It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PuckSniperPensel
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:21 pm 
Page Side

sabresindc wrote:
Maybe I didn't see the same game you all have. Everyone in the league was watching them to see how they responded after Shanahan fucked'em in the ass. Sooooo they basically stand around for 40 minutes and go down 2-0 because of their shitty defense. Then the last 20 minutes they actually realized that everyone thinks they're pussies and actually play with a some heart and actually tie it. Then Cole decides to press his luck (because the Sabres are pussies) and take a shot at Enroth. Do they do anything....Uh no, they can't even make them pay by scoring a damn goal on the power play, deja vu anyone?

But hey GREAT WIN!!!!! I guess....

Enroth stuck his arm out. I personally think Jhonas was trying to draw the penalty, and that the Sabres reacted appropriately. Cole was trying to get them to respond with a brawl that would have given the Habs a power play.

In my opinion, an event like that needs to trigger one of two things; you choose to either go all out brawl and defend your goaltender, or step up and play good enough hockey to win a game and punish a team on the score board.

If the Sabres had won that game in Boston, the lack of physical response to the Lucic hit wouldn't have been as big of deal. Lindy Ruff would have said the same thing he said about Philly in 2006. "They wanted to act like idiots, and we just wanted to play hockey."

Problem was, the Sabres didn't put in the effort they needed to beat Boston after that hit occurred, and after the game was lost from them, they didn't do anything physically in the third.

Fight or win. Or both. But don't do nothing.

sabresindc
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:56 pm 
Captain Clutch

PuckSniperPensel wrote:
Enroth stuck his arm out. I personally think Jhonas was trying to draw the penalty, and that the Sabres reacted appropriately. Cole was trying to get them to respond with a brawl that would have given the Habs a power play.

In my opinion, an event like that needs to trigger one of two things; you choose to either go all out brawl and defend your goaltender, or step up and play good enough hockey to win a game and punish a team on the score board.

If the Sabres had won that game in Boston, the lack of physical response to the Lucic hit wouldn't have been as big of deal. Lindy Ruff would have said the same thing he said about Philly in 2006. "They wanted to act like idiots, and we just wanted to play hockey."

Problem was, the Sabres didn't put in the effort they needed to beat Boston after that hit occurred, and after the game was lost from them, they didn't do anything physically in the third.

Fight or win. Or both. But don't do nothing.

Ok, I see your point and we won last night...winning is good. I really wasn't that upset when they didn't go after Cole. I would rather have had them end it on that power play but the still won. Hard fought, extremely. Should it have been, not at all. If they played with passion and fire from the beginning it would have been a totally different game. That's why I was a little pissed off.

It's a phrase that basically means, if you wanna see the Sabres at the top, turn the rankings.

AudSabres
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:08 pm 
Superstar Goalie

sabresindc wrote:
If they played with passion and fire from the beginning it would have been a totally different game.

They need to find that balance as to what type of game they want to play night in and night out. I agree though, once everyone found that fire in them, they really came together.

What I seen from the opening faceoff though was a team that was confused as to what identity they should have. Seemed like some were questioning where they should be, how they should be playing but then you had guys Goose taking things to a bit of a different level. I guess some were on one side of the scale and some on the other.

End of the day, we got the win. As ugly as it was, build on it and get ready for Jersey tomorrow night.

He's a middling AHL player who had the good fortune of a drunk arbitrator. - The Squanto re: Tim Kennedy

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6