Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Yhoshi
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:50 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

NEW JERSEY DEVILS

VS.

BUFFALO SABRES

3rd Win of 10 a games winning streak. get a good soda and watch.

without Vanek

Last edited by Yhoshi on Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jammerz04
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:01 pm 
Power Forward

well good news is that they don't have brodeur. hoping for a win. lets barely get into the playoffs and win it all like the la kings.

sabres win 5-4

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:39 pm 
Hart Winner

lol Kovalchuck you fuck up

Jammerz04
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:17 pm 
Power Forward

What a slow game.

Jammerz04
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:21 pm 
Power Forward

Shorty baby

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:31 pm 
Hart Winner

Um. What did Pomminville do, exactly??? These refs fucking blow tonight.

OldTimeHockey
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:03 pm 
PP Quarterback

Can someone explain why we give up so many shots per game? Is it the system we play which includes giving up the blueline line it's unimportant? Give that we don't limit shots to the outside all the time, it just seems to me that if we change this, we might me able to let Ryan Miller take off a game. Given that Miller's usually at the or near the top in shots faced (and usually about 4-6th in minutes played) it just seems like a big change is needed.

Miller can win a game facing over 30 and even 40 shots, but generally the backup netminder can't.

Jammerz04
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:14 pm 
Power Forward

Are all NHL refs paid to make calls not in our favor? They've missed like 3 penalties that I've seen so far not called against the devils.

Jammerz04
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:20 pm 
Power Forward

OldTimeHockey wrote:
Can someone explain why we give up so many shots per game? Is it the system we play which includes giving up the blueline line it's unimportant? Give that we don't limit shots to the outside all the time, it just seems to me that if we change this, we might me able to let Ryan Miller take off a game. Given that Miller's usually at the or near the top in shots faced (and usually about 4-6th in minutes played) it just seems like a big change is needed.

Miller can win a game facing over 30 and even 40 shots, but generally the backup netminder can't.

Honestly our D is basically all offensive minded; the good ones anyway. We need a whole new revamp of our D. Myers and Ehrhoff probably not going anywhere. A lot of the D is heading for ufa status this offseason so this could be the best year to do that.

Jammerz04
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:21 pm 
Power Forward

What the Hecht?

OldTimeHockey
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:25 pm 
PP Quarterback

F U Sekera...weak clear with lands right onto the stick of the Devil at the Blue line..puck in front of the net, score. Sad thing is Pegula pays Ehrhoff much more to do the same thing.

Man this team sucks are doing the simplest things.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:29 pm 
Hart Winner

Sabres break out:

Rifle puck around boards
Puck hits opposing player and is not kept out

OldTimeHockey
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:30 pm 
PP Quarterback

Jammerz04 wrote:
OldTimeHockey wrote:

Honestly our D is basically all offensive minded; the good ones anyway. We need a whole new revamp of our D. Myers and Ehrhoff probably not going anywhere. A lot of the D is heading for ufa status this offseason so this could be the best year to do that.

That makes sense and I have no problem with the D getting up ice, but it seems we we better at picking our spots to do that in past seasons.

I'm just tired of seeing 36 shots against each night and 26-28 of them coming in the first two periods. If they locked it down better in the first two periods maybe we get to the third with a lead more often?

OldTimeHockey
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:33 pm 
PP Quarterback

..and my center ice goes out.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:35 pm 
Hart Winner

Jammerz04 wrote:
OldTimeHockey wrote:

Weber, Regher, and Pardy are not offensively minded. Sekera is the only one who is offensive that you would want to get rid of. How is that revamping our "offensive" defense?

OldTimeHockey
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:39 pm 
PP Quarterback

BlueandYellow wrote:
Jammerz04 wrote:
OldTimeHockey wrote:

Weber, Regher, and Pardy are not offensively minded. Sekera is the only one who is offensive that you would want to get rid of. How is that revamping our "offensive" defense?

This also makes sense, but why is it them that we gave up 13 and 13 shots in the first 2 periods and with 2 minutes left in the 3rd , the Sabres have given up 5 shots.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:43 pm 
Hart Winner

OldTimeHockey wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:
Jammerz04 wrote:
OldTimeHockey wrote:

This also makes sense, but why is it them that we gave up 13 and 13 shots in the first 2 periods and with 2 minutes left in the 3rd , the Sabres have given up 5 shots.

If you're asking me why the D sucks, I don't know. It's a mystery.

OldTimeHockey
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:46 pm 
PP Quarterback

Really dumb play by Regher there...way to give the opponent a chance to finish out the game and if not go into OT with a man advantage.

OldTimeHockey
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:47 pm 
PP Quarterback

BlueandYellow wrote:
OldTimeHockey wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:
Jammerz04 wrote:
OldTimeHockey wrote:

If you're asking me why the D sucks, I don't know. It's a mystery.

Yeah, it's a mystery. We shouldn't be this bad on D.

OldTimeHockey
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:50 pm 
PP Quarterback

Ehrhoff shoots wide...ugh. Looking a bit Zhitnik today?