It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:30 pm 
Cup Winner

Los9090 wrote:
Would be nice if Miller could stop breakways

He stopped a short handed breakaway earlier in the game. The odds are against you on breakaways, you can only stop so many.

Also really sucked we had Myers and Ehrhoff out, tell me now you think they aren't important to this team.

One other thing, they blew their season between the months of November and January.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

metalslasher24
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:31 pm 
Rink Rat

and theres the season better luck next year Sabres

Sabresfansince1980
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:33 pm 
Star Sniper

Better draft position...hooray.

patkane88
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:33 pm 
Captain Clutch

Can't wait to see which small center they get to draft in the first round now.

Twitter @BUrbanowicz13

OldTimeHockey
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:34 pm 
PP Quarterback

Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
Maybe this will teach them to not fuck around when November-January of the season.

1 more win or even 2 more wins during that time and we would have locked up a playoff spot, but nope, we will most likely be getting eliminated tonight.

For this to happen we need to move on from several current Sabres. There are just too many holes right now and too low of expectations.

I mean how many f'ing times do the good shooting teams shoot wide? We used to have good shooters, and he used to have good passing. Now they can't hit the barn, the pond next to the barn, or the herd of cattle next to the pond. How many times do we keep a team under 30 shots, even with all our top 6 D in the game?

I mean we didn't sign Leino for 8 goals, Roy's not making $4.5M for 17 goals, Boyes is crap, Vanek is hurt again. We can't hit shit and he can't finish plays. $8.5M for Roy and Boyes....ugh.

Last edited by OldTimeHockey on Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sabretoothpick
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:35 pm 
PP Quarterback

9th place completed, nice job. The No. 12th pick is what this team needs :roll:

Roy and Vanek were just awful, no heart, no hustle, just turnovers and bad desicions. The FES line is the only bright side on this team.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:37 pm 
Cup Winner

And as always Vanek gets blamed for everything...

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:38 pm 
Hart Winner

Skyline_BNR34 wrote:

Not everything but he still sucked

patkane88
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:38 pm 
Captain Clutch

Stafford isn't out of my bad books eithier. Yeah he looked good with Foligno and Ennis but where was the scoring from last year????

Twitter @BUrbanowicz13

Sabresfansince1980
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:39 pm 
Star Sniper

They did have the right approach tonight - to play a tight defensive game while short THREE d-men. I wonder why Ruff didn't have them play that way against Toronto. It could've made a difference in Toronto, but tonight all they could really hope for was to win in OT or SO, but the mis-match eventually caught up.

Saturday against Boston could be kinda nasty now, with nothing but grudges and axes to grind.

daz28
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:39 pm 
Star Sniper

Ya, any shit about the "core being in place", or anyone who backs that nonsense better disappear next year. The 'run' was fueled by VERY few components, so fuck any notions we're 'close' to competing for a cup. Even if we had ZERO man games lost to injury, we'd have maybe been in 5th place, and likely knocked out of the 1st barring a Miller miracle. This team has way too few(if any)guys it can count on in the clutch.

OldTimeHockey
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:41 pm 
PP Quarterback

sabretoothpick wrote:

Roy and Vanek were just awful, no heart, no hustle, just turnovers and bad desicions. The FES line is the only bright side on this team.

He's one of my favorites, but I'm almost back to those 4 first round picks, which would have netted us....Myers (whom we got anyways), Taylor Hall/Tyler Seguin, and Ryan Nugent Hopkins.

patkane88
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:43 pm 
Captain Clutch

Sabresfansince1980 wrote:
They did have the right approach tonight - to play a tight defensive game while short THREE d-men. I wonder why Ruff didn't have them play that way against Toronto. It could've made a difference in Toronto, but tonight all they could really hope for was to win in OT or SO, but the mis-match eventually caught up.

Saturday against Boston could be kinda nasty now, with nothing but grudges and axes to grind.

Nothing will happen at all in the Boston game. The game means absolutly nothing to both teams.

Twitter @BUrbanowicz13

OldTimeHockey
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:45 pm 
PP Quarterback

Skyline_BNR34 wrote:

If he was hurt (which I think he was) he was pretty ineffective to the point where a call up wouldn't have been much of a drop off. Love the guy, and frankly his teammates need to chop, hack, and crush very one who does the same to him...

This was the first time I can say that Vanek didn't make the players around him better...probably due to injury, but he's had a case of the "Roy's" for half a season now.

Displaced Fan
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:46 pm 
Superstar Goalie

Not expecting much this off season. We lost a chance at a good pick and we finished just close enough to playoff contention to convince the management that we are on the right track. The worst of both worlds.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:53 pm 
Cup Winner

OldTimeHockey wrote:
sabretoothpick wrote:

He's one of my favorites, but I'm almost back to those 4 first round picks, which would have netted us....Myers (whom we got anyways), Taylor Hall/Tyler Seguin, and Ryan Nugent Hopkins.

It would have been nice for sure, but it didn't happen and nothing we can do about it now.

Our future is bright.

Ennis is 22, Hodgson is 22, Myers is 22, Foligno is 20, Pommers and Vanek are in their Prime, Miller is Miller again.

Rud wrote:

OldTimeHockey
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:00 pm 
PP Quarterback

Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
OldTimeHockey wrote:
sabretoothpick wrote:

It would have been nice for sure, but it didn't happen and nothing we can do about it now.

Our future is bright.

Ennis is 22, Hodgson is 22, Myers is 22, Foligno is 20, Pommers and Vanek are in their Prime, Miller is Miller again.

True.

Until this team has some success in clutch situations, I just see the same coming up short happening. Regher gets beat badly, Miller doesn't make that save, Pominville breaks another stick and fans on a shot, Roy tries to skate through 4 PKers, another wide shot from the point, slot, in close, etc... Until these type things are no longer acceptable ... Pegula is wasting his money, IMO.

OldTimeHockey
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:03 pm 
PP Quarterback

patkane88 wrote:

Nothing will happen at all in the Boston game. The game means absolutly nothing to both teams.

Why not, they helped f up your season? I'd hammer as many Bruins as possible.

sabresindc
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:59 am 
Captain Clutch

Displaced Fan wrote:
Not expecting much this off season. We lost a chance at a good pick and we finished just close enough to playoff contention to convince the management that we are on the right track. The worst of both worlds.

daz28 wrote:
Ya, any shit about the "core being in place", or anyone who backs that nonsense better disappear next year. The 'run' was fueled by VERY few components, so fuck any notions we're 'close' to competing for a cup. Even if we had ZERO man games lost to injury, we'd have maybe been in 5th place, and likely knocked out of the 1st barring a Miller miracle. This team has way too few(if any)guys it can count on in the clutch.

I see them droping Boyes like a bad habit but there isn't much else they can or will do. Trade Roy??? serious, who the hell would take him right now? The draft will produce a few average prospects that we won't see anywhere near a Sabres sweater for a couple years.

This team lacks the mental drive to win.... If they had that win mentality they would have overcome the piss poor play during the first, oh 3/4 of the season. They would have continued winning in the last two weeks of the season instead of dropping two PIVOTAL games. Until they show that they can overcome anything that's thrown at them, then this team will never see a stanley cup....never.

It's a phrase that basically means, if you wanna see the Sabres at the top, turn the rankings.

AudSabres
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:11 am 
Superstar Goalie

OldTimeHockey wrote:
patkane88 wrote:

Why not, they helped f up your season? I'd hammer as many Bruins as possible.

RJ beats the living shit out of Jack Edwards!

E6! Book it!

;)

He's a middling AHL player who had the good fortune of a drunk arbitrator. - The Squanto re: Tim Kennedy

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5