It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Squanto
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:57 am 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

It's Yhoshi. He's start GDTs 18 months in advance if he can get away with it.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:26 pm 
Captain Dynasty

i dont get why its such a big deal, creating a game day thread. yhoshi takes that shit seriously. must be something i dont get.

ksquier89
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:13 am 
PP Quarterback

I think it's cool we have someone who prides themselves on getting these threads kickstarted. Thanks Yhosh!

ksquier89
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:16 am 
PP Quarterback

I, also, find it pretty amazing that a good percentage of posters on this message board are from countries outside of the United States.
What all drew you to the Sabres? Yhosh, I am assuming it may be T. Van.

sabretoothpick
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:17 am 
PP Quarterback

ksquier89 wrote:
I, also, find it pretty amazing that a good percentage of posters on this message board are from countries outside of the United States.
What all drew you to the Sabres? Yhosh, I am assuming it may be T. Van.

offtopic:
I can only speak for myself but Vanek was the reason I became a Sabres supporter. The streaming of NHL-games started (at least for me) in Vanek's first years, so obviously I watched the Sabres and became what you'd call a bandwagon fan. I quickly became more of a Sabres supporter than Vanek-fan.
I followed the regular posters of the official board to junkies after it changed to shit.

Squanto
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:50 am 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
i dont get why its such a big deal, creating a game day thread. yhoshi takes that shit seriously. must be something i dont get.

I personally don't care.

However, back in the day, when someone would start a thread out of turn, or early, or whatever, I'd have a PM box full of complaints about it. So somebody cares.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:11 pm 
Captain Dynasty

Squanto wrote:
ironyisadeadscene wrote:

I personally don't care.

However, back in the day, when someone would start a thread out of turn, or early, or whatever, I'd have a PM box full of complaints about it. So somebody cares.

no, what im asking is, like, what do the creators of the GDT get out of it? like, its hard to explain, but some posters HAVE to make GDTs. like if yhoshi could, he would make GDTs for the next 8 seasons today. i guess i just dont get it. like i said, i personally dont care. im too lazy to make a GDT. it just seems odd to me.

Displaced Fan
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:43 am 
Superstar Goalie

Since I don't make GDTs I'm just happy that others enjoy it.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:51 pm 
Captain Dynasty

Displaced Fan wrote:
Since I don't make GDTs I'm just happy that others enjoy it.

its bizarre.

AudSabres
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:07 pm 
Superstar Goalie

If one hasn't been made by, we'll say the afternoon of a game, I'll make it just so peeps keep the game talk in one place. If anyone else wants to make them, cool beans by me. I just think it's awesome to post with everyone as we watch the game; gives a closer interaction with you oddballs.

And I mean that in the nicest, most sincere way possible. :lol:

He's a middling AHL player who had the good fortune of a drunk arbitrator. - The Squanto re: Tim Kennedy

daz28
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:01 am 
Star Sniper

Why hasn't the GDT been updated yet? It was made like 4 years ago, but now that the game is a week away, it still doesn't even have a title??????????

sabretoothpick
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:08 am 
PP Quarterback

I'm more excited than I thought I would be. I hope they start well, so the excitment isn't subsituted with disappointment right away.

daz28
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:15 pm 
Star Sniper

I'm sure Lindy saw Ryan throwing juicy rebounds out front in practice, so I'm expecting the classic stubborn Lindy game, where we go down by 1 or 2 goals, and then try to make it up in the 3rd. The defense will be placed around the crease with only the occasional pinch(which is ok, because Leopold is the only one who knows where to position himself to score anyways). Probably lose this one 4-2 or 3-2. Hope I'm wrong though. Then again, this is uncharted territory, so anything can happen.

jordano
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:47 pm 
Two-Way Center

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
Squanto wrote:
ironyisadeadscene wrote:

I personally don't care.

no, what im asking is, like, what do the creators of the GDT get out of it? like, its hard to explain, but some posters HAVE to make GDTs. like if yhoshi could, he would make GDTs for the next 8 seasons today. i guess i just dont get it. like i said, i personally dont care. im too lazy to make a GDT. it just seems odd to me.

I remember people keeping track of their GDT "records". People were really superstitious about that shit. Also, some people took GDTs to the next level and actually dedicated a lot of time to making them. I remember Phil used to make sick GDTs with his own analysis and predictions. Most people just copy and paste NHL previews though.

#1 Hockey Nation.

Hammygoodness
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:39 am 
More Heart Than Skill

Jesus. I forgot how much I missed hockey, and the Sabres in particular. The emotional investment in this team is higher than I would probably like, but I can't control that. Just want this under way. Really hoping Foligno keeps rolling. Not expecting PPG, but I liked what I saw in him last season. Also hoping Hodgson gets a real burst from 1st line time with Van and Pominville. Hell, they made Luke Adam look like gangbusters, but Hodgson's got the skills and ability to make it happen for real.

Now if they can only straighten out Myers.

Ham

daz28
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:54 pm 
Star Sniper

I just realized that Philly has to play the Pens(tbd by who's D is worse), get on a plane, and be ready to play us at 12:30 the next afternoon. Haha. If we come out hard, they have no chance. I'm changing my prediction to Sabres by 2 now. Not to get too far ahead, but then we get the Laffs after a days rest. 2-0 looking good right now. The more wins we get in the first 5, the better chance Grigs sticks(and the more likely we can afford to just pound the Bruins on the 31st). Lets go Buffalo!

Stuuuuuuu
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:23 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
Squanto wrote:
ironyisadeadscene wrote:

I personally don't care.

Word. I never even understood posting in the GTDs (during the game that is) because I like to, I don't know, pay attention to the game.

Nuthatch
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:24 pm 
Penalty Killer

I'm a little concerned that Philly will physically ruff up this kid. I imagine them as evil enough to TRY to damage him. Psych him out & ruin him that way.

I really hate Philly. But I can imagine Boston doing the same thing. I hate them too. :)

ksquier89
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:41 am 
PP Quarterback

As a Birthday present to myself I am going with my family to see the Sabres play the Crapitals next Sunday. Now I get to see Grigs play. I am beyond excited.

AudSabres
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:00 am 
Superstar Goalie

Nuthatch wrote:
I'm a little concerned that Philly will physically ruff up this kid. I imagine them as evil enough to TRY to damage him. Psych him out & ruin him that way.

I really hate Philly. But I can imagine Boston doing the same thing. I hate them too. :)

Try as they may; we have a 6'8/ 270 pound deterrent :)

He's a middling AHL player who had the good fortune of a drunk arbitrator. - The Squanto re: Tim Kennedy

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next