It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
sabresindc
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:21 pm 
Captain Clutch

Boyes is our ONLY shootout shooter right now that Vanek is out.

It's a phrase that basically means, if you wanna see the Sabres at the top, turn the rankings.

AudSabres
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:22 pm 
Superstar Goalie

It was one hell of a game. I was sure if we pulled out the win, the roof would have blown clean off the FNC. Still, 1 pt closer and I'm digging this team as opposed to the one that started that road trip. Keep it up, guys!

He's a middling AHL player who had the good fortune of a drunk arbitrator. - The Squanto re: Tim Kennedy

patkane88
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:22 pm 
Captain Clutch

sabresindc wrote:

Pominville hasn't been that bad this year.

Twitter @BUrbanowicz13

Los9090
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:23 pm 
Superstar Goalie

yeah, the call on Ennis was major bullshit. That was a good solid hockey hit. Girardi's back wasn't even exposed on contact

OldTimeHockey
PP Quarterback

Los9090 wrote:
OldTimeHockey wrote:
I really hate our shooters....other than Pominville, we can't hit water falling out of a canoe.

Boyes is a good shooter though

3 pipes say differently. When the chips are down, where is he? Can't wait until he's gone. He's just pretty useless unless they start calling penalties that will open up the ice.

Its time for we as fans of the Sabres and the Bills to focus on results. I don't care anymore how good someone is in theory or in history....what have you done for me in the present.

5 PPs, no goals.

Last edited by OldTimeHockey on Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Los9090
Superstar Goalie

OldTimeHockey wrote:
Los9090 wrote:
OldTimeHockey wrote:
I really hate our shooters....other than Pominville, we can't hit water falling out of a canoe.

3 pipes say differently. When the chips are down, where is he? Can't wait until he's gone. He's just pretty useless unless they start calling penalties that will open up the ice.

I thought you meant in terms of shootout shooters

sabresindc
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:25 pm 
Captain Clutch

patkane88 wrote:
sabresindc wrote:

Pominville hasn't been that bad this year.

Thats true. So when TV is back they should automatically start Boyes, TV, Pommers in the SO :D

It's a phrase that basically means, if you wanna see the Sabres at the top, turn the rankings.

OldTimeHockey
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:26 pm 
PP Quarterback

Los9090 wrote:
OldTimeHockey wrote:
Los9090 wrote:
OldTimeHockey wrote:

Sorry wasn't clear. Just really bummed as other teams have players they can depend on to make plays. I live in Boston, MA, and its like a different player every night. Here...we have guys like Roy and Boyes and Stafford who fail more than succeed.

sabresindc
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:27 pm 
Captain Clutch

Ok, Pittsburgh couldn't beat toronto....stoopid penguins

Los9090
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:28 pm 
Superstar Goalie

OldTimeHockey wrote:
Los9090 wrote:
OldTimeHockey wrote:
Los9090 wrote:
OldTimeHockey wrote:

Sorry wasn't clear. Just really bummed as other teams have players they can depend on to make plays. I live in Boston, MA, and its like a different player every night. Here...we have guys like Roy and Boyes and Stafford who fail more than succeed.

I know, there are no passengers on that Bruins team.

Los9090
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:28 pm 
Superstar Goalie

sabresindc wrote:
Ok, Pittsburgh couldn't beat toronto....stoopid penguins

Losing that point sucks balls more than ever

PuckSniperPensel
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:23 am 
Page Side

I'm really, really disappointed that Ruff didn't give Roy a chance in the shootout. When a guy fucks up... when one of the guys you rely on to score fucks up... you give him a shot at redemption.

He was sitting on that bench during the shootout praying for Ruff to tap him on the shoulder. I think it was a big mistake not letting him go.

gr8daygo
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:48 am 
Franchise Defenseman

PuckSniperPensel wrote:
I'm really, really disappointed that Ruff didn't give Roy a chance in the shootout. When a guy fucks up... when one of the guys you rely on to score fucks up... you give him a shot at redemption.

He was sitting on that bench during the shootout praying for Ruff to tap him on the shoulder. I think it was a big mistake not letting him go.

+1... Roy instead of Leino.... I still liked Gerbe, Boyes, Pommers.... Roy should have been the 4th shooter...

E X C E L L E N C E

sabresindc
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:57 am 
Captain Clutch

PuckSniperPensel wrote:

Lindy hasn't made good decision during shootouts all season. With him being such a huge disappointment this season I have no issues letting him sit there. If he proved he could score a little more then I would be more upset about it. I would feel the same way about Boyes if he wasn't a more proven shootout goal scorer.

Plus Roy really kinda sucks at shootouts.... He averages about 20% a season in SO's

YankeeInRaleigh
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:50 am 
Franchise Defenseman

No, roy should have won the game for us, negating the need for a shootout. Dude isnt focused, he needs to gtfo imo.

NYIntensity
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:13 am 
Superstar Goalie

gr8daygo wrote:
PuckSniperPensel wrote:

+1... Roy instead of Leino.... I still liked Gerbe, Boyes, Pommers.... Roy should have been the 4th shooter...

How do you know redemption wasn't being given to Leino for, you know, eating bags upon bags of dick the first half of the season?

YankeeInRaleigh
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:44 am 
Franchise Defenseman

NYIntensity wrote:
gr8daygo wrote:
PuckSniperPensel wrote:

How do you know redemption wasn't being given to Leino for, you know, eating bags upon bags of dick the first half of the season?

This is true....there were many bags.

gr8daygo
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:45 am 
Franchise Defenseman

NYIntensity wrote:
gr8daygo wrote:
PuckSniperPensel wrote:

True true. And he had a solid move. It was just a few inches from hitting the five hole... Oh. Well best game this season so far. Keep it rolling ...

E X C E L L E N C E

Displaced Fan
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:31 am 
Superstar Goalie

you know, loss aside I really enjoyed that game. It felt good to be excited and actually give a shit about a Sabres game. That was some seriously good hockey from both teams.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7