It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 392 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next
Yhoshi
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:27 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Image ÄT Image

Quote:
Die Buffalo Sabres sind ein US-amerikanisches Eishockeyfranchise der National Hockey League aus Buffalo, New York. Es wurde am 22. Mai 1970 gegründet und nahm zum Beginn der Saison 1971/71 den Spielbetrieb auf. Die Teamfarben sind marineblau, gold, silber und weiß. Das Logo der Sabres zeigt den stilisierten Kopf eines Amerikanischen Bisons in den Vereinsfarben.

Die Sabres tragen ihre Heimspiele in der HSBC Arena aus und gingen aus der großen Erweiterung der Liga in den späten 1960er bis frühen 1970er Jahren hervor, als die Teilnehmerzahl sukzessive von sechs auf 18 aufgestockt wurde. Nachdem sich das Team schnell in der Liga etablierte hatte, erreichte es 1975 sowie 1980 zweimal das Finale um den prestigeträchtigen Stanley Cup, das beide Male verloren ging. Nach einer längeren Durststrecke wiederholte Buffalo den Erfolg im Jahr 1999, ehe sie acht Jahre später die Spielzeit erstmals als punktbestes Team – ausgezeichnet mit der Presidents' Trophy – beendeten.

Quote:
WGR -
With the New York Rangers coming to town the biggest worry is
Marian Gaborik who leads the league with 21 goals despite missing two games. Ales Kotalik is next on the team with six. The former Sabre has half is goals on the power play, but has the worst plus/minus on the team at minus 12. For years we saw Kotalik score most of his goals on one timers from the point or slot. Lindy Ruff knows what needs to be done, "You look at Al's shot and it's as hard as anybody's in the league. When he finds the lane he can find a hole and he's been an asset to their power play, it's part of their make up where they put him in a shooting position. There's some times when you can't get to the lane and there are some times when Ryan's going to have to be aware of that that's the play they're looking for. We're going to try to limit his opportunities, we want our discipline in the game to be real good where we don't give the Rangers a lot of opportunities." In typical Ales Kotalik form which fans in Buffalo watched for years, Kotalik has not scored in nine games and has just one goal in his last 15 games. He's on a pace for 19 goals. Only five players in the league are worse than Kotalik's minus 12.

Last edited by Yhoshi on Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:57 pm 
Hart Winner

The second most goals on the team is SIX?!?!?! Horrible team. With no Gaborik they are worse than TO!

End The Curse
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:58 pm 
Star Sniper

Butler out...not happy about that.

Oh lord, it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, 'cause I get better looking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh lord, it's hard to be humble, but I'm doin' the best that I can.

mechaphil
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:59 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

Butler out, Patches in?

Hammygoodness
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:00 pm 
More Heart Than Skill

Gaborik is lights out! The Rangers, minus Gaborik, would look like they were playing with the lights out.

Ham

VanekKing
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:26 pm 
Penalty Killer

BlueandYellow wrote:
The second most goals on the team is SIX?!?!?! Horrible team. With no Gaborik they are worse than TO!

The second most goals on our team is 8.. That's just a step up from 6.. Are you saying we are a step up from horrible??

KILL OTTAWA

Timbo Slice
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:03 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

We need to put a beat down on these guys. They really are not a good hockey team. If we are on our game, and skating, then we should win by at least 3 goals.

sabresindc
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:07 pm 
Captain Clutch

ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS........

It's a phrase that basically means, if you wanna see the Sabres at the top, turn the rankings.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:06 pm 
Hart Winner

VanekKing wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:

The second most goals on our team is 8.. That's just a step up from 6.. Are you saying we are a step up from horrible??

Without Miller yeah pretty much.

fly as hale
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:16 pm 
Mrs. Miller

I fucking hate the Rangers.

Hockey Night in Buffalo

mechaphil
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:53 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

fly as hale wrote:

As soon as I saw that Caro had posted in this GDT, this is exactly what I knew she had typed. EXACTLY :lol: :lol: :lol:

End The Curse
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:16 pm 
Star Sniper

I want to see Kaleta v. Avery. Pat got himself a good tune up with a big boy in Mara last night, so he should be in good fighting shape...

Oh, and I really want to see Enroth play. Miller needs a night off.

Oh lord, it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, 'cause I get better looking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh lord, it's hard to be humble, but I'm doin' the best that I can.

mechaphil
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:22 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

I think that ever since he literally broke his face, Kaleta and Mara is one of the better rivalries in the game today. Especially last night - for a guy who allegedly turtles, he was throwing hooks from on his back like there was no tomorrow.

I think that Enroth should play tomorrow just to give him some more NHL experience, especially if the Habs don't choke this game away and keep the Bruins away from the Sabres' lead. That way, if they lose or only get one point, they still have the lead in the division, but if they win, it really boosts Enroth's confidence and gives him plenty more learnin'.

Timbo Slice
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:26 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing Jhonas in. Rangers aren't that great offensively, and I think we'll score some goals to help him.

VanekKing
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:46 pm 
Penalty Killer

BlueandYellow wrote:
VanekKing wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:

Without Miller yeah pretty much.

I agree that without Miller, this team is average at best...

But what does Miller have anything to do with the 2nd leading scorer on our team??

KILL OTTAWA

sabretime30
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:40 am 
Brawler

fly as hale wrote:

Second that :)

fly as hale
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:55 am 
Mrs. Miller

I saw a girl at work today wearing a Drury Rangers jersey. I was prepared to give her a stare down and be rude, but she walked away. :lol:

Hockey Night in Buffalo

psychemedisabrefan
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:09 am 
Franchise Defenseman

i'm definitely siked to see enroth play again. not so much to see gaborik in the blue and red.

psychemedisabrefan
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:10 am 
Franchise Defenseman

definitely hoping enroth can shut the door on the rags. would be a good audition, like a slap in the face to darcy saying keep me up.

iceilypolite
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:17 am 
Power Forward

No cold medicine for me this game. I missed waaay tooo much fun in the GDT last game!!

Nice picture Sabresindc!

I do miss Drury and will always be a fan of his.

Goooooooooooo Sabres!!

We simply continue to fly.........on a broomstick...
We are flexible like that ....

Last edited by iceilypolite on Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 392 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next