It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:38 pm 
Hart Winner

Image Image

Buffalo looks to go 2-0 on a back to back game vs. the 1-0 Maple Leafs. The Sabres' new threat and new left testicle physical presence Steve Ott looks to continue his recent performance with a goal, five hits, and two blocked shots. Vanek looks to continue his pace of 240 points. Can he do it? Stafford will try to use his overnight karate lessons to bolster his fighting skills, and John Scott will try to go another game without smashing a block of ice over someone's head.

The Toronto Maple Leafs will also try going 2-0, although playing Buffalo is probably a lot harder than playing that snoozer team called Montreal.

LET'S GO BUFFALO! KICK SOME MAPLE LEAF ASS!

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:54 pm 
Hart Winner

I'm predicting 3-1 Sabres win.

Yhoshi
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:24 am 
Franchise Defenseman

what a double post ;)

I hope the leafs will start again giving us the 2 points in a tim hortons doggybag as the hockeygods want it so

Displaced Fan
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:25 am 
Superstar Goalie

I know they beat Montreal but how did Torono look in that opener? I didn't get a chance to watch it. I'm forecasting a Sabres win of 3-2. Vanek with two goals and Hetcht with one.

AudSabres
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:38 am 
Superstar Goalie

I was flipping back and forth between that game and about 4 others. From what I could see, the Leafs actually didn't suck as bad as previous contests. Also, you could tell the Habs were missing P.K. big time on the blue line. Considering the long opening ceremony, it didn't seem to have a negative effect on the leafs. Overall, they played a good game for the first one of the season.

I don't see the Sabres blowing them out tonight. Think it's going to be a close one at either 3-2 or 4-2. Also, I expect Lindy to use Grigo a lot more than yesterday and am REALLY looking forward to Foligno and Komisarek renewing pleasantries from last season. :D

He's a middling AHL player who had the good fortune of a drunk arbitrator. - The Squanto re: Tim Kennedy

Crosscheck
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:28 am 
Sober enough to run a server

I want my 2 points.

YankeeInRaleigh
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:05 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Crosscheck wrote:
I want my 2 points.

It's baaaaaack! :)

Awesome.

Stuuuuuuu
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:12 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Displaced Fan wrote:
I know they beat Montreal but how did Torono look in that opener? I didn't get a chance to watch it. I'm forecasting a Sabres win of 3-2. Vanek with two goals and Hetcht with one.

I watched about a period and the Leafs looked good believe it or not.

YankeeInRaleigh
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:20 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Stuuuuuuu wrote:
Displaced Fan wrote:

Dammit, that's just what we need with a shortened season playing mostly divisional rivals, a leafs team which doesn't suck.

Oh well, hopefully the senators suck this year.

Crosscheck
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:42 pm 

Stuuuuuuu wrote:

Well that can't last...I'm pretty sure they're contractually obligated to fail.

Stuuuuuuu
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:42 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

I don't have that much faith in the Leafs though FWIW. When Tyler Bozak is your number 1 center...there are some real problems.

daz28
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:54 pm 
Star Sniper

Randy Carlyle insists that his danglers skate hard every shift, and the little bit I saw of their game the other night, they did. If Myers has an ass ton of giveaways again, some will end up in our net via Kulemin and Grabovski. They are the rested team this time, so we have to gut it out. We'll need to lay a few open ice body checks to slow them down(not the Lindy fake-check, where you pretend your going to defend, then swing your stick at their feet, because you aren't allowed to ever take a risk, which could put you out of position), and we should be able to pull out a win. No prediction this time, but the empty netter ruined yesterdays from being spot on. Maybe I'll post a prediction later, just not getting a feeling yet.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:13 pm 
Hart Winner

Just to get this off ma chest, Myers was great last night, don't see why people are calling him shaky?

Displaced Fan
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:17 pm 
Superstar Goalie

BlueandYellow wrote:
Just to get this off ma chest, Myers was great last night, don't see why people are calling him shaky?

I saw him make that dumb pass back to the wing when he should have gone the other way with it but I hear ya. I got the same crap yesterday when I said I liked how he looked. His stick handling was excellent on a few plays in our zone when he needed to maintain control of the puck, he was winning battles in the corners and I liked how his outlet passes were looking. I guess I just missed the sloppy part people have been commenting on. I think Sabres fans just like to bitch. ;)

Crosscheck
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:18 pm 

BlueandYellow wrote:

he had more than a couple misqueues in the first period...missed passes, bad reads.
Nothing that lead to a chance in the other direction but he did indeed look out of step.

He definitely improved throughout the game though.

daz28
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:42 pm 
Star Sniper

All I said was the giveaways, which loses games in this league. Not something to be overlooked at all. I'll guarantee LR saw them, and I hope he says something to Tyler about it, because Toronto is a speed team, and lives off them.

I think we need Robyn Regehr to step up big tonight, and let them danglers know he isn't gonna have any of that, but he can't let them get behind him, either. Also, he needs to keep Loops to the outside, as he likes to bull-rush along the boards to the net. Regehr will be key to success tonight, imo. Still no prediction.

AudSabres
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:01 pm 
Superstar Goalie

I'm not sure if it was a case of the refs calling everything because of the national broadcast, but Regehr was the culprit of a few bad calls. Not to say they were bad penalties or that he was out there playing slack jawed, I just hope it doesn't make him timid tonight to play a physical game. If he can be a rock on the blue line tonight and shut down anything that comes his way, it'll go a long way.

Also, Ott and Kaleta need to reload and dish out more of the same tonight as they did against the Cryers. If it's in a blue and white jersey, paste it to the boards or run it through the glass.

As the afternoon progressed, I'm actually feeling really good about this game. Still don't think it will be a landslide, but I think we're going to play in ways that Leafs players and their fans will have fits.

Just hope that doesn’t backfire on us and go the other way. ;)

He's a middling AHL player who had the good fortune of a drunk arbitrator. - The Squanto re: Tim Kennedy

daz28
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:09 pm 
Star Sniper

Cryers fans were going berserk on hf boards, because Regehr lifted a stick that saved a goal. I guess that shows why the refs have been calling bigger gentlemen for a lotta unfounded bullshit the last couple years. "You're too big, get in the box. Next shift just be a pylon, so the danglers can draw 'new' fans." -NHL mentality.

Stuuuuuuu
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:40 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

BlueandYellow wrote:

Completely disagree. I was screaming "You gotta do better than that" at him the entire game. His goal was going wide and deflected off a skate too.

AudSabres
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:49 pm 
Superstar Goalie

I have to side with Stuuuuuuuu, Myers was bad at the start but it looked like as the game went on, he settled down and was getting back to the Myers we're used to. Some plays early on, you could even see it after he made the play, his body language was like, "Fuck". I think tonight he bounces back and we'll see him taking off like the 777 from his own end like old times. One thing I'd like to see is him realizing how big of a man he is and put the body on anything in a Leafs jersey.

14 min to puck drop and both feeds I have on center ice are the god damn fucking 'Tronna guys.

This game has already gotten off to a bad start.

Fuck.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next