It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:13 pm 
Cup Winner

Very good game by Miller tonight and what a beaut by Roy.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:16 pm 
Cup Winner

sabresindc wrote:
The Sabres were lucky to get out of this game with a point so far

Miller kept them in it for sure, The second was a good period by Buffalo, but they did play enough D in the third to force OT. And in OT it was all Sabres.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

sabresindc
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:16 pm 
Captain Clutch

The gold helmet is back and Miller gets it...well deserved

It's a phrase that basically means, if you wanna see the Sabres at the top, turn the rankings.

SabresBillsFan
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:44 pm 
Power Forward

Well that's just great the sabres win when this team needs to be in sell mode. What the fuck I want Darcy gone in the worst possible way and them staying in the hunt doesnt help. This team has been so boring to watch all year and first niagara is so quiet when watching the game on tv. So now what another year of these same boring players if they win the next game. What is this team buyers or sellers.

sabresindc
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:01 am 
Captain Clutch

I don't think they will do much either way at the deadline. Only a couple more days left for Darcy to do something, anything

It's a phrase that basically means, if you wanna see the Sabres at the top, turn the rankings.

SabresBillsFan
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:11 am 
Power Forward

sabresindc wrote:
I don't think they will do much either way at the deadline. Only a couple more days left for Darcy to do something, anything

Now is the best time to unload Roy and that bum Stafford and why not unload grags, Leopold, Boyes and possibly gaustad if he won't take a major paycut

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:14 am 
Cup Winner

SabresBillsFan wrote:
Well that's just great the sabres win when this team needs to be in sell mode. What the fuck I want Darcy gone in the worst possible way and them staying in the hunt doesnt help. This team has been so boring to watch all year and first niagara is so quiet when watching the game on tv. So now what another year of these same boring players if they win the next game. What is this team buyers or sellers.

You realize we are only 5 points from 8th right with 21 games to go?

Rud wrote:

SabresBillsFan
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:31 am 
Power Forward

Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
SabresBillsFan wrote:

You realize that even if this team somehow gets in they won't go anywhere. The goal is to win multiple Stanley cups isn't it. They won't with this current squad of bums. Time is right to sell when teams are over paying

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:19 am 
Cup Winner

SabresBillsFan wrote:
Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
SabresBillsFan wrote:

You realize that even if this team somehow gets in they won't go anywhere. The goal is to win multiple Stanley cups isn't it. They won't with this current squad of bums. Time is right to sell when teams are over paying

You never know that. Miller could carry us all the way. Pominville, Vanek, Ennis, And Roy could start scoring in bunches.

Once you're in, anything can happen.

Rud wrote:

sabresindc
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:36 am 
Captain Clutch

Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
SabresBillsFan wrote:
Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
SabresBillsFan wrote:

You never know that. Miller could carry us all the way. Pominville, Vanek, Ennis, And Roy could start scoring in bunches.

well if recent history is any sort of predictor then it doesn't look good. You mentioned four players but if you want to go anywhere you need scoring from the whole squad. Not just four players. Plus, Vanek normally cools off in the middle of the season but he's cooled off now. That is not good since we need all the scoring we can get.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:56 pm 
Cup Winner

sabresindc wrote:
Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
SabresBillsFan wrote:
Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
SabresBillsFan wrote:

well if recent history is any sort of predictor then it doesn't look good. You mentioned four players but if you want to go anywhere you need scoring from the whole squad. Not just four players. Plus, Vanek normally cools off in the middle of the season but he's cooled off now. That is not good since we need all the scoring we can get.

Look at all the past Cup Winners and tell me how many players score in the playoffs.

The Bruins last year had 1 guy over a PPG when they won the cup. 2 guys over 20 points, and 5 guys over 15 points in 25 games. And a hot goaltender. 12 guys over 10 points,

The Blackhawks had 3 guys at a PPG in 22 games played. And only a total of 9 guys over 10 points through those games, but 7 with at least 15 points.

The Penguins had 2 guys over a PPG in 24 games played 3 guys over 15 points and only 8 guys over 10.

Detroit had 3 guys over a PPG in 22 games played, Franzen only played in 16 games though, so 2. 4 guys over 15 points and only 10 over 10 points.

Anaheim had no players over a PPG in 21 games played, 4 players over 15 points, and 9 with 10 or more.

Carolina had 2 players over a PPG in 25 games, 8 over 15 and 10 over 10 points.

Do you get my point now? For the past 6 years it is an average of 1.83 players on the cup winning team get over a PPG, 5.16 over 15 points and 9.66 over 10 points. Average length of a Stanley Cup win is 23.16 games. The playoffs have always been a haven for 5 guys to really shine. I mentioned for players, if two of those guys get over a PPG the other 2 get over 15 points, and you get the few others to get over ten points, you can win a cup.

I know our team isn't going to win a cup, but you really don't need the entire team scoring to win the Cup. A good goalie can do wonders. Last year the Bruins had the best scoring in the playoffs for the past 6 years. A big thing to me is to look at how many players over 15 points on them to determine how many guys you really need to score in the playoffs, and it's been right around 5.

Rud wrote: