It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Los9090
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:37 pm 
Superstar Goalie

Howie Hodge wrote:
Sadly it appears Terry Pegula is a pathetic little jock sniffer. I doubt he'll do anything. "These things take time." 14 years and counting....

Its like a damned if you do, damned if you don't. I'd rather have Terry as our owner any day

Los9090
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:43 pm 
Superstar Goalie

Worst game EVER.

daz28
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:54 pm 
Star Sniper

Sign Bryzgalov NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Howie Hodge
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:25 pm 
Star Sniper

Los9090 wrote:
Howie Hodge wrote:
Sadly it appears Terry Pegula is a pathetic little jock sniffer. I doubt he'll do anything. "These things take time." 14 years and counting....

Its like a damned if you do, damned if you don't. I'd rather have Terry as our owner any day

I didn't say I didn't want him as our owner. It's just when someone pounds their chest and talks about winning The Cup - but proceeds to do nothing different than has been going on for the last several unsuccessful seasons, there is something very unsatisfactory about it...

Not a man who did much research prior to buying apparently....

-Bowler, imitating Freddy Blassie, at the very first M & G.

Howie Hodge
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:26 pm 
Star Sniper

Hopefully he's a quick learner....

Los9090
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:38 pm 
Superstar Goalie

Howie Hodge wrote:
Los9090 wrote:
Howie Hodge wrote:

I didn't say I didn't want him as our owner. It's just when someone pounds their chest and talks about winning The Cup - but proceeds to do nothing different than has been going on for the last several unsuccessful seasons, there is something very unsatisfactory about it...

Well he spent money to the cap...

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:42 pm 
Captain Dynasty

barf. didnt watch the game. glad i didnt.

Howie Hodge
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:43 pm 
Star Sniper

Los9090 wrote:
Howie Hodge wrote:
Los9090 wrote:
Howie Hodge wrote:

Proof that you can't just throw money at problems.... You have to tackle the real problem, and he failed to do so.

Jammerz04
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:30 am 
Power Forward

Howie Hodge wrote:
Los9090 wrote:
Howie Hodge wrote:
Los9090 wrote:
Howie Hodge wrote:

Proof that you can't just throw money at problems.... You have to tackle the real problem, and he failed to do so.

Love what you said here.

We were in the running for Brad Richards but he wouldn't make up his mind even though everyone knew it was gonna be NY. That being said the Sabres management team IMO panicked and open there wallets up big for Leino. Which hasn't paid dividends yet but the way he has been gelling with Adam and Kassian I only look for better production. But all in all we are missing a #1 center and our D basically sucks donkey balls. Besides Regeher and Eherhoff on his good days D has been a no show prretty much all year. Hopefully Myers can make a huge difference when he comes back but if he can't this seasons basically over. We might make the playeoffs but anything past 1st round seems untouchable at this point.

Howcome Miller always alows these quick 3 goals in about 6-8 min span in the 1st?

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:28 pm 
Hart Winner

Howie Hodge wrote:
Los9090 wrote:
Howie Hodge wrote:
Los9090 wrote:
Howie Hodge wrote:

Well you're saying we need to win a cup NOW, and we had those players available to us. He tried to do the NOW, and it didn't go well. Weird, isn't it?

Displaced Fan
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:38 pm 
Superstar Goalie

It's a long season. Breath.

Howie Hodge
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:44 pm 
Star Sniper

What we are saying, is that we would like to win a Cup in the near future.

As the team is constructed; GM - Coach - Players, it's not going to happen.

Some people like to preach patience. Patience has nothing to do with this; the core players, the GM, and the coach have been in place for years.

Of the additions (Boyes, Leino, Erhoff, and Regehr), only Regehr is offering much. Watch Erhoff in his own end, or in the neutral zone; he's terrrible most the time. Leino was ok the four games prior to being injured. Boyes we won't even discuss.

Overall; poor job on the additions.

The sooner Terry owns up to this, and makes changes, the sooner we are likely to be headed in the right direction.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:50 pm 
Hart Winner

Ehrhoff has been fine in his own zone. Especially with those diving poke checks he throws around each game.
Boyes did fine last year. This year he started heating up, and got injured. Much like Leino who HAS been working hard.
You expect the GM to get fired, the coach to be fired, players to be traded with added replacements that makea Stanley Cup winning team in... Like what... A FEW DAYS?!
He already made an amazing amount of changes. He stuck with Lindy and Regier, brought in Ehrhoff, one of the league's best O-dmen, Regher, one of the league's best D-Dmen, Leino, and Boyes... In an offseason and a trade deadline. We all hailed him for it, and said they were amazing moves. Now he's a jock sniffing asshole who everyone hates and needs to burn this organization and bring in a whole different team and GM and coaching staff...

PuckSniperPensel
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:26 pm 
Page Side

I'm never making a GDT again.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7