Please click here to view the forum rules

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:27 pm 
Captain Dynasty

nice win.

daz28
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:46 pm 
Star Sniper

A sick, lazy Vanek with a 5 point game to lead the league in scoring. Didn't like Miller's rebounds early. Didn't like the passing most of the game. Hated the PP watch the other team skate around short-handed(as usual, but they did score on it twice). Love how Otters first three strides off the bench have him up to full speed immediately EVERY SHIFT(ya thats a fu Roy). Now it's blow Leafs blow tomorrow. I hope we clean our game up a bit with a short practice tomorrow(we looked ok in 1st, but got sloppier in most 2nd and some of 3rd). Welcome to Buffalo Coho. The Kassian fleece is official(I watched Zach lay another stinker last night, and he was on the 2nd line).

Crosscheck
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:47 pm 
Sober enough to run a server

I like that they came out of the gate with a little bit of snarl (atta boy Stafford).
They were a bit sloppy and out of sync, but tat's to be expected I suppose. Good effort overall.

daz28
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:55 pm 
Star Sniper

Crosscheck wrote:
I like that they came out of the gate with a little bit of snarl (atta boy Stafford).
They were a bit sloppy and out of sync, but tat's to be expected I suppose. Good effort overall.

Ya, I didn't even notice Philly's physicality any more than ours(and they're a very physical team). That's a very good thing. The real test will be Jan 31st. If we look right at home against the Broons, then watch out. Balance may finally have made its way to Buffalo.

Was Ville a healthy scratch, or was that quad injury from practice bothering him?? I just looked it up, he was a HS. I'd assume he is inserted tomorrow for fresh legs(and I wouldn't be shocked if he was just getting a days rest for a slight pull). Scott out-Ville in.

Vanek_Fanatic_26
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:28 pm 
PP Quarterback

daz28 wrote:
Crosscheck wrote:

Ya, I didn't even notice Philly's physicality any more than ours(and they're a very physical team). That's a very good thing. The real test will be Jan 31st. If we look right at home against the Broons, then watch out. Balance may finally have made its way to Buffalo.

Was Ville a healthy scratch, or was that quad injury from practice bothering him?? I just looked it up, he was a HS. I'd assume he is inserted tomorrow for fresh legs(and I wouldn't be shocked if he was just getting a days rest for a slight pull). Scott out-Ville in.

I don't think he's a healthy scratch if Ruff has declared him doubtful for tomorrow...

@TJLuckman550

daz28
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:50 pm 
Star Sniper

Ville is a LBI, but nothing serious. I wasn't aware he was doubtful. That sucks. Oh well, choken played good enough.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:15 pm 
Hart Winner

Pretty decent game. Those 2 disallowed Philly goals were sketchy, though I agree with both calls... A little sloppy but after missing half the year AFTER a summer off, that's reasonable. Great game by Vanek, Grigorenko was quiet but did draw a call and get a few plays in... Nice win. Love Ott. Stafford needs boxing lessons but great job stepping up.

Nuthatch
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:46 pm 
Penalty Killer

I find myself looking for the 'Like' button! :/
It wasn't a perfect game but it did have its moments. Foligno crashing around was good to see. Stafford sticking up for Ennis- also very nice (even if he looks awkward; is Rob Ray teaching this year?). Hartnell pisses me off; I REALLY wanted to see Scott wipe the ice with him at the end of the game. Perhaps Grigs wasn't getting much time because Leino wasn't playing? I know he's supposed to be wonderful & all but he is just a kid in his first game and one of his linemates (who he was practicing with) got scratched. I bet his time will expand with Leino's return.
I expect things to improve play-wise over the next few games.

OldTimeHockey
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:53 pm 
PP Quarterback

Favorite stat from the game...Vanek 9 shots.

HipKat
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:02 pm 
Garbage Man

Favorite Stat from the game: Sabres 5 - Flyers 2 :D

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:07 pm 
Cup Winner

OldTimeHockey wrote:

And Hodgson had 7 shots also.

I'm really excited about this season.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:30 pm 
Hart Winner

Who has the GDT for tomorrow vs. the Leafs? If nobody has it I'll take it.

AudSabres
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:46 pm 
Superstar Goalie

I was so emotionally into this one, felt like I had just played in it, as well! Surprised I had enough gas to go for a run tonight.

One game in the books and they looked pretty much as I expected. For the guys who have been playing since the fall, they looked in shape. The youngsters looked pretty solid and Grigo's play (for his first NHL game) seemed really well rounded considering his ice time. That behind the back pass in the slot was like WHAT?! Van/Pom/Hodg never failed, Myers looked really sloppy, I found. And what can be said about the play of Ott?! I think he earned his sweater.

Not going to get too high on it since it is only the first game and there is still a lot of work to be done. Chemistry will improve with time and I can't think of a better time to play the next game than tomorrow night. Get right back on it and keep driving.

Also, gatta love when this is the front page on tsn.ca

Attachment:
tsn.jpg
tsn.jpg [ 404.94 KiB | Viewed 3401 times ]

:D

He's a middling AHL player who had the good fortune of a drunk arbitrator. - The Squanto re: Tim Kennedy

SABRESAllTheWay
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:51 pm 
MegaDouche

BlueandYellow wrote:

It's yours, try to have it up by noon tomorrow. If not Aud will get to it.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:04 pm 
Hart Winner

SABRESAllTheWay wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:

It's yours, try to have it up by noon tomorrow. If not Aud will get to it.

Alrighty.

OldTimeHockey
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:33 pm 
PP Quarterback

HipKat wrote:
Favorite Stat from the game: Sabres 5 - Flyers 2 :D

Nicely played, sir.

OldTimeHockey
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:39 pm 
PP Quarterback

Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
OldTimeHockey wrote:

And Hodgson had 7 shots also.

I'm really excited about this season.

As brought up by the WGR jockey, you kinda wonder how badly Vanek was hurt last year after watching him play.

CoHo's 7 shots and effort on his goal was rather sweet.

Nine points from that line.

I just keep thinking that all we need is the good Ryan Miller and we waltz into the playoffs.

That dust up with Stafford and Hartnell. Is the culture changing...we'll see, but a good start after one.