It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 228 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
Howie Hodge
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:32 pm 
Star Sniper

End The Curse wrote:
We have no top two lines, and all of the underperformers are locked in stone for the next 29 years. As my great grandmother always used to say, we're totally fucked.

Too much of a coincidence that the well has run dry on all of them. While they need to get their collective acts together, I will blame the sacred cow of Buffalo for this. He is great and getting players to underachieve.

-Bowler, imitating Freddy Blassie, at the very first M & G.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:16 am 
Hart Winner

Howie Hodge wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:
1. We need snipers
2. We need talent
3. A new backup goalie
4. GET RID OF CONNOLLY, ROY, POMINVILLE, VANEK, AND MACARTHUR!

We need those things to happen.

Not happening. If you want different results, it's not coming from trades; you need to look in a different direction.

I hope they go on a roll and win 10 in a row, and score 6 goals a game, but there is no reason to believe anything, under the current direction of this team, will change too much.

I wasn't saying that was going to happen. I'm saying for them to win something they NEED that to happen.

Howie Hodge
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:20 am 
Star Sniper

BlueandYellow wrote:
Howie Hodge wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:
1. We need snipers
2. We need talent
3. A new backup goalie
4. GET RID OF CONNOLLY, ROY, POMINVILLE, VANEK, AND MACARTHUR!

We need those things to happen.

Not happening. If you want different results, it's not coming from trades; you need to look in a different direction.

I hope they go on a roll and win 10 in a row, and score 6 goals a game, but there is no reason to believe anything, under the current direction of this team, will change too much.

I wasn't saying that was going to happen. I'm saying for them to win something they NEED that to happen.

But something can happen; does Darcy have the balls to make it happen?

End The Curse
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:53 am 
Star Sniper

Sorry, Howie, I'm just not with you on the "blame Lindy not the players" bandwagon. Wasn't he "coach of the year" two weeks ago?

Ruff can tweak the lineup, and do what he can to make the best out of what he's got, but there is only so much a coach can do. Scotty Bowman in his prime couldn't win in Buffalo without the right players, and neither can Ruff.

I put the blame on the players front and center, and on the front office that invested in them. Besides, Ruff ain't never goin' nowhere, so it's a moot point..

Oh lord, it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, 'cause I get better looking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh lord, it's hard to be humble, but I'm doin' the best that I can.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:59 am 
Hart Winner

End The Curse wrote:
Sorry, Howie, I'm just not with you on the "blame Lindy not the players" bandwagon. Wasn't he "coach of the year" two weeks ago?

Ruff can tweak the lineup, and do what he can to make the best out of what he's got, but there is only so much a coach can do. Scotty Bowman in his prime couldn't win in Buffalo without the right players, and neither can Ruff.

I put the blame on the players front and center, and on the front office that invested in them. Besides, Ruff ain't never goin' nowhere, so it's a moot point..

Right now, I think our goaltending needs a new backup, and on Def we get rid of Butler. Tallinder maybe but he has been playing good lately. And on offense, let's just say I hope they all tear their ACL's except for Grier and Kaleta.

Howie Hodge
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:06 am 
Star Sniper

End The Curse wrote:

You find where ole Howie ever touted Lindy as Coach Of The year.

These players have been productive under Lindy; and now they're not. It's not like they're old.

Bowman was his own GM; so his biggest failure was that of a GM; not coach. He was paranoid of all the veteran's; so he isolated them (Gil Perreault) or traded them (Danny Gare, Larry Playfair.)

If Ruff is going nowhere; then we are all fucked.

I will rescind this if Regier can deal our top six, and get better players to replace them. He can't, largely as they are all underacheiving.

Either some players must go; or Lindy must go. Players don't move much anymore due to salary cap issues. We only have one option.

If admiration of Lindy is more important than possible success; then stay the course, and fuck the chances of this team.

I am typing this, and laughing my ass off hearing Caddyshack in the background...

End The Curse
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:33 am 
Star Sniper

I know, I'm watching Caddyshack, too! Right now the Baby Ruth bar is making its grand entrance.

Oh lord, it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, 'cause I get better looking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh lord, it's hard to be humble, but I'm doin' the best that I can.

Howie Hodge
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:37 am 
Star Sniper

Judge Smails; the antithesis of what's to hate in this country, but is usually overlooked!! :lol: :lol:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 228 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12