It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

OldTimeHockey
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:46 pm 
PP Quarterback

OldTimeHockey wrote:
Well, 3 or 4 points against the top 2 teams in the conference....I'll take it, I'm not trilled, but its not bad.

So that's 4 points out with Florida in 8th with 2 games in hand and we play them 1 more time in March.

Damn, is this team gonna make me start caring again? I mean living just outside Boston, Ma...I love watching Bruins fans fume when we beat them....

Los9090
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:48 pm 
Superstar Goalie

OldTimeHockey wrote:
Well, 3 of 4 points against the top 2 teams in the conference....I'll take it, I'm not trilled, but its not bad.

Indeed, it always stings to lose in OT

OldTimeHockey
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:48 pm 
PP Quarterback

SABRESAllTheWay wrote:
The refs these past two games are just horrid. I'm not blaming the OTL/OTW on anything, but if you call one thing on one team, you better fucking call it on the other team too. I'm really getting pissed when it's so fucking obvious the refs are bad at what they do on purpose.

And having to listen to Jack Edwards explain why its isn't a penalty when the Bruins, trip, slash, hold, impede is like a dull butterknife into my brain.

OldTimeHockey
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:51 pm 
PP Quarterback

Los9090 wrote:
OldTimeHockey wrote:
Well, 3 of 4 points against the top 2 teams in the conference....I'll take it, I'm not trilled, but its not bad.

Indeed, it always stings to lose in OT

Yep, and it doubly stings when its a guy you hate (like Marchand, Hartnell, or Chara) or a guy who seems to always have your number like Callahan does and Savard did.

I still hate Peter Bondra...I bet Hasek still does too.

OldTimeHockey
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:57 pm 
PP Quarterback

Alright 20 games left with ....

Anaheim, Vancouver, San Jose, Pittsburgh, The Rangers, Philly, the Bruins Twice.

Two games against Toronto, a game against the Caps, a game against Florida who sit right above us in the standings and a game against Tampa who sit just below. That's 10 points from teams we'll be playing for the 8th spot.

Is this really possible or am I just fooling myself. There's not a lot of gimmies left....

AudSabres
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:29 pm 
Superstar Goalie

OldTimeHockey wrote:
Alright 20 games left with ....

Anaheim, Vancouver, San Jose, Pittsburgh, The Rangers, Philly, the Bruins Twice.

Two games against Toronto, a game against the Caps, a game against Florida who sit right above us in the standings and a game against Tampa who sit just below. That's 10 points from teams we'll be playing for the 8th spot.

Is this really possible or am I just fooling myself. There's not a lot of gimmies left....

He's a middling AHL player who had the good fortune of a drunk arbitrator. - The Squanto re: Tim Kennedy

Howie Hodge
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:37 pm 
Star Sniper

To any of the Miller haters; he's why we have been competitive the last couple weeks. Best player by far on the ice tonight for us. Regehr was pretty damn good too..

-Bowler, imitating Freddy Blassie, at the very first M & G.

sabresindc
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:11 am 
Captain Clutch

Howie Hodge wrote:
To any of the Miller haters; he's why we have been competitive the last couple weeks. Best player by far on the ice tonight for us. Regehr was pretty damn good too..

This, he is back to playing well. If he shits the bed again this team is fucked.

It's a phrase that basically means, if you wanna see the Sabres at the top, turn the rankings.

sabresindc
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:12 am 
Captain Clutch

OldTimeHockey wrote:
OldTimeHockey wrote:

Damn, is this team gonna make me start caring again?

Nah, it'll just make Darcy do absolutely nothing this weekend.

It's a phrase that basically means, if you wanna see the Sabres at the top, turn the rankings.

DieHardFan
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:13 am 
Emergency Call-Up

OldTimeHockey wrote:
OldTimeHockey wrote:
Well, 3 or 4 points against the top 2 teams in the conference....I'll take it, I'm not trilled, but its not bad.

So that's 4 points out with Florida in 8th with 2 games in hand and we play them 1 more time in March.

Damn, is this team gonna make me start caring again? I mean living just outside Boston, Ma...I love watching Bruins fans fume when we beat them....

No, we're 6 points out. Florida won and Winnipeg dropped to 8th with 68 pts

daz28
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:54 am 
Star Sniper

sabresindc wrote:
OldTimeHockey wrote:
OldTimeHockey wrote:

Damn, is this team gonna make me start caring again?

Nah, it'll just make Darcy do absolutely nothing this weekend.

When teams pay goalies big bucks, they EXPECT superior play, or they get poor results. The reason Anaheim is the best team since Jan. 6th is because Hiller appears to finally be over his vertigo, and back to playing lights out. If him or Miller miss a beat, it's all over for both teams in a jiffy.

Just to point out, Derek Roy took his last stride before he got to the red line on the OT goal, then glided until Cally was already past Patty. No idea how he didn't see Callahan streaking down the wing. Maybe he did, and just felt, meh, he's not my man. Pretty pissed about that. If you know one of your forwards is going to have to go mano a mano with another forward, you gotta help him out. I'm not blaming Kaleta at all. I just don't like that fruity little douchebag at all lately, and it's mostly because of mistakes. Even his first star game vs. Pitt he made the most mental errors. He just happened to throw pucks at a poor goalie that day. He's not a #1 center(and I hope even the thickest posters get that now). Ennis is preferred at 2nd, so where does that leave him? $4M 3rd line C? I don't hate that idea, but we're too cash strapped for that.

I meant to quote the post above this one discussing Miller. Sorry.