It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
AudSabres
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:15 am 
Superstar Goalie

Streams:

http://www.justin.tv/sabresfeed01#/w/2038299968/2
http://www.justin.tv/bsn362?

Will we see Miller VS Miller tonight? Time will tell.

As per Sabres.com
Quote:
RED WINGS (15-7-1) at SABRES (13-10-1)

TV: NHLN-US (HD), FS-Detroit (HD), MSG-Buffalo

LAST 10: Detroit 8-2-0; Buffalo 4-5-1

Season Series: This is the first of two meetings between the teams, the other is on Jan. 16 on Detroit. In their only meeting last season, Pavel Datsyuk tallied in regulation and again in the shootout to lift the Red Wings to a 3-2 win on Feb. 26.

Big Story: Since 1995-96, Detroit has won 17 of 21 matchups against Buffalo, and they come to First Niagara Center on a roll. The Red Wings kick off December winners of six in a row and sit near the top of the Western Conference. Meanwhile, the injury-depleted Sabres are coming off a home loss to the New York Islanders - a team currently ranked 15th in the Eastern Conference - and have lost four of five.

Team Scope:

Red Wings: On their most recent upswing, Detroit has regained its status as the cream of the Western crop. Only one win on its streak has come by a one-goal margin, and that was the Discover Thanksgiving Showdown in which they beat Boston at TD Garden 3-2 in a shootout to end the Bruins' 10-game winning streak.

"I think we've done a lot of good things," coach Mike Babcock said. "We're playing with more tempo."

However, compared to their sparkling home record, Detroit has been just average away from Joe Louis Arena -- they are just 5-5-0 despite having won their last three away from home.

Sabres: While Detroit was burning through the month of November, Buffalo was hobbling. The Sabres sustained the most November injuries in the League, which resulted in a lackluster 7-6-1 record. Their most recent casualty was defenseman Jordan Leopold, who left during the first period against New York with an upper-body injury.

Add Leopold to the long list of key Sabres who will miss the showdown with Detroit, a list so well-spread around the ice as to be especially crippling. There is the usual starter in net, Ryan Miller, who is still going through his battery of concussion tests. Then there are the defenders: Leopold, Mike Weber (upper body) and Tyler Myers (broken wrist). Rounding it out are four forwards,Brad Boyes (right leg),Patrick Kaleta (groin),Tyler Ennis (ankle) and Cody McCormick (upper body).

Who's Hot: Datsyuk has five goals and five assists during Detroit's win streak. … Buffalo's Jordan Hecht has goals in his last two games. Hecht has only been in the lineup for four games since returning from a preseason concussion.

Injury Report: Aside from Patrick Eaves - who suffered a broken jaw when he was hit by a slap shot Saturday against Nashville - the Red Wings are healthy. … Leopold is expected to miss a week with his upper-body injury, while Ennis and Kaleta are both game-time decisions.

Stat Pack: These teams don't play often, but certain Wings use the rare affair to pad their offensive stats. Nicklas Lidstrom has two goals and 20 assists in his last 23 games against Buffalo, and Henrik Zetterberg has five assists in as many meetings with the Sabres. Datsyuk scored goals in each of the last two, as well as the shootout winner last season. … Detroit has scored power-play goal in five straight visits to the First Niagara Center.

Puck Drop: "I haven't even sat down and talked to the coaches about (a return date) because I haven't finalized anything with the doctors. They want to know how I feel after some really intense days of practice." - Miller on the timetable for his return from concussion. His backup, Jhonas Enroth is 8-4-1 but has never faced the Red Wings

He's a middling AHL player who had the good fortune of a drunk arbitrator. - The Squanto re: Tim Kennedy

Last edited by AudSabres on Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PuckSniperPensel
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:09 am 
Page Side

FINLEY SMASH!

Also very excited about Tyler Ennis' return. A win over Detroit would be huge tonight. Please get it done.

NYIntensity
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:35 am 
Superstar Goalie

I want my 2 points.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:42 pm 
Cup Winner

Ennis is coming back? Hell yea. Wish I could watch this game. :(

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

Crosscheck
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:01 pm 
Sober enough to run a server

NYIntensity wrote:
I want my 2 points.

hey, that's my schtick ;)

ksquier89
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:26 pm 
PP Quarterback

Caps aren't on tonight so there stands at least a chance that the game will be played on televisions at the local brew pubs. I spend enough income at these fine establishments to warrant some Sabres hockey viewing(at least I think so).

sabresindc
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:32 pm 
Captain Clutch

ksquier89 wrote:
Caps aren't on tonight so there stands at least a chance that the game will be played on televisions at the local brew pubs. I spend enough income at these fine establishments to warrant some Sabres hockey viewing(at least I think so).

