It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

sabresindc
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:15 pm 
Captain Clutch

DS37 wrote:
Let's hope 2012 is better for the Sabres and their fans.

Happy New Year guys!

Happy New Years to you too. Yeah, the 2012-2013 season maybe but we might as well write this shit off this season.

It's a phrase that basically means, if you wanna see the Sabres at the top, turn the rankings.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:24 am 
Cup Winner

sabresindc wrote:
DS37 wrote:

Happy New Year guys!

Happy New Years to you too. Yeah, the 2012-2013 season maybe but we might as well write this shit off this season.

Same thing was said last year at this time.

At least the East is much closer than last year.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

sabresindc
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:51 am 
Captain Clutch

Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
sabresindc wrote:
DS37 wrote:

Happy New Year guys!

True and there is still time for them to fight their way back up the standings but last year was a whole different beast. There is absolutely no way to compare them because of the emotions of the purchase. THAT was the driving force that fueled the comeback. Unfortunately there is no magic bullet this year. This time they'll actually have to dig deep and find it in themselves to play harder, fight stronger, and be a winner. I don't see that happening right now.... We'll see when the whole team is health, if that ever happens.

Seriously, I want them to prove me wrong. I wanted them to go on a 10 game winning streak to propel them into the fight. I want to see Roy, Stafford, Hecht, Boyes, Gerbe, and Myers to score some crazy ass amount of goals. I want them to go into TD Banknorth Garden and shove the puck right up Lucic's ass and then shoot him through Tim Thomas for the game winning goal. That is my wish for 2012......

It's a phrase that basically means, if you wanna see the Sabres at the top, turn the rankings.

daz28
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:10 pm 
Star Sniper

sabresindc wrote:
Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
sabresindc wrote:
DS37 wrote:

Happy New Year guys!

That is my wish for 2012......

My wish is that this team shows strides at becoming BETTER than last year. Squeaking into the playoffs again, and losing in the first round is NOT an improvement. I don't care if you have a 10 year plan, because if you don't improve, you can forget about ever winning a cup. Before anyone jumps me with the injury shit, look at the Penguins when they play without Crosby and Malkin. Explain that away please??? Hell, if anyone thinks Myers, Ennis and Leino is even equal to HALF of Malkin and Crosby, then they need to find a new sport.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:05 pm 
Hart Winner

daz28 wrote:
sabresindc wrote:
Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
sabresindc wrote:
DS37 wrote:

Happy New Year guys!

My wish is that this team shows strides at becoming BETTER than last year. Squeaking into the playoffs again, and losing in the first round is NOT an improvement. I don't care if you have a 10 year plan, because if you don't improve, you can forget about ever winning a cup. Before anyone jumps me with the injury shit, look at the Penguins when they play without Crosby and Malkin. Explain that away please??? Hell, if anyone thinks Myers, Ennis and Leino is even equal to HALF of Malkin and Crosby, then they need to find a new sport.

Malkin isn't injured right now and last time I checked we have more than 1 player injured.

daz28
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:07 am 
Star Sniper

BlueandYellow wrote:
daz28 wrote:
sabresindc wrote:
Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
sabresindc wrote:
DS37 wrote:

Happy New Year guys!

quoting myself: "WHEN they play without Malkin and Crosby".

Are you capable of remembering them lambasting us when he was??? I sure am.
Malkin isn't injured right now and last time I checked we have more than 1 player injured.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:45 am 
Hart Winner

It's still only 2 players. We have players we called up injured for Christ's sake!

sabresindc
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:55 pm 
Captain Clutch

BlueandYellow wrote:
It's still only 2 players. We have players we called up injured for Christ's sake!

That was part of my argument in another thread. Half of the players on our injured list are AHL'ers. "key" players on our injured list are Leino, Myers, Ennis and now Ehrhoff and Sekera. The rest of the list are all AHL'ers including Tropp, Stuart, Persson, Ryan, and Schiestel.
Edit: a tweet from Sabresdotcom, Tropp has been sent back to Rochester.

No doubt Crosby and Malkin are significant to the Penguins but they are getting crazy scoring from others like Cooke and Neal

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:11 pm 
Hart Winner

Remember we've also had many others injured that just came back that you're not including.

sabresindc
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:25 pm 
Captain Clutch

BlueandYellow wrote:
Remember we've also had many others injured that just came back that you're not including.

Boyes, Gerbe have three goals each and McCormick has none. We'll never know but I serious do not think they would have been the catalyst for this team in score. What other normal line up players have been injured a significant amount of time?

I'm just saying is that most of the injured would not have made any significant improvement to the team. Matter of fact it's probably safe to say that our call ups performed better than the ones they were replaced.... just my opinion.

ksquier89
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:41 pm 
PP Quarterback

sabresindc wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:

Boyes, Gerbe have three goals each and McCormick has none. We'll never know but I serious do not think they would have been the catalyst for this team in score. What other normal line up players have been injured a significant amount of time?

I'm just saying is that most of the injured would not have made any significant improvement to the team. Matter of fact it's probably safe to say that our call ups performed better than the ones they were replaced.... just my opinion.

Call ups have been a major source of inspiration for me to even tune in at this point. Starters have been lifeless turds for the most part.

Seriously, my post New Years shit looked more appealing then most of our current roster. Darcy whips up a deal and eats some contract money I would be willing to part ways with the shit for Stafford. Shit is a 4th line grinding forward promises to put up 20-30 points a year.