It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 274 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
daz28
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:33 pm 
Star Sniper

Great interview by Blake Wheeler. Likeable guy who respects his opposition.

Los9090
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:36 pm 
Superstar Goalie

sabresindc wrote:
Los9090 wrote:
motzie12ak wrote:
4th game in 6 nights. It shows.

Yeah, people need to look at the bigger picture instead of being a bunch of Negative Nancys

ok, so we should be jumping for joy about this game?? What was the bigger picture here, that we lost basically a must win??

dude, shut up. There are plenty of games left and we're actually in the playoff picture.

sabresindc
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:36 pm 
Captain Clutch

Los9090 wrote:
OldTimeHockey wrote:
Los9090 wrote:
motzie12ak wrote:

Yeah, people need to look at the bigger picture instead of being a bunch of Negative Nancys

They're crappy play is not how many games in how many nights, its that the same players are falling back into the same old crap and the same shitty play emerging. They were skating all around the ice. If they were tired, they should have played a more controlled pace game.

Boyes weak on the wall.

No presence in front of the net.

No follow up on the initial shot. No one's in position for a rebound.

Roy isn't backchecking and can't pass

Playing with the puck in their own end to much. Let's just skate right into the forechecker or let him skate up into a corner.

Trying to slalom skate through the opposing team

Poor shooting and decision making with the puck.

The Jets had rested legs...we did not, so that's going to lead to flat execution. And at least we won 2 out of 3 and that's better than zero. Buffalo was due for a loss anyway

Ok, they were due for a loss but they usually lose the games they NEED to win. I understand that the Jets have been home for a week and had four days off before this game. The cards were definitely stacked against the Sabres

It's a phrase that basically means, if you wanna see the Sabres at the top, turn the rankings.

daz28
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:41 pm 
Star Sniper

sabresindc wrote:
Ok, they were due for a loss but they usually lose the games they NEED to win. I understand that the Jets have been home for a week and had four days off before this game. The cards were definitely stacked against the Sabres

Again, my stance is this was equal to a playoff game, and sometimes you gotta play a team that swept the other team, and you just played a 7 game series. That's hockey. It's reaching down, and grabbing a must win when you have to. Other than Miller this team has been reaching down, and getting a handful of shit. I'm not "excited" by any means.

sabresindc
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:42 pm 
Captain Clutch

Los9090 wrote:
sabresindc wrote:
Los9090 wrote:
motzie12ak wrote:

ok, so we should be jumping for joy about this game?? What was the bigger picture here, that we lost basically a must win??

dude, shut up. There are plenty of games left and we're actually in the playoff picture.

Plenty of games left but several of those are teams that are much better than the Jets. A few of those, Boston, Philly and the Rangers the sabres have a losing record against.

It's a phrase that basically means, if you wanna see the Sabres at the top, turn the rankings.

sabresindc
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:43 pm 
Captain Clutch

daz28 wrote:
sabresindc wrote:

Again, my stance is this was equal to a playoff game, and sometimes you gotta play a team that swept the other team, and you just played a 7 game series. That's hockey. It's reaching down, and grabbing a must win when you have to. Other than Miller this team has been reaching down, and getting a handful of shit. I'm not "excited" by any means.

or what is called giving 110%

AudSabres
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:07 am 
Superstar Goalie

To be fair, I expected maybe 4 out of 8 points if we played balls to the wall. To have 6 out of 8 is huge for what it is.

All that aside, if I see Roy gliding back once he hits the redline on the back check one more fucking time; I'm going to kick a someone in the face and piss on them in public. I wonder if Lindy will bench him or move him off the top line now for that stupid call late in the game when we needed a big goal? Was it embellished? Likely, but you know the refs will call anything and everything that looks questionable. We've beaten the Bruins, gone the distance with the Rangers, I still think we can make a go of it if we take this game and learn from it.

Going into this road trip, and be honest folks.... Who here honestly thought we'd sweep it? I’m not saying it is ok to lose a game, especially one like tonight and I’m hella pissed right now at the effort, just the same as the next person, but really, who here thought we would sweep this road trip?

He's a middling AHL player who had the good fortune of a drunk arbitrator. - The Squanto re: Tim Kennedy

daz28
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:25 am 
Star Sniper

I expected more than 3 points in 6 games from our top line, which includes a whopping 1 goal and 0 pts from our captain.

jordano
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:08 am 
Two-Way Center

daz28 wrote:
I expected more than 3 points in 6 games from our top line, which includes a whopping 1 goal and 0 pts from our captain.

:|

#1 Hockey Nation.

sabresindc
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:43 am 
Captain Clutch

AudSabres wrote:
who here thought we would sweep this road trip?

No one. Normally you could pat them on the butt and say "good job" if it was in the middle of the season. Its not, it's the last month of games and they NEEDED this win. This very well could go down as the game that finished them.

The ONLY REASON why this team was in the position to get back in the playoff race was because of Miller. He stood on his head for most of this trip while the rest of the team DIDN'T DO THEIR JOB! Last night Miller just couldn't do it anymore. Hell, in back to back games he faced 82 shots, WTF!!! This team has nothing without Miller, this season proved it.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed this road trip. it reminded me of the seasons of the past when Miller was in his prime and stopped just about everything. They actually had me fooled there for a little bit. Last night brought me back to reality....

Displaced Fan
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:43 am 
Superstar Goalie

I'm just going to come out and say it. I haven't been impressed with this team lately. Miller has been beyond great, which is the only reason we have squeaked out wins in the west. Any other kind of effort in net and we would be at the tail end of a losing road trip....and a bad one.

Winning makes it easier to gloss over the lost battles, the turnovers, the low goal production and lazy penalties. In the end though the Sabres as a whole have been playing like a team who deserves to be out of the playoffs. I'm dreading Miller stealing an eighth spot for us only to watch this team lose in the first round, ushering in the same "we're on the right tract" rhetoric this summer. We need changes to our offensive lines in a big way and I don't see it happening with a middle of the pack finish.

Sorry to be negative, just calling it like I see it.

Montalo
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 pm 
PP Quarterback

we might have just squaked out wins, but that doesnt change the fact that, in our past 9 games, we are 6-1-2. pretty damn good.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:33 pm 
Hart Winner

Miller is great. Our team is Miller. Our team should not be the Sabres. It should be the Millers. and Miller's face should be the logo.

If only our guys would show some fucking energy. We damn well know they can; they just don't want to. I never really see any other team in the league perform so lazily as this team does, and even when we bring in new guys... They're lazy too. I don't know what it is, Lindy's system, the city itself, whatever. I just want our guys to be energetic and actually play, and not spend half their shift standing around or fucking turning the puck over because they don't know how to pass.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:34 pm 
Hart Winner

Other than Tropp and Ellis, of course. Those two know how to battle for that puck.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 274 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14