It's on the NHL Network for those of us who live out of the area.

It's a phrase that basically means, if you wanna see the Sabres at the top, turn the rankings.

ksquier89
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:42 pm 
PP Quarterback

sabresindc wrote:
ksquier89 wrote:

We live in a college basketball area. Greene Turtle has enough televisions to sacrifice one. Their play within the first 5 minutes will determine the outcome of what my alcohol consumption will result in. I have been hittin' the whiskey hard lately.

NYIntensity
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:29 pm 
Superstar Goalie

Crosscheck wrote:
NYIntensity wrote:
I want my 2 points.

hey, that's my schtick ;)

Worked for me last time ;)

sabresindc
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:56 pm 
Captain Clutch

ksquier89 wrote:
sabresindc wrote:
ksquier89 wrote:

We live in a college basketball area. Greene Turtle has enough televisions to sacrifice one. Their play within the first 5 minutes will determine the outcome of what my alcohol consumption will result in. I have been hittin' the whiskey hard lately.

I'm already chilling the Labatts for tonight. I think I'll need a whole bunch to get through this one.... How far away from 500 is the Sabres at home????

It's a phrase that basically means, if you wanna see the Sabres at the top, turn the rankings.

ksquier89
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:08 pm 
PP Quarterback

sabresindc wrote:
ksquier89 wrote:
sabresindc wrote:
ksquier89 wrote:

I'm already chilling the Labatts for tonight. I think I'll need a whole bunch to get through this one.... How far away from 500 is the Sabres at home????

Sabres 6-7-1 at home and 7-3 on the road. Me thinks it may be time to change the name back.

AudSabres
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:47 pm 
Superstar Goalie

Found 2 streams thus far but I'll keep looking.

Getting everything else done around the house now so there will be only 2 reasons for me to leave the front of the TV come puck drop:

1. Go to the fridge to get beer.
2. Go to the pisser to make room for more beer.

LET'S GO BUFFALO!!!

He's a middling AHL player who had the good fortune of a drunk arbitrator. - The Squanto re: Tim Kennedy

ksquier89
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:02 pm 
PP Quarterback

AudSabres wrote:

Getting everything else done around the house now so there will be only 2 reasons for me to leave the front of the TV come puck drop:

LET'S GO BUFFALO!!!

Pissing while drinking beers, magical. The feeling of beer coming in and piss coming out makes me feel like a superhero.

Crosscheck
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:31 pm 

ksquier89 wrote:
AudSabres wrote:

LET'S GO BUFFALO!!!

Pissing while drinking beers, magical. The feeling of beer coming in and piss coming out makes me feel like a superhero.

Like drinking beer while doing stuff in the bathroom?
You need the shakoozie!

http://www.shakoozie.com/about-shakoozie/

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:38 pm 
Captain Dynasty

WIN THIS GAME FOR ME

PuckSniperPensel
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:40 pm 
Page Side

Crosscheck wrote:
ksquier89 wrote:
AudSabres wrote:

LET'S GO BUFFALO!!!

You need the shakoozie!

Oh my god thank you.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:41 pm 
Hart Winner

Crosscheck wrote:
ksquier89 wrote:
AudSabres wrote:

LET'S GO BUFFALO!!!

You need the shakoozie!

All we need is a dinner tray in the bathroom for tacos.

ksquier89
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:42 pm 
PP Quarterback

Crosscheck wrote:
ksquier89 wrote:
AudSabres wrote:

LET'S GO BUFFALO!!!

You need the shakoozie!

My first shower beer is a very fond and vivid memory. First time was a fosters duecer(22 ouncer) my freshmen year of college.

Crosscheck
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:43 pm 

ksquier89 wrote:
My first shower beer is a very fond and vivid memory. First time was a fosters duecer(22 ouncer) my freshmen year of college.

Duecer eh? never heard that one...I used to call them Oil cans.

ksquier89
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:44 pm 
PP Quarterback

PuckSniperPensel wrote:
Crosscheck wrote:
ksquier89 wrote:
AudSabres wrote:

LET'S GO BUFFALO!!!

You need the shakoozie!

Oh my god thank you.

LOL I know. My only problem was finding a spot along the side so that water would not get into the beer. Now I take two and some keys. Shotgun in the shower right away and drink one throughout.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next