing, SUCKED on defense, was borderline single handedly responsible for all three of the goals he was on the ice for, and did nothing positive.

This is why I have a hard time taking any of your criticism seriously, even when you're right.

I ask that you watch those 3 goals again, and re answer.

Each goal, Vanek did a very wimpy move to either A. Avoid blocking the shot B. Slash the player instead of stepping in and taking the body or C. I don't even know what he was doing on this one. He bent his ass over, but wasn't even CLOSE to where he should have been.

Watch the goals, and tell me why that's not true.

SchonyGal
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:25 am 
Franchise Defenseman

iceilypolite wrote:
Vanek is starting to remind me of Afinagenov.

You won't have to twist my arm to believe it. It would make an interesting topic in hockey. I suggest you create the thread cause the GDT will be locked soon.

End The Curse
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:01 am 
Star Sniper

Wow, it really takes someone who suffers from an obsession disorder to pin this loss on Vanek. He scored and played hard all night, but I guess when you live your life dedicated to Vanek hate you can blame him for just about anything.

Unemployment skyrocketing? Vanek.

Islamic terrorism? Vanek.

Weak dollar? Vanek.

Not getting laid? Vanek.

Makes life easier this way...

Oh lord, it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, 'cause I get better looking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh lord, it's hard to be humble, but I'm doin' the best that I can.

End The Curse
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:11 am 
Star Sniper

We will never, ever, ever beat Ottawa. Just circle the remaining 5 games we have against them as losses, because they just own our ass.

Oh lord, it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, 'cause I get better looking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh lord, it's hard to be humble, but I'm doin' the best that I can.

End The Curse
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:16 am 
Star Sniper

Once again we get dominated in two critical stats: faceoffs and blocked shots. As long as we get destoyed in those categories we will lose. Gaustad was just killed all night in the circle, as was Hecht... who is just plain awful in every aspect of the game.

Squanto
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:20 am 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

End The Curse wrote:
Wow, it really takes someone who suffers from an obsession disorder to pin this loss on Vanek. He scored and played hard all night, but I guess when you live your life dedicated to Vanek hate you can blame him for just about anything.

Weak dollar? Vanek.

Not getting laid? Vanek.

You forgot Global Warming.

End The Curse
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:21 am 
Star Sniper

Squanto wrote:
End The Curse wrote:

Weak dollar? Vanek.

Not getting laid? Vanek.

Vanek.

Markus
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:34 am 
Power Forward

End the curse, I usually respect your opinion, but if you think he played well tonight, you were watching the wrong game.

He let in 3 goals, almost by himself...

You have to cover your guys..and if you don't...i'm sorry but that is not trying hard.

If your idea of trying hard is cherry picking and slashing like a bitch and not taking the body then yes he was "trying hard"

He's the catalyst, that is why you have to be hard on him. He is tying up 7.1 million a year, and he can't play defense to save his life.

I'm just not on my knees worshipping a grown man (boy) like some of you are. I think it's just wrong.

If you celebrate everytime he scores, you certainly have to realize when he makes the boneheaded no effort plays.

Squanto
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:43 am 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

Where's your angst and commentary about Pomminville when he doesn't cover his man? How come you don't lay into Roy when he doesn't take a body?

YOU DON'T.

All these mistakes you lay into Vanek for are made by others on this team, but you don't call them out like you do Vanek.

You find fault in EVERYTHING Vanek does. When he does something good, you have a reason why that wasn't THAT good. When he does something poorly, you point out how correct you are about how horrible he is.

You complain about his contract, although that's a knock on Darcy, not Vanek.

You think that anyone who says anything positive about Vanek is sucking him off or something. We're not. We're being fairly objective.

Unlike you.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:05 am 
Cup Winner

End The Curse wrote:
Squanto wrote:
End The Curse wrote:

Weak dollar? Vanek.

Not getting laid? Vanek.

Vanek.

So that is why I'm not getting laid, it's all Vaneks Fault afterall.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

Markus
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:10 am 
Power Forward

I disagree with that, not everyone is evenly objective.

I think the majority of Sabre's fans are those "OMG GOALS!!!" I LOVE TEH VANEK!! type

Where as I want to see players that can win games. Pommers and roy mess up a lot, but atleast they are moving.

Vanek simply doesn't expend energy that normal human beings do.

Where as today, the game is visual evidence that Vanek simply lost the game for us. Watch each minus he contracted today. Don't tell me those weren't his fault.

He is just another Satan, and those players should be run out of town.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:39 am 
Captain Dynasty

get a new shtick, please. your obsession with knocking vanek down a peg is old hat. you may make valid points, but your looking at this like a guy checking his girlfriends cellphone for proof she is cheating. she may not be cheating, but you are going to find SOMETHING to get pissed off about.

patkane88
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:42 am 
Captain Clutch

Timbo Slice wrote:
HipKat wrote:
Why is Lalime in against Ottawa??
(I missed the 1st and 2nd per.)

Lalime has been good. Rest of the team has sucked.

Not ttrying to be a dick but I have heard this everytime he is in net. I never watched the game but how the hell does Ottawa, who has really sucked lately, score 5 goals on him?? I will give Lalime 1 more game and if still has not let in more than 4 goals a game then I think it's time to go and get a back up who can actually win a fucking game.

Twitter @BUrbanowicz13

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:04 am 
Cup Winner

patkane88 wrote:
Timbo Slice wrote:
HipKat wrote:
Why is Lalime in against Ottawa??
(I missed the 1st and 2nd per.)

Lalime has been good. Rest of the team has sucked.

Not ttrying to be a dick but I have heard this everytime he is in net. I never watched the game but how the hell does Ottawa, who has really sucked lately, score 5 goals on him?? I will give Lalime 1 more game and if still has not let in more than 4 goals a game then I think it's time to go and get a back up who can actually win a fucking game.

Ottawa sucking lately? You're an idiot if you think Ottawa has bee sucking lately. they blewout Pittsburgh 6-2 the other night. Ottawa is not as bad as they were last year.

They have won three straight now. Ottawa has not been sucking lately. You just say crap to keep everything you say positive or you seem to think write stuff down that you have no idea about. Ottawa has been 5-4-1 in their last ten, not exactly sucking lately patkane88.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 375 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19