It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 274 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
AudSabres
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:01 am 
Superstar Goalie

:dance: Last game of the road trip! HUGE 4 point game tonight and there is no better way to wrap it up than with a "W" tonight!

Also, this is my Friday. Tonight has the potential to be doubling awesome for me.

LET'S GO BUFFALO!!!

He's a middling AHL player who had the good fortune of a drunk arbitrator. - The Squanto re: Tim Kennedy

YankeeInRaleigh
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:11 am 
Franchise Defenseman

Holy crap, a win tonight puts them in 8th place in the east.

YankeeInRaleigh
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:12 am 
Franchise Defenseman

hm....well, until washington destroys carolina tomorrow that is.

sabresindc
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:25 am 
Captain Clutch

YankeeInRaleigh wrote:

I don't know. The Crapitals have been so hot and cold who the hell knows what team will show up tomorrow. Their goaltending sucks and their top players decided game by game when they're going to show up.

I'm am very nervous about this game. Both teams are playing well so it should be a good game (if Miller stands on his head again). Along with the 3rd and 4th line, I would love to see some scoring from the top two lines tonight. This would be the perfect game for Vanek to get a few.

It's a phrase that basically means, if you wanna see the Sabres at the top, turn the rankings.

Displaced Fan
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:08 am 
Superstar Goalie

Not even going to think about how this one will go. We have stolen three straight games...I mean Miller has stolen three straight games so I hope we can squeak out another win.

AudSabres
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:28 am 
Superstar Goalie

Trying to beat the Jets in their own barn is going to be tough. It seems like the fans generate so much noise from the opening anthem, it's just a cycle of energy from them to the players; Wash-Rinse-Repeat. The MTS Centre reminds me a lot of Chicago Stadium back in the day. The saying was, if you can survive the first 10 minutes without being scored on, you have a chance at winning the game. Take the fans out of it early and stick to the game plan.

I'm with DC on the Vanek factor. If we can get that line to come to life and keep the others rolling as they have been with Miller being Goalie-Bot 3000, we should be good to go.

He's a middling AHL player who had the good fortune of a drunk arbitrator. - The Squanto re: Tim Kennedy

Sabresfansince1980
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:13 pm 
Star Sniper

Between Vanek coming back from injury (shoulder/chest) and getting the riot act about penalties, I think he's thinking too much and playing tentatively. I'm not too worried though because those guys (Pominville) are too good together to stay in a slump, even if Roy isn't helping.

PuckSniperPensel
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:32 pm 
Page Side

RUNRUNRUNRUNRUNRUNRUNRUNRUNRUNRUNRUNRUNRUNRUNRUNRUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

motzie12ak
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:44 pm 
Garbage Man

got a freaking class at 7, it usually gets out early so I really hope I don't miss too much of the game.

motzie12ak
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:46 pm 
Garbage Man

sabresindc wrote:
YankeeInRaleigh wrote:

I don't know. The Crapitals have been so hot and cold who the hell knows what team will show up tomorrow. Their goaltending sucks and their top players decided game by game when they're going to show up.

I'm am very nervous about this game. Both teams are playing well so it should be a good game (if Miller stands on his head again). Along with the 3rd and 4th line, I would love to see some scoring from the top two lines tonight. This would be the perfect game for Vanek to get a few.

If the top line stays intact with Roy Vanek and Pommers, then we just got to hope the good Derek Roy shows up and then we got a better chance at seeing our top line produce. Especially with him being a centermen, if he isn't on, his whole line takes the hit.

TheBlackDahliaMurder
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:54 pm 
Career AHL'er

YankeeInRaleigh wrote:

Unfortunately, it won't. With our ROW being what it is - we'll lose the tiebreaker.

EDIT: Forget to check games in hand. I'm an idiot.

Last edited by TheBlackDahliaMurder on Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

motzie12ak
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:55 pm 
Garbage Man

TheBlackDahliaMurder wrote:
YankeeInRaleigh wrote:

Unfortunately, it won't. With our ROW being what it is - we'll lose the tiebreaker.

We have games in hand on Winnipeg even after tonight. So if we win, we'll be tied at 70 points with one less game played, so we'll be in 8th.

sabresindc
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:20 pm 
Captain Clutch

motzie12ak wrote:
sabresindc wrote:
YankeeInRaleigh wrote:

If the top line stays intact with Roy Vanek and Pommers, then we just got to hope the good Derek Roy shows up and then we got a better chance at seeing our top line produce. Especially with him being a centermen, if he isn't on, his whole line takes the hit.

True, he does seem to be the hitch pin of the line. I would love to see what Vanek and Pommers would do with Hodgson centering... :think:

Don't feel bad Mel, I have to work till 7:30 and then I have an hour drive home (if there isn't too much traffic here in Northern Va :laughing-rolling: )

Breaking News!!! Foligno is an emergency call up tonight

It's a phrase that basically means, if you wanna see the Sabres at the top, turn the rankings.

Last edited by sabresindc on Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

motzie12ak
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:24 pm 
Garbage Man

sabresindc wrote:
motzie12ak wrote:
sabresindc wrote:
YankeeInRaleigh wrote:

True, he does seem to be the hitch pin of the line. I would love to see what Vanek and Pommers would do with Hodgson centering... :think:

Don't feel bad Mel, I have to work till 7:30 and then I have an hour drive home (if there isn't too much traffic here in Northern Va :laughing-rolling: )

Breaking News!!! Foligno is an emergency call up tonight

http://sabres.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=620612&cmpid=rss-News

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you for low traffic! Why can't this be one of the 10pm games? I could make it back in no problem then! haha. But my professor is a Sabres fan I'm pretty sure so hopefully he will want to get out early too :)

sabresindc
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:28 pm 
Captain Clutch

motzie12ak wrote:
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you for low traffic! Why can't this be one of the 10pm games? I could make it back in no problem then! haha. But my professor is a Sabres fan I'm pretty sure so hopefully he will want to get out early too :)

Hahaha, thanks.

Crosscheck
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:34 pm 
Sober enough to run a server

This game is big so I won't get my hopes up....

I want my 2 points.

daz28
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:34 pm 
Star Sniper

Winnipeg is not so good in their own end. We have to use that to our advantage, and pull some o-zone pressure out of our asses tonight. If we can do that, I'm pretty sure we can win. Any word on Regehr?

sabresindc
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:10 pm 
Captain Clutch

I guess Millsie gets the nod again tonight.

Buffalo riding Miller during improbable run

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:19 pm 
Hart Winner

We need to play Enroth on the up coming back-to-back.

YankeeInRaleigh
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:20 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

BlueandYellow wrote:
We need to play Enroth on the up coming back-to-back.

Not gonna happen, Ruff already announced they'll be starting miller until the point they have to prop up his corpse with rebar and twine. At that point he'll split time with enroth.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 274 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next