It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
sabresindc
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:03 pm 
Captain Clutch

union jack wrote:
You know what, maybe it's for the best if we go into Christmas on a losing streak. If we lose to Toronto on Thursday then Regier and company will HAVE to do SOMETHING by the New Year. Right? ;)

:laughing-rolling:

It's a phrase that basically means, if you wanna see the Sabres at the top, turn the rankings.

sabretoothpick
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:08 pm 
PP Quarterback

union jack wrote:
You know what, maybe it's for the best if we go into Christmas on a losing streak. If we lose to Toronto on Thursday then Regier and company will HAVE to do SOMETHING by the New Year. Right? ;)

I hate these statements. Do something? You really think it's that easy? Darcy sends out a email that he wants to do something and the whole league offers him their assets for our garbage or hurt players?

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:09 pm 
Hart Winner

sabretoothpick wrote:
union jack wrote:

I hate these statements. Do something? You really think it's that easy? Darcy sends out a email that he wants to do something and the whole league offers him their assets for our garbage or hurt players?

This is what I've been saying all along. Nothing is happening until the trade deadline, and even then we might not have the assets to give the other team.

union jack
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:12 pm 
Late-Round Gem

sabretoothpick wrote:
union jack wrote:

Calm down. It's 3 o'clock in the morning in England. No, I don't think it's easy, but I'm tired...so therefore I don't feel like typing out an essay on what this team needs to do to right the ship. Hence, I decided to just type "do something." It's Darcy's job to figure it out, he's the one getting paid millions to run a hockey team.

sabresindc
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:14 pm 
Captain Clutch

Can't wait till I see Lindy's press conference tomorrow. Oh wait, I just need to view some of the other ones to see what he'll say about tonight's game.

It's a phrase that basically means, if you wanna see the Sabres at the top, turn the rankings.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:17 pm 
Hart Winner

What I dislike is our players never say something like "We need to get it together. We are awful right now and we NEED to do something."
Instead, they'll say something like
"Oh... We had a tough game... We'll put it behind us... It'll click eventually we're just in a bit of a drought..."

No, you guys blow, and it won't click at all. You're a bunch of lazy vaginas who need to accept the fact that you guys are absolutely teh suckiness right now.

sabretoothpick
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:20 pm 
PP Quarterback

union jack wrote:
sabretoothpick wrote:
union jack wrote:

Calm down. It's 3 o'clock in the morning in England. No, I don't think it's easy, but I'm tired...so therefore I don't feel like typing out an essay on what this team needs to do to right the ship. Hence, I decided to just type "do something." It's Darcy's job to figure it out, he's the one getting paid millions to run a hockey team.

I am calm, in fact I'm half asleep, it's 4:20 here ;) . I think the only thing that he can do right now is to rub the legs and heads of the injured players and pray for a fast heal. No one will give us anything that makes us better for Roy, Stafford etc...

Howie Hodge
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:23 pm 
Star Sniper

The seasons not over; and I'm one of the more critical people of this team.

If nothing is done; then the season is over.

And no; it's not just a quick fix; it has to be some calculated moves from ownership down.

It's not like we have Crosby, Lidstrom, Price, Chara, and Datsyk out with injuries though. Myers will help. (Well he should help - but that's not a certainty anymore.)

Gerbe, Ennis, Hecht, Kaleta, and Boyes; meh, hardly gamebreakers.

They'll help, but not enough to change out fortunes.

-Bowler, imitating Freddy Blassie, at the very first M & G.

Howie Hodge
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:25 pm 
Star Sniper

sabresindc wrote:
Can't wait till I see Lindy's press conference tomorrow. Oh wait, I just need to view some of the other ones to see what he'll say about tonight's game.

Spot on. He sounds like a broken old record. Five years or more of sad, lame, and never corrected mistakes.

sabresindc
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:28 pm 
Captain Clutch

Yeah I know it's not over yet. I'm just so damn frustrated watching this team

Howie Hodge
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:28 pm 
Star Sniper

sabretoothpick wrote:
union jack wrote:
sabretoothpick wrote:
union jack wrote:

I am calm, in fact I'm half asleep, it's 4:20 here ;) . I think the only thing that he can do right now is to rub the legs and heads of the injured players and pray for a fast heal. No one will give us anything that makes us better for Roy, Stafford etc...

Send us some Germalene or Acroflex then; so we can fix these poor lads up... ;)

sabretoothpick
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:29 pm 
PP Quarterback

Howie Hodge wrote:

And no; it's not just a quick fix; it has to be some calculated moves from ownership down.

It's not like we have Crosby, Lidstrom, Price, Chara, and Datsyk out with injuries though. Myers will help. (Well he should help - but that's not a certainty anymore.)

I agree that they aren't game changers but at least you could bench players or reduce their ice time. Once Myers is back Weber and Gragnani should be out and whenever Hecht, Ennis or Boyes are back they might be able to bench Roy, Stafford or Gaustad.

sabresindc
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:30 pm 
Captain Clutch

Howie Hodge wrote:
sabresindc wrote:

Spot on. He sounds like a broken old record. Five years or more of sad, lame, and never corrected mistakes.

I want him to say that he will hold them accountable. I want him to call out Stafford for fucking up the 2 on 1. I want him to say Roy hasn't shown up most of the season.... I want him to say something, anything

sabretoothpick
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:31 pm 
PP Quarterback

Howie Hodge wrote:
sabretoothpick wrote:
union jack wrote:
sabretoothpick wrote:
union jack wrote:

Send us some Germalene or Acroflex then; so we can fix these poor lads up... ;)

:lol: I'd trade Roy and Stafford for anything that would make Myers healthy

sabresindc
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:32 pm 
Captain Clutch

sabretoothpick wrote:
Howie Hodge wrote:

I agree that they aren't game changers but at least you could bench players or reduce their ice time. Once Myers is back Weber and Gragnani should be out and whenever Hecht, Ennis or Boyes are back they might be able to bench Roy, Stafford or Gaustad.

but he won't. That is one of my issues with him. If your core players are not playing like it, you do something to wake them the fuck up. Sit them and prove to them that he has some balls. Right now the core knows that he will never sit them so they can just float around like prissy little fucking butterflies

Howie Hodge
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:34 pm 
Star Sniper

He sounds like the adults in the Charley Brown shows; "Wa - wa wa wa wa wa.."

He is golden to us insomniacs........ zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Howie Hodge
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:36 pm 
Star Sniper

sabresindc wrote:
sabretoothpick wrote:
Howie Hodge wrote:

but he won't. That is one of my issues with him. If your core players are not playing like it, you do something to wake them the fuck up. Sit them and prove to them that he has some balls. Right now the core knows that he will never sit them so they can just float around like prissy little fucking butterflies

I don't ever remember those three being benched, and I don't see him doing it when we get our injured players back.

sabresindc
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:47 pm 
Captain Clutch

Very rare sight to say the least.

Howie Hodge
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:58 pm 
Star Sniper

sabresindc wrote:

Yes. "You ever do that again, and I'm sitting you. For a shift."

sabresindc
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:59 pm 
Captain Clutch

Howie Hodge wrote:
sabresindc wrote:

Yes. "You ever do that again, and I'm sitting you. For a shift."

ooooooooo... Skeered!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